Would You Pay $10 For A Trackable Coin?

SCP-173

How many people would be willing to pay $10 total for a REGIONAL coin that's trackable on geocaching.com as a personal coin (it's not a true personal coin, just has the PC prefix)? There wouldn't be a new icon. The reasoning for the high price would be because there would only be 100 minted and they'd have a lot of extra features thrown in (like epoxy on both sides, consecutive numbering in addition to the tracking numbers, 1 3D die, 1.75", etc). I figure those gold Alaska coins were $40+, so $10 is chump change. :D If the general consensus here is good.... well you never know.

PS: I'm not selling anything. Don't embarrass yourself by saying "I'll take <insert # here>". :D

Edited by Vargseld? ™
It's pricy. Drop the tracking and make it an 8.00 coin.  :D

I agree. I don't see the allure of tracking, but it seems to be a very popular thing.

The biggest allure, we would guess, is a new icon. Since PC's all have the same one, it might not be that big a deal to drop the trackablility as Renegade Knight suggested.

Here is my opinion: I see absolutely no reason to pay for a generic icon (personal coins are generic icons) for a limited run of coins. None will ever be placed in a cache and expected to move. The only coins that make any sense to track on gc.com are large mintings (1000 or more, in my opinion).

However, if you want to force us to give gc.com $1.50 extra per coin, you know we will pay it. I just don't see the point. :D

--Marky

If the coin is cool it will sell at almost any price.

I have to agree that a minting of 100 for a regional coin is very skimpy. I could care less about tracking myself on a coin of this type, but keep in mind also that GC.com won't sell less than 500 tracking numbers either acording to their website.

Well, the region doesn't have all that many cachers, and I doubt the ones there would buy more than 100. And if you go through coinsandpins.com there's no minimum for the personal tracking numbers.

I think I'd pass. I'm being a bit more selective with all the coins coming out. If were somebody I knew well and it was a REALLY cool personal coin that would make me buy it, but otherwise probably not.

Now, if it starts humming or vibrating when you get near a cache.... :anitongue:

Tracking means little to me when buying or trading. I don't log my purchased/keeper coins anyway. I do aim to log it when I know the person who created/sent the coin did so first because I figure they use that to see where their coins ended up.

When I make a coin I might pay for tracking. Not for selling purposes, because I won't sell them. Instead I will put them in caches or perhaps trade a few. But I like the tracking because I could log them all into my account and then have a way to see who has them and if they move. I wouldn't really expect them to move, I figure people would keep them, but it would be a nice to see if they did move.

Edited by carleenp
Keep the tracking and make it $20. The collectors will buy them regardless. It'll make 'em think its more valuable. With a limited run, they will sell out.

The point here isn't to make money. I like limited runs as much as anyone else, but there's no reason to jack the price up.

So far almost everyone has indicated that tracking is worthless. That's an unexpected, but refreshing, outcome. I agree completely. If this happens yall'll be saving $1.50. :anitongue: Thanks for the input.