How Large Is Your....collection

ArmandoM

I have been wanting to ask this question just never got around to posting. I currently have 162 keepers in my collection :lol: .

The scary part is I have only been collecting since last March :drama: . Yes this is an expensve hobby :drama: !!!

This does not count the 40 or 50 that I have ordered or traded for that I am still waiting to receive.

Edited by Damenace
Are the trackable ones in your collection activated?

Nope.

AG..why don't you activate them?? I've only activated one of mine...still not sure whether or not to. I have them separated (trackables and non trackables). I think of all the icons I can have if I do it. I think of all the icons I can share with others if I do it...and yet I do nothing about activating them. Something about the fear of them being less valuable.

I need help :lol:

activate...don't activate.....activate....don't activate!!! etc. etc.

I'm starting to think I might actually have too many coins.....

Once I get my Personal Coin finished, I think I might cut back and stick to state coins, personal coin trades, and getting gc.com trackable coins (I'd like to keep up with the icons anyway, that might get tough by itself in time).

I've just been inventorying mine tonight, and find it's been very time consuming to do, that must mean I have too many....

AG..why don't you activate them??

I just look at the coins like I would look at any other collectible... the most valueable are always in "mint" condition. If you activate your coins, they're not really "mint" anymore by secondary market standards, are they?

Something about the fear of them being less valuable.

So you basically answered your own question. Again, this is just something *I* personally perceive. People collect thesew coins for all different reasons. And icons are a big reason for many collectors.

I need help  :D

I think we all do. :lol:

as a newbie to this game....I was wondering. Do you guys trade coins, buy them, or find them in caches. I don't see how I could ever get any coins because of my time limitations to get FTF's. I notice ebay has some as well. Coins look like a great item to collect, so I was just wondering how you get them. THanks.

as a newbie to this game....I was wondering. Do you guys trade coins, buy them, or find them in caches. I don't see how I could ever get any coins because of my time limitations to get FTF's. I notice ebay has some as well. Coins look like a great item to collect, so I was just wondering how you get them. THanks.

the short answer is: buy and/or trade. Occasionally, and I stress occasionally you may find one in a cache.