Mobipocket Vs Cachemate

Xitor

When I wanted to step up my searching and cut down on the paper prints for geocaching, I got my premium membership and started using the mobipocket reader.

While that may be the best because it works on multiple PDAs, I must say that for the Palm OS users, cachemate is so much more convenient. After reading about it in a paperless cache post in the forums I bought it ($8) just based on the very strong recommendation there. After using it, I like it so much I bought a copy for the friend who introduced me to geocaching and uses his palm too.

I think it may be a good idea to promote, or recommend, cachemate for those that go premium and have Palms. I think it is not only heads and tails above trying to use mobipocket to find, log, track, etc, but it would mean that many premium members that use it wouldn't be requesting mobipocket format files with the gpx file. This could save processing time, space, and bandwidth.

Thanks,

David

And from reading the forums, noone ever trades down, caches are never abandoned, and logging a TB is simple....

However, not everyone reads the forums, if they did they might learn that mobi is a slow limited app and their are ones that are much better. Mobi's linked on the resource page, and mobi/ebooks are named as usable on the PQ schedule and on each PQ page. Somewhere there are likely people using mobi pocket and they either don't know or don't care to change.

I started with Mobipocket and found it to be painfully slow. Then I tried Plucker but to be honest with you, the set-up hurt my brain. I don't want to have to do all that work. Get it on my Palm, that's all I want. Somebody on my state association board recommended Cachemate and while I hesitated in spending more money on a program that may or may not work, I am very happy with it. I like how it easily works with GSAK and the money was well-spent. It's so much faster than Mobipocket and the set-up was very simple. Just my opinion, but I do like it.