...and Thanks For All The Fish.

Jeep_Dog

Sometimes there is quite a bit of angst in these forums.

However, I am continually stunned by the overall thoughtfullness, concern, and overall good-nature of the Geocaching community.

Septic1 has said it a hundred (perhaps thousand?) times... "I have never met a geocacher I did not like."

Quite often, a gem of a gracious thoughtfulness and concern for fellow cachers is readily apparent, despite the gnashing of teeth that can occur in the forums.

I just wanted to point out some of the brighter aspects of geocaching (other than the obvious - it is a WONDERFUL pastime) and the warm comradarie of the community.

Thanks.

Edited by Jeep_Dog
...Septic1 has said it a hundred (perhaps thousand?) times... "I have never met a geocacher I did not like."

That's true but, "All I know is what I read in the forums." :ph34r::)

Seriously, in my nearly six decades on this planet I have never been associated with a finer group of people than those involved in this hobby.

Jeep_Dog, take care in Iraq; I hope to meet you one day. :):rolleyes:

...Septic1 has said it a hundred (perhaps thousand?) times... "I have never met a geocacher I did not like."

That's true but, "All I know is what I read in the forums." :):)

Seriously, in my nearly six decades on this planet I have never been associated with a finer group of people than those involved in this hobby.

Jeep_Dog, take care in Iraq; I hope to meet you one day. :):ph34r:

I'm with ya on that sentiment tank.

I have now been to 45 events in 5 states. I'll probably be hosting 4 or 5 more events in the next 7 months. (Including the event to be held the night before GW4.)

I have never met a finer subset of humanity than geocachers. It's not the McToys and dollar store crap that keeps me in this sport. It's the people. My local group is like an extended family and I've made some true friends all over this country and Canada and even a few overseas. :)

"I have never met a geocacher I did not like."

I put that on my profile years ago and I've never found a reason to take it off. :rolleyes:

I've met some folks in my travels that I thought were complete A.H.s on these and other geocaching forums, but they were fine in person. :)

I'm sure that there could be a geocacher out there that I wouldn't like, but the true A.H.s tend to be antisocial and don't show up at events. :)

Edited by Snoogans

Two different aspects here.

Geocachers met at events, or on the trail vs geocachers not met, or just seen at events or on the trail.

Most are the sweetest bunch of people! Secret Society theory. (We're in this together.) Very helpful, friendly bunch of people! Delightful bunch of people!

Social events tend to bring out the more sociable people. Heaven knows, I'm not the most sociable person in the world. But I've always been welcomed enthusiastically.

There are cachers for whom I do not particularly care. Some I have met at events. Some I have probably seen, but never been introduced to. (Hint: Big name tags are good!) Some do not attend events.

I will disagree with "I've never met a cacher I do not like." I like 99.9% of geocachers. Special thanks to those who have helped my TBs fulfill their goals. Lost Bird made if from NJ to Seattle in only three months. Grey Furby took ten months to make it form NJ to ME. Thank you. Thank you. I love you people!

The other 0.1% - oh, well. Hey. That's a great average. :rolleyes:

I put that on my profile years ago and I've never found a reason to take it off.  :o

Riddle me this ... after looking at your profile. How can you have found over 800 TBs and only 350 caches??? Just curious.

OT reply to OT question:

Actually, including coins and jeeps, it's around 875. :lol:

I may be getting this wrong but your tone seems a bit accusatory. :lol:

It's very simple. My tb stats are the part of the game that I like to play most. I have several tb hotels and I keep tbs moving from tb hotels to events and so on. If you do a bit of detective work you'll notice that most of my tb activity revolves around tb hotels and events. That's the way I play MY game. :lol:

BTW- Stats aren't always what they seem either. I do have about 100+ or so caches that I've been too lazy to log. :anibad:

Ummmm, Back to the topic..... :santa:

Edited by Snoogans
I may be getting this wrong but your tone seems a bit accusatory.  :o

No, you're right. The fact that you are in this game for the TBs answers A LOT of unanswered questions for me ... :lol:

:lol:

I NEVER said I was in this game for travel bugs. You just did that on your own.

And if you spend lots of time thinking about me.... wellll.... :anibad::santa::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry to the OP. Let's get this thread back on track.

Edited by Snoogans