Champoeg 2006 - 'c5'

fractal

Greetings everyone!

We are planning our annual Champoeg get together here in Oregon. This will be our 5th year!

Champoeg 2006, aka "C5" will be the weekend of July 14-16, 2006.

It is probably the biggest, most planned, most incredible, and most talked-about geocaching event in Oregon each year. There will be at least one event cache, but the festivities will likely start Thursday or Friday evening and last through sometime Sunday. Well over 100 geocachers from Portland, Eugene, Seattle and elsewhere participate in some or all of the weekend. Many cachers choose to camp at Champoeg for the weekend; some folks commute in for one or more days.....

We want YOU to join us this year!

Kiwimonster is organizing the campsite reservations for the A-loop (but not the B-loop) plus the cabins and yurts. If you'd like to camp, take a look at the map posted on www.champoeg.com, select an unclaimed site that you'd like (and maybe a backup or two), and let Kiwi know which site, which nights, who will be staying with you, and make arrangements with them for payment.....$20 per night plus $10 for the reservation.

Any excess money will go to the Champoeg general fund. This helps cover the cost of materials for large group events, potluck items like napkins and plates, and other little things.

Please visit www.champoeg.com, and be sure and sign-up for the forums to get all the latest information.

Champoeg - A celebration of Oregon State Parks, Geocaching, and Geocachers.

-fractal

In retrospect I'm not sure I'd trust the kiwimonsters as wagonmasters in the future. We expressed interest in getting into a cabin or yurt if one came available, since we had a cabin two years ago but missed out last year. They responded that a yurt was indeed open and we could have it if we wanted. After sending them our money, come to find out the reason it was open was that we would be between Bazzle and Soup!!!

Boy, did they see the rubes from Montana coming a mile away...

In retrospect I'm not sure I'd trust the kiwimonsters as wagonmasters in the future. We expressed interest in getting into a cabin or yurt if one came available, since we had a cabin two years ago but missed out last year. They responded that  a yurt was indeed open and we could have it if we wanted. After sending them our money, come to find out the reason it was open was that we would be between Bazzle and Soup!!!

We understand your concern. But then again, we're between fractal and sassquatch.

As for camping details: check out the champoeg.com site for available campsites. All of the yurts and cabins have been not only reserved but paid for so they are not available.

Send a message to champoeg at kiwimonster.net with the following information:

1. which site you would like. we recommend selecting one or more back-ups as well.

2. which night(s) you would like to camp. Nearly everyone is staying Friday and Saturday nights; many folks are also staying Thursday or Sunday. At least one group is coming on Wednesday.

3. your calculation of the cost. It's $20 per night plus $10 for the reservation (so $30 for 1 night; $50 for 2 nights; $70 for 3 nights; $90 for 4 nights).

4. the geocaching and real names of everyone you expect to be camping with you, and your e-mail address

5. once we have all of the details, we'll confirm your site via e-mail and let you know how to get us the money.

Hi all -

I still plan on being at the campout on Saturday but won't be camping. My lovely wife wants to come down with me however she doesn't camp so I'm going to force myself to stay in a hotel either Friday or Saturday night.

That being said I have a camp site reserved and paid for. Anyone interested in buying my spot please let me know.

thanks

recdiver

In retrospect I'm not sure I'd trust the kiwimonsters as wagonmasters in the future. We expressed interest in getting into a cabin or yurt if one came available, since we had a cabin two years ago but missed out last year. They responded that a yurt was indeed open and we could have it if we wanted. After sending them our money, come to find out the reason it was open was that we would be between Bazzle and Soup!!!

Hmmmm I knew there was a reason I stopped looking at these forums :laughing:

:( We're still pretty new to the game but we'll be there. I'm envious of those that have already left for Champoeg since we don't leave until tomorrow afternoon. I hope the weekends events wear my kids out, they are frantic to get out the door.right.stinkin.now.

Looking forward to putting faces to screen names. :(