My Legend Came Back To Life!

tholt4

My Legend, which I had planned on putting up for sale since I bought a Quest, came up with the lines in the display problem and "up" click stick not working after it sat unused in my vehicle for about 3 months. Up until then I never had a problem with the unit. I brought it inside the house and let it sit for a few days thinking it was a goner. Well, I turned it on again and the display had cleared up, but the "up" position of the click stick still did not work. After vigorously working the click stick in all positions for a few minutes, it suddenly began to work. It's been about 3 weeks now and all seems well with daily testing. This unit although 1 1/2 years old, had realitively little use. I wonder if you need to regulaly use the click stick to keep it in good working condition.

CLICK HERE to see a message a guy posted about repairing his Click-Stick. If you're brave, you may want to try replacing the part yourself, and tighten up the connection of the ribbon cable to the display while you're at it.

Unfortunately the guy deleted his photos, but there are other repair threads here that show the pictures repairing an eTrex. You might try emailing the guy and see if he still has the photos and if he could send them to you.