Geocaching License Plates

Jamie Z

In the course of my geocaching days, I've come across a number of interesting license plates held by geocachers. Here a couple you may have already seen, or maybe not.

Probably the best known of geocaching personalized plates, but I couldn't find a clear photo.

abc2de1b-67a4-4f21-ba18-9a902c7e7dbc.jpg

Saw this one at an event. We all gave him crap that it said, "I Love Virtuals," although he insists it has nothing to do with geocaching.

cf9adcef-c404-411c-b6e8-268012abdee9.jpg

I couldn't find a picture of my favorite geocaching plate, but I'll see if I can locate it for later posting.

Jamie

The local FTF hound has CACHECAR on his plate. I'm tempted to get one, but I have my business' name on it right now.

There is also a YJTB one in VA Beach. It's also a travel bug. :mad:

(and yes, it is on a yellow jeep :o )

Another related question is-do any local groups have a special state tag yet?

You need 300 sigs on the petition to get one in NC.

?for the OP? Jamie-I heard a comedian on the radio this morning driving to work that made me think of you. He asked " Do they have Fire Drills in China? If so what do they do?" ;);)

Edited by wimseyguy
The local FTF hound has CACHECAR on his plate. I'm tempted to get one, but I have my business' name on it right now.

There is also a YJTB one in VA Beach. It's also a travel bug. ;)

(and yes, it is on a yellow jeep :cool: )

Another related question is-do any local groups have a special state tag yet?

You need 300 sigs on the petition to get one in NC.

?for the OP? Jamie-I heard a comedian on the radio this morning driving to work that made me think of you. He asked " Do they have Fire Drills in China? If so what do they do?" :huh::(

YUP, here it is

http://home.nc.rr.com/horsegeeks/GeoFiles/DSC00098.JPG

I would jump at TNLNSL, the only problem with a having a plate like that is that it will upset people driving behind you who (like me) hate it when they can't figure out a personalized plate.  :lol:  :lol:  :santa:

It's easy to figure out that it's associated with geocaching if you Google it! :o

But as for the meaning, someone would have to do a little more searching. A search for "geoaching acronyms" would do it.

Yeah, plates I can't figure out bug me, too :anibad:

I will have to look into getting a license plate with my caching handle on it...  B)

Mine doesn't look as good as a liscence plate. We get 7 letters in WA. But AMBRSIA looks kinda wrong, I think. :lol:

I have the same problem..I live in Wa..How do you shorten HALFFAST ????

HALFFST

HLFFAST

HALFAST (my favorite B) )

It's too bad that it doesn't quite fit, we both need one more letter in the license plate.

Hey, I enjoyed doing some of your caches a couple months ago. B)

I will have to look into getting a license plate with my caching handle on it...  :anitongue:

Mine doesn't look as good as a liscence plate. We get 7 letters in WA. But AMBRSIA looks kinda wrong, I think. :grin:

HALFFST

HLFFAST

HALFAST (my favorite :anibad: )

It's too bad that it doesn't quite fit, we both need one more letter in the license plate.

Hey, I enjoyed doing some of your caches a couple months ago. ;)

We need to get together and make the dot let us use 8 letters :laughing:

I will have to look into getting a license plate with my caching handle on it...  :anibad:

Mine doesn't look as good as a liscence plate. We get 7 letters in WA. But AMBRSIA looks kinda wrong, I think. :anitongue:

HALFFST

HLFFAST

HALFAST (my favorite :P )

Hey, I enjoyed doing some of your caches a couple months ago. B)

We need to get together and make the dot let us use 8 letters :laughing:

:grin: I'm all for it!!! ;)