North Carolina Geocoins On Sale

nittany dave

Wow, that's a nice coin! Do you already have them in hand or is this the proof?

Thanks!

For the record, jackcacheNC did most of the leg work with all of this although it isn't likely that he would come in here and say so.

We asked for a photo of the 1st coin off the line. This was it and we do not have it in hand yet.

Production continues.

Darn, I just missed out on this one. Anyone have an extra they would like to sell.

Also, I have a Panowego gold and/or silver coin to trade.

Shilo

Update 11/19/05: The antique gold coins have sold out! We are now offering a limited edition antique silver coin with the same design to in-state residents through November 30. On December 1, will be sold to anyone.

See the forum post on this for more details.

The North Carolina LE antique silver coins are going on sale to US shipping addresses beginning Saturday, December 3 at 7:00 EDT. These coins will arrive to us at the same time the antique gold ones do and will be shipped at the same time also. We expect to receive the coins within the next few days and begin shipping middle of next week.

See the Store page for details.

Sorry, but sales for these will be by email. See below and on the Store page for ordering instructions. Prices are the same as they were for the antique gold coins and can be seen on the Store page.

Below is an except from that page.

11/23/2005: *** The antique gold coins are sold out. ***

If You Live Outside North Carolina: Beginning 7:00 am EST time on December 3, 2005, we will accept email orders for the silver coins. To order, send the Store Manager an email from the Contact Us page. Include your PayPal email address, coin type (silver), quantity, shipping address and whether insurance is desired or not. We will send an email if we have questions and then invoice you via PayPal. If you already have an order for gold coins, let us know that too and we will ship them together if possible.

When the silver coins are sold out, we will put an announcement on this page.

Emails orders received from out-of-state cachers in our inbox before 7:00 am EST on December 3 will NOT be honored.

We will respond to all emails received before the sold out announcement is posted on this page and in the Groundspeak forum thread. It may take several hours so be patient.

*** Sorry, we will not be taking international shipping orders for the LE antique silver coin that goes on sale December 3 at 7:00am EST. ***

The North Carolina LE antique silver coins are going on sale to US shipping addresses beginning Saturday, December 3 at 7:00 EDT. These coins will arrive to us at the same time the antique gold ones do and will be shipped at the same time also. We expect to receive the coins within the next few days and begin shipping middle of next week.

See the Store page for details.

Sorry, but sales for these will be by email. See below and on the Store page for ordering instructions. Prices are the same as they were for the antique gold coins and can be seen on the Store page.

Below is an except from that page.

11/23/2005: *** The antique gold coins are sold out. ***

If You Live Outside North Carolina: Beginning 7:00 am EST time on December 3, 2005, we will accept email orders for the silver coins. To order, send the Store Manager an email from the Contact Us page. Include your PayPal email address, coin type (silver), quantity, shipping address and whether insurance is desired or not. We will send an email if we have questions and then invoice you via PayPal. If you already have an order for gold coins, let us know that too and we will ship them together if possible.

When the silver coins are sold out, we will put an announcement on this page.

Emails orders received from out-of-state cachers in our inbox before 7:00 am EST on December 3 will NOT be honored.

We will respond to all emails received before the sold out announcement is posted on this page and in the Groundspeak forum thread. It may take several hours so be patient.

*** Sorry, we will not be taking international shipping orders for the LE antique silver coin that goes on sale December 3 at 7:00am EST. ***

Is there a limit to how many LE coins can be purchased by an individual person?

400 made, we're holding 50-100 for local giveaways/awards.

Limit, hmmm, how about 25 unless it's a documented group order. Can you tell I'm making this up as I go? ;)

How many are left after the member presale of the LE? I bought with a member, but am curious how many are left available for sale on Saturday.

OK, OK, I didn't think it through enough, besides, I'm a morning person! ;)

I have plans for that day also that I was trying to work around but I think I can cancel some and change the rest.

How does starting at 11:00 am EST instead sound? I can't start any later.

Same method of ordering.

If this gets a mostly positive response in the next few hours, I'll update our website pages tonight and repost here.

We don't want the entire west coast angry with us. B)

To answer an earlier question: There really were not a significant number of coins sold to NC residents, maybe 50-75. The same held true with the gold coins. I guess there just aren't that many collectors here but we wanted to give them first chance at the coins.

Guess I'll be missing this one too, I was ok with 6am Central Time, my daughter has a christmas event at school at 8am.

Any volunteers to purchase an extra LE for me and I'll be happy to buy it off of you (paypal from bank account, will pay any additonal paypal and shipping fees you inccur) or trade for something I have in my possession or coming to me? Email or PM me.

Nittany Dave

Noone wants you to have to change your plans or miss a day of caching to make it equitable for all to be able to order...

As a community I would hope that eventually we can find an optimal time for doing these sales, so that the most poeple have the ability to get in and order...

My suggestion would be to stay away from weekends.... many of us actually try to Cache on weekends...

I would think that weekdays at 9PM-10PM East Coast (6PM - 7PM) West Coast would be the best time.... When I was actively selling alot on eBay , I found that I got the best results by ending my auctions in that time period....

Jim - of f0t0m0m

I would think that weekdays at 9PM-10PM East Coast (6PM - 7PM) West Coast would be the best time.... When I was actively selling alot on eBay , I found that I got the best results by ending my auctions in that time period....

Jim  - of f0t0m0m

Thanks for the feedback. I know that no time is perfect for everyone. I have kids that like to see me in the evenings and I already spend too much time in front of the PC or I would have done this in the first place. B)

Since I haven't had any postive responses yet, the time stands at 7am Saturday unless I hear an overwhelming response before I get home this evening.

I'm not at all opposed to you working out deals with each other to submit orders on each other's behalf, just let me know in advance what's going on. I'll ship one order to 2+ different addresses. Orders like this that are for over 25 coins will be allowed if the addresses are not down the street from each other. ;)

Limit, hmmm, how about 25 unless it's a documented group order. Can you tell I'm making this up as I go? ;) [/color]

Hi Nittany Dave

I hate to say anything, because it seems you've already had more than a few complaints to deal with. However, I just want to point out that by selling them with a limit of 25, it means they could potentially sell out in less than 14-15 emails (depending on how many were sold locally in presales). Meaning you will be disappointing many, many other eager collectors. You might want to consider a lower limit. Just a thought.

I totally agree herrk & Lassie so have sent appropriate e-mail:) I know the postage is higher to send overseas but if we are willing to pay REASONABLE shipping costs why should there be a problem? I still have a legal address in the USA but it seems there is now an applet to prevent us using even that. Depends where your ISP is I guess, I plan to post to all future coin forums that do the same thing.

L

Let me say that I apologize for any confusion and the appearance of being indecisive, I was simply trying to get people's opinions. Maybe if I were more into geocoin collecting or online selling, I wouldn't have had to ask. I'm trying to balance the needs of the backers, the buyers and my own availability. I sincerely appreciate the feedback that I've received both on- and offline.

So here it is. It won't please everyone and for that I'm truly sorry because I'd sure like for everyone to get one of these who wants one.

Since there has been no overwhelming support for moving the start time, it stays at 7:00 EDT.

I want to allow as many as possible to purchase these coins so I'm taking the more restrictive limit suggestion and setting the limit to 5 coins per person.

We are keeping some coins in reserve. If they sell out quickly (I don't think so but it's already been proven that I don't know much) you can email me and maybe we can get at least one coin to you after the general sale ends. No guarantees on this, but we won't close that door just yet. I probably won't have time to be back here much tomorrow so if you post any questions, I'm not ignoring you, I'm just trying to juggle several bowling balls at once.

Let me say that I apologize for any confusion and the appearance of being indecisive, I was simply trying to get people's opinions. Maybe if I were more into geocoin collecting or online selling, I wouldn't have had to ask. I'm trying to balance the needs of the backers, the buyers and my own availability. I sincerely appreciate the feedback that I've received both on- and offline.

So here it is. It won't please everyone and for that I'm truly sorry because I'd sure like for everyone to get one of these who wants one.

Since there has been no overwhelming support for moving the start time, it stays at 7:00 EDT.

I want to allow as many as possible to purchase these coins so I'm taking the more restrictive limit suggestion and setting the limit to 5 coins per person.

We are keeping some coins in reserve. If they sell out quickly (I don't think so but it's already been proven that I don't know much) you can email me and maybe we can get at least one coin to you after the general sale ends. No guarantees on this, but we won't close that door just yet. I probably won't have time to be back here much tomorrow so if you post any questions, I'm not ignoring you, I'm just trying to juggle several bowling balls at once.

I just emailed you.

I'm not at all opposed to you working out deals with each other to submit orders on each other's behalf, just let me know in advance what's going on.  I'll ship one order to 2+ different addresses.  Orders like this that are for over 25 coins will be allowed if the addresses are not down the street from each other. :unsure:

Nittany Dave:

Have an issue here from your previous statement. Please check your email and get back to me about it. Thanks

Parrolet

Edited by Parrolet
After Wisconsin....this is the next coin without international shipping...why???

I ask only, because the North Carolina Gold coin accepted internatinal orders. :huh:

I don't like the way you treat your European friends either. Why not international shipping? You can send 2 - 4 coins to Europe for only $5. And we're willing to pay for shipping.

We did let you buy the European, Dutch and UK coin to!

tot cache,

team Wij Drie B)