Kitsap County Coin........... Heads Up

Shop99er

SilverKitsap.jpg

In about 3 weeks we will announce the sale of the Kitsap County Geocoin. The announcement will be made in the coin forums and NOT HERE. If you'd like this coin please keep your eyes peeled in the Coin Forums.

There will be 100 bronze coins and 25 silver coins produced for this county coin. The FIRST 25 Kitsap County residents who want a Kitsap coin will receive the silver edition. ONLY Kitsap County residents will receive this coin when it is announced.

We are not making a waiting list or doing any pre-sales. We will announce when these coins will go on sale and will sell them first come, first served until they are sold out.

About every three months we will produce another Washington state county coin. The next county will be Pierce County and the one after that will be Grays Harbor County.

I am not into collecting geocoins but I sure want one of those. Thanks for doing so much for the Kitsap County Geocaching community. I nominate you for the Kitsap County Geocachers of the Year award. Dick, W7WT

Same thoughts here!

Shunra

(BTW, those mountains in the background, they are not in Kitsap, but over here, on our side, in Jefferson County :rolleyes: )

Edited by shunra
I am not into collecting geocoins but I sure want one of those. Thanks for doing so much for the Kitsap County Geocaching community. I nominate you for the Kitsap County Geocachers of the Year award. Dick, W7WT

Same thoughts here!

Shunra

(BTW, those mountains in the background, they are not in Kitsap, but over here, on our side, in Jefferson County :rolleyes: )

Didn't say they were. But you can see them from Kitsap.

Same thoughts here!

Shunra

(BTW, those mountains in the background, they are not in Kitsap, but over here, on our side, in Jefferson County :anibad: )

Didn't say they were. But you can see them from Kitsap.

Yeah. Actually, the best view of those mountains, other than views from the peaks themselves, is from the Seabeck area in Kitsap, across Hood Canal.

Same thoughts here!

Ya all quit! You're gonna make us blush!

Actually, Dave's orders are usually 115.

We thought about making a larger run of coins but we wanted to make this a more exclusive coin. Having a low run number coin in your collection seems to be more of a 'feather in the cap' of coin collectors.

The company making them just contacted me yesterday and said the coins were somewhere in Alabama and once they're located, they'll be shipped on to me. Hopefully they'll be in my hands before the 9th of December.

There will be a pre-announcement on the coin forums and on the NW forum that they'll be going on sale. It's the same deal as with the GeoGhost coins. We'll tell you what day and what time to be in front of your computer. Keep your eyes peeled.

I'm glad the timing worked out - I'm coming up for air as class ends just in time to see this.

I would have been sad, indeed, if I would have missed the sale of the geocoin of my own county featuring the ferry I ride to work every day (not to mention have two cahces tied in with).

Great job on the coin! Can't wait to see them in my hand.

Wow! Plus I qualify for a silver coin! Excellent...

Edited by Bull Moose