Ring Of Fame Threads

Dirty81007

It would intersting to see what members all time favorite threads are. It could be a thread that provides alot of useful information, or a thread that made you laugh. After searching the forums a little bit I came across this thread http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...topic=30938&hl= The thread provided me with entertainment and useful information. So what are some other great threads worth mentioning?

...does anybody know just how many members have been banned?

No one knows, except the chosen ones (meantime, don't put all your sock puppets into one drawer)...

As a relative to a newbie, I have (or she has) the impression that probably only a few dozen members have actually been banned from this website. I think that means that they can use no services provided by this website, including the forums.

I reckon the number of those forum participants (myself included) who have been temporarily moderated, temporarily or permantly banned or just warned in the forums is astronomical.

Personally, I think it would be useful if there was a list available of all those who have been banned from the website (but only if it lists all their sock puppets, too).

BTW, I noticed that you are new to this game, yet you seem to have researched the forums quite thoroughly. Are you a researcher?

On topic: One of my favorite topics has been one of my own, SCREEN NAMES ARE MORE THAN AN ALIAS. :o:)

I have MANY favorite threads. My most favorite are now inaccessable, because they were on my private forum topics in the old forums.

I had a thread to save the adult humor before it got moderated out of these forums. THAT was a fun thread.

Now most of my favorites are in the OFF TOPIC forum.

Some old favorites:

Goofus & Gallant go geocaching. There was a redux of it on OT.

Me and Coyote Red went head to head on THIS fondly remembered thread.

I started the first Cheers thread when I decided that I didn't like the literal meaning of Abject Silliness. AS went to 1073 pages. Woof and Lulu got Cheers going again in OT and now there are over 3200 pages in 2 volumes.

I really can't call ONE thread my favorite. My current favorites are Kill this Post and Thunderbirds Are GO in OT.

I do, however, have a single favorite post. No other post has come close to this one. (I tried to do one like it once. Do a search for lemurs. Title Hint: Please post.)

My favorite post came from this thread.

Well, I'd usually say FROG is the obvious answer, but you know what?

I like monkeys.

The pet store was selling them for 5¢ each. I thought that was odd since they were normally a couple thousand dollars each. I decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

I bought 200.

I like monkeys.

I took my 200 monkeys home.

I have a big car.

I let one of them drive. His name was Sigmund.

He was retarded. In fact, none of them were really bright. They kept punching themselves in their genitals.

I laughed.

Then they punched my genitals.

I stopped laughing.

I herded them into my apartment.

They didn't adapt very well to their new environment.

They would screech, hurl themselves off of the couch at high speeds and slam into the wall.

Although humorous at first, the spectacle lost its novelty halfway into its third hour.

Two hours later I found out why all the monkeys were so inexpensive: they all died.

No apparent reason.

They all just sort of dropped dead.

Kind odd like when you buy a goldfish and it dies five hours later.

dadgum cheap monkeys.

I didn't know what to do. There were 200 dead monkeys lying all over my apartment. On the bed, in the dresser, hanging from my bookcase.

It looked like I had 200 throw rugs.

I tried to flush one down the toilet.

It didn't work. It got stuck.

Then I had one dead, wet monkey and 199 dead, dry monkeys.

I tried pretending that they were just stuffed animals.

That worked for a while.

That is until they began to decompose.

Then it started to smell real bad.

I had to pee but there was a dead monkey in the toilet and I didn't want to call the plumber.

I was embarrassed.

I tried to slow down the decomposition by freezing them.

Unfortunately, there was only enough room for two monkeys at a time, so I had to change them every 30 seconds.

I also had to eat all the food in the freezer so it didn't all go bad.

I tried burning them.

Little did I know my bed was flammable.

I had to extinguish the fire.

Then I had one dead, wet monkey in my toilet, two dead, frozen monkeys in my freezer, and 197 dead, charred monkeys in a pile on my bed.

The odor wasn't improving.

I became agitated at my inability to dispose of my monkeys or use the bathroom.

I severely beat one of my monkeys.

I felt better.

I tried throwing them way but the garbage man said that the city wasn't allowed to dispose of charred primates.

I told him that I had a wet one.

He couldn't take that one either.

I didn't bother asking about the frozen ones.

I finally arrived at a solution.

I gave them out as Christmas gifts.

My friends didn't know quite what to say.

They pretended that they like them but I could tell they were lying.

Ingrates.

So I punched them in the genitals.

I like monkeys.

I guess I'll have to put them in a cache.

Joel (joefrog)

Edited by Snoogans
It would intersting to see what members all time favorite threads are. It could be a thread that provides alot of useful information, or a thread that made you laugh. After searching the forums a little bit I came across this thread http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...topic=30938&hl= The thread provided me with entertainment and useful information. So what are some other great threads worth mentioning?

Any thread that donkey_side.gif upinyachit posted in is a funny thread. What a loser.

Hi duane!

It would intersting to see what members all time favorite threads are.  It could be a thread that provides alot of useful information, or a thread that made you laugh.    After searching the forums a little bit I came across this thread http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...topic=30938&hl= The thread provided me with entertainment and useful information.  So what are some other great threads worth mentioning?

Any thread that donkey_side.gif upinyachit posted in is a funny thread. What a loser.

Hi duane!

HUH? :o

I do not know who Geo_boy_2001 is but I have to say that his posts leave me laughing. He/she is quite ingenious in thinking up cache ideas, but has a tough time

1. working them out... as some are just simply.... way out there ?

2. trying to communicate what he is visualizing.

I read this post at work and was laughing so hard I was crying.

dblrng

link

enjoy...

Edited by dblrngr
I do not know who Geo_boy_2001 is but I have to say that his posts leave me laughing. He/she is quite ingenious in thinking up cache ideas, but has a tough time

1. working them out... as some are just simply.... way out there ?

2. trying to communicate what he is visualizing.

I read this post at work and was laughing so hard I was crying.

dblrng

link

enjoy...

Haha, "You should just quit school and become a stand up comedian!". :signalviolin: That was a funny read until it started getting turned into a hostile finger pointing match.

Here's another thread I enjoyed that had nothing negative about it. I liked the edited avatars.

Happy Holidays

It would intersting to see what members all time favorite threads are.  It could be a thread that provides alot of useful information, or a thread that made you laugh.    After searching the forums a little bit I came across this thread http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...topic=30938&hl= The thread provided me with entertainment and useful information.  So what are some other great threads worth mentioning?

Hi duane!

HUH? :signalviolin:

Ahhh its nice to see old "friends" stop by for a chat. I cant comment on how many people have been banned but Im willing to bet that it will be one more real soon.