Trouble Logging Indiana Geocoin

CanadaDry

I found a geocoin today in Vancouver, BC that doesn't seem to be activated. It is a "Hoosier Geocachers" coin of Narrows Bridge - 2005. Coordinates on it read N 39 deg. 53.458 W 087 deg. 11.176. When I entered the tracking number in the Travel Bugs Lookup it says that it does not exist in the system. Is there any way I can log this coin or find its owner?

Thanks,

CanadaDry

I found a geocoin today in Vancouver, BC that doesn't seem to be activated. It is a "Hoosier Geocachers" coin of Narrows Bridge - 2005. Coordinates on it read N 39 deg. 53.458 W 087 deg. 11.176. When I entered the tracking number in the Travel Bugs Lookup it says that it does not exist in the system. Is there any way I can log this coin or find its owner?

Thanks,

CanadaDry

The Indiana coins aren't trackable on geocaching.com. I'm not sure if they're trackable elsewhere.

Thanks for the quick reply Mauison. That's too bad that geocaching.com doesn't track the Indiana geocoins...does anybody know if they will be trackable in the future?

As TTI said in the previous post, it costs money. It also must be set up prior to the making of the coins so that the numbers are randomized and activation codes are assigned.

Unless there was a note with the coin telling you what to do with it, then it is yours to do with as you wish. Keep it, or put a note with it to get it to keep travelling (someone along the way will keep it even if you add the note).