Men Geocaching Alone

Mr'D

Yep, most of the time, take along the wife and daughter, and been known to tag along with the ECG, although I have had times where I have thought, don't like the look of them, and I have taken precautions to avoid a confrontation.

This has also happened whilst walking my dogs and in the City, oh yeah and on the bus, and my work place (I do security). In fact if trouble is going to happen, then it will happen.

With my profession you have many confrontations, sometimes the angry ones listen to you and do as you ask, then other times the quiet ones start, you can see the situation spiralling downwards, and yet there is nothing you can do to prevent it from happening. You just have to deal with the situation the best you can at the time, and that includes if you have trouble whilst out alone geocaching.

I cache alone. Mainly lunchtimes, but I have been out in the woods past midnight. I actually find being out in the countryside in the early hours fascinating. Everything seems different by moonlight.

The usual concerns about security are just as valid for men and women, day or night, town or countryside. Awareness of you surroundings is the best policy.

I go alone about half of the time when not caching with Mcd1 or The Amazing Spider Man (my sons). I try to look like a hiker with day pack, gaiters, silly hat etc as opposed to a seedy fat middle aged perv so I don't scare people when I emerge looking flushed from the bushes. Not sure it always works though ;)

Oh, to go caching all by myself. :o

I usually have one or more kids in tow...to be honest they enjoy it just as much as I do! ;)

I like finding the place and spotting the pile of stones or whatever. I then leave the kids to remove them and open the box etc. HAving said that my 4 year old son has found the last 2 or 3 before I did. ;):mad:

Mrs Golem comes now and again. She enjoyed the last one (Watendlath) but I don't think she'd like to go out as often as I do... ;)

I have only sought two caches alone.

I wouldn't seek any cache ,without female company ,that involved counting swings etc in play areas .

I think it's a sad state of affairs if a perfectly innocent man can't go anywhere near a playground without worrying about looking like a pervert.

So long as you don't look suspicious (lurking in bushes etc), and you're not trying to look on the bottom of the swing seat while a kid is sitting on it, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

The more we worry about looking suspicious, the more likely people are to be suspicious of us.

More often than not I am alone on the hunt. For the next few days I am exploring the rich Geocaching fields of Bucks, staying in my daughter's house while two of the women in my life devote themselves to some retail therapy in New York (I delivered them to Heathrow this morning and they should be on final approach to JFK about now).

So now back to GSAK to plan the next three days - only 48 I have not yet found withing 6 miles of here! :cool:

Edited by John Stead

I usually go out on my own at the weekend, nice and early.

Bonnie comes along mostly on weekdays when she gets the chance. ( The shops are open then :cool: )

On the odd occasion when Ive gone flying on my rear, Bonnie hasnt been around which makes solo caching much more enjoyable for me.Nothing worse than hearing a giggle about an hour later after you've been induldging in a spot of mud wrestling :huh:

... while two of the women in my life devote themselves to some retail therapy in New York...

did you mean to say the two women in my life...?

if not what are the others up to this weekend :anibad:

And of the first two...whose credit card are they charging :anicute:

That would be telling! But I do have another daughter and granddaughter.

As for the credit card - that is a problem. <_<