Seattle Weekend Warriors #5

AnalogDog

This week, we tip the hat to AndrewRJ who is jonesing to take on Weightman's challenge at Frink's Folly, and I am silly enough to come along to get our first DNF, and end our streak of dominance.

For those of you that are unfamiliar with this cache, it is along the west side of Lake Washington where many other caches can be found, with less of the micro sillyness that effects most of Seattle. Ammo boxes in the city. Think of that. A few micros, too.

But join us, 8am at the Starbuck's at 121 Lakeside Ave. Its down on Lake Washington in the Leschi Neighborhood. Frink's Folly does not seem to have an obvious parking location, so I am choosing here as its quite close to the cache.

Rob

If only y'all didn't meet so darned early....weekends are for NOT having to get up so early! :lol:

I've done the first WPs of Frink's folly, and would love to join you and solve that danged array to get me to the final, but not at that hour! Besides, I have a massage scheduled Saturday a.m......ahhhhhh :drama:

Maybe a laptop with wireless internet might be a good thing to have so we can get this baby done in one sitting.

I seriously doubt that much power is needed for this humble cache. Nothing in the puzzle involves more math than I taught in 8th grade regular math. Insights might be needed, but you won't find those online.

Well, there is a projection possibly involved, but that can be done with most GPSrs.

I seriously doubt that much power is needed for this humble cache. Nothing in the puzzle involves more math than I taught in 8th grade regular math. Insights might be needed, but you won't find those online.

Well, there is a projection possibly involved, but that can be done with most GPSrs.

You're forgetting that with the exception of Andrew, 8th grade was a long time ago for some of us... :anicute:

Cachemate does Projections as well, and at least a couple of us will have that.

I was planning to bring a clipboard and some paper for calculations/graphs if needed. <_<

I seriously doubt that much power is needed for this humble cache.  Nothing in the puzzle involves more math than I taught in 8th grade regular math.  Insights might be needed, but you won't find those online.

You're forgetting that with the exception of Andrew, 8th grade was a long time ago for some of us... <_<

Cachemate does Projections as well, and at least a couple of us will have that.

I was planning to bring a clipboard and some paper for calculations/graphs if needed. :anicute:

Hey now old man! :anibad:

With the size of the group getting bigger all the time, I have one small request. Please take great care with the final. The ground there could easily get some serious geo-trails. The cache is not right next to the trail, but not far from it. Sharp eyes could see parts pf it from the trail. Please take care in there.

Also parking at the first two physical waypoints in very limited. It might be better to park a short distance away to the east and walk to the 2nd waypoint. I can't help much with the first waypoint in terms of parking.

Thanks,

Edit:clarity

Edited by WeightMan
We would love to join you all but instead we will be sleeping in a little. HMP says "No WAY am I getting up on Saturay to an alarm clock!"

LOL. REading the logs after this one too. Yeah, I'm more on your side for sure. I'm a Night Owl. Banker's Hours caching is about as early I go anymore and heck, same thing for fishing, I have good luck in the late morning on.

I'm not sure exactly why it happened, but I missed grabbing several caches on Saturday.

It was really quite bizzare, as I had some caches but not others on my PDA and GPS. :(

I am thinking it was my pocket query, as two queries that make up the Seattle area intersect in the I-90 area. And I was tuning them a little while ago, and I think I overtuned. ;);)

So I loosened up the queries, and I hope those few will show up next time I am in the area.