The Great Canadian Travel Bug Race

Utsman

I have gained much interest in TB race so I decided to launch one of my own. So far the prizes are provided by me and if I manage to pick up a sponsor or two the prize pool will grow. :lol:

Just want some feed back on the site and if you want to enter the race follow the website instructions.

Edited by Utsman

Hi,

Is it usual for such races that the owners have to mail the TBs to a central location?

Couldn't we just drop a Travel Bug in a local cache, other then one of our own caches?

Also, will they all be dropped in the same cache in your area,

or will they be spread in different caches on the same day?

Thank you for putting this together,

Hey it looks really good to me. I'll be sending in an entry for sure. One question since I'm not overly experienced with TB's, doesn't the bug owner have to be the one to initially drop it to a cache in order to get it going???

Cheers, Olar

Hey it looks really good to me. I'll be sending in an entry for sure. One question since I'm not overly experienced with TB's, doesn't the bug owner have to be the one to initially drop it to a cache in order to get it going???

Cheers, Olar

The idea is I will make one large drop of all the bugs in one central cache but will e-mail the owners to tell them to drop there bugs in the cache on 1 March 05

blackjack65 - Yes for travel bug races it is normal to mail the bugs, sometimes people hold events for the launch of a race but people still end up mailing them. So all travel bugs have a fair chance they will all be dropped in one large cache.

For each of our Travel Bug Races we held an event to start the race, or mailed the TB's to the event oranizer. Then the bugs were taken from the event to be placed. We felt that this would be better than dropping 32 TB's into one cache and risk that cache being muggled and the race be over before it starts.

Almost all racing TB's are mailed to a origin point so all have the same chance from the same place. IMHO we never allowed a used TB to be on the race as the milage becomes confusing. If a cacher has a favourite hitchhiker, as in Hard Oiler, just attach it to a new bug.

We love TB races and you can look forward to 4 entries from down here.

Just want some feed back on the site and if you want to enter the race follow the website instructions.

I think you need to check the dates on #3. Also do you think a TB can get all those provinces in only 8 months?

"3. Race Ends when a travel bug visits every 10 out of 13 province/territory or on 1 Nov 05 the travel bug with provinces/territories wins."

Well exciting news....today the first travel bug arrived for the race it was from Old Sailor and here is a link to his TB CGDS I will be updating the site tommorrow with his entry.

I have also found 3-4 caches that can handle the race start and all are fairly close together. I created a computer program that will randomly select your travel bugs starting cache.

Cant wait for other travels bugs arrive.

Great News

Our race has been sponsored ;) Took a lot of work on my end mailing companies, but it has now paid off and will make the race prize pool better.

I was away for a few days with work came home check my mail and to my surprise there was a reply from GPS Central saying that they'll sponsor us for $250.

My idea is for first place - $125 second place - $75 third place - $50 will be adding there logo to site as a thank-you as soon as I receive permission from them.