250 Free Coins

Cach-U-Nuts

Oh Oh, problem.

I originally signed up on my laptop yesterday. Now when I tried to log in on my PC, it says password not correct, tried twice. I tried to then get it it by requesting with my email address and it says that email is already in use by another player, uh, yeah, that would be ME! :cool:

Email has been sent.

Q1 - If a virtual is placed in 2003, can it count for the 2003 cache placement since you didn't specify logbook cache only for that description write up?

Q2 - A 4-part multicache around a historic building has the 2nd stage at a statue of a confederate soldier. Can this count for the statue requirement?

I still need these questions answered. Thought maybe they were overlooked from page 4.

Q1 - If a virtual is placed in 2003, can it count for the 2003 cache placement since you didn't specify logbook cache only for that description write up?

Q2 - A 4-part multicache around a historic building has the 2nd stage at a statue of a confederate soldier. Can this count for the statue requirement?

Q1 - Aye Matey - go about yer plundering...

Q2 - Arrgggg....does a bear, ummm, I mean a pirate hang off the side of his ship.. :blink:

I still need these questions answered. Thought maybe they were overlooked from page 4.

Along the lines of the second question asked, I logged a cache for a view that was a multi. There were many many great views along the way including one at one of the stages. There was also a view by the final, but the final was actually down just a bit so that standing at the cache did not give the view. But 20 feet up was where it was seen from. I logged it and assumed it was ok. If not let me know so I can find a different one!

Along the lines of the second question asked, I logged a cache for a view that was a multi. There were many many great views along the way including one at one of the stages. There was also a view by the final, but the final was actually down just a bit so that standing at the cache did not give the view. But 20 feet up was where it was seen from. I logged it and assumed it was ok. If not let me know so I can find a different one!

Aye, tis nuther ez one.

If a bilge rat's tail were put in a lite socket, would it glow?

Aye, tis much easier to keep yer sheets taut than to snatch em down iffen there flappin up high in the wind.

P.S. I be fergettin to ask ya, wut in tarnation is that red thing under yer chin?

Edited by 3 Sheets 2 The Wind
Arrr!!!

What be the judgment for a landlubber logging a cache by a scurvy cacher with the moniker "LoneWolf64" and a picture of a wolf in his profile for the "DogCache" requirement?

Ahoy, swabbie.

The question be. . .

Is there a real dog involved?

I list to the portside and tend to say nay.

Ay. I yield, I should have realized if I must be asking, the answer be no.

Ahoy, Plan B!!!

Aye, tis nuther ez one.

Aye, tis much easier to keep yer sheets taut than to snatch em down iffen there flappin up high in the wind.

P.S. I be fergettin to ask ya, wut in tarnation is that red thing under yer chin?

Translation please?

I think that is the lead singer of the band the cranberries

Aye, tis nuther ez one.

Translation please?

I think that is the lead singer of the band the cranberries

Yes, it is the singer for the Cranberries. I assume, but don't really know for sure, that the red thing is a giant cranberry. It is an OT forum Cheers thread thing. Avatar change for a day while people there chime in on whether they like cranberries or not. I like this avatar much better than yesterday's chili debate avatar. :P

Anyway, I am translating it as a yes, since I figure a rat's tail would glow. But I don't speak pirate all that well. I guess I should start learning it! :blink:

Fun game BTW!!!!

Edited by carleenp
Do you have to get all puzzle pieces to finish? Is it a puzzle to figure out, and could take awhile? Which means I could lose my place?

Along this line of questions...

How will the map work? Lets say I have all my puzzle pieces Monday evening and I have the map puzzle solved. How do I know where to go to submit the answer? Will there be a link on my map page? Do I have to wait 24 hours to submit the answer after my last cache is logged or can you submit the answer right away?

I'm just looking for some guidance on how this process will work.

Do you have to get all puzzle pieces to finish? Is it a puzzle to figure out, and could take awhile? Which means I could lose my place?

Along this line of questions...

How will the map work? Lets say I have all my puzzle pieces Monday evening and I have the map puzzle solved. How do I know where to go to submit the answer? Will there be a link on my map page? Do I have to wait 24 hours to submit the answer after my last cache is logged or can you submit the answer right away?

I'm just looking for some guidance on how this process will work.

Ahh Hahh a bit of advance plannin ye be doin.

Well as ye may have noticed by now. . .

On yer details page thar be a gold icon fer yer trezur map. . .

Faster than a ninety pounder from my cannon . . .

When the map be complete. . .

A new icon thar will be . . . .

And no time delay . . . . .

So lay off the grog that nite . . . . .

And always remember . . . . . .

Edited by 3 Sheets 2 The Wind

I'm having great fun with this game so far!!

When looking over my previous entries I discovered that I have entered one that could have been used in two and I entered it in the wrong one. If I change the original entry to another one I have found and wait to relog the original one in the category I would like it to be in (of course waiting for my 24 hours to do that) would that be allowed? I guess what I'm asking is can an entry be completely changed by editing it after it has been submitted? I don't want to disqualify myself by doing that. Thanks

Another quick query - does a travelling GeoCoin count as a travel bug?

Cheers,

Bambi.

AHOY ALL ! ! ! ! ! !

A trackable geocoin certainly counts as a Travelin Bug . . . . .

However. . . . . .

A BIG catch thar be . . . . .

And this cud be a dilemna fer sum of you . . . .

You MUST leave the coin in the cache! ! ! !

Harr Dee Harr Harrrr

and always remember...

I guess what I'm asking is can an entry be completely changed by editing it after it has been submitted?  I don't want to disqualify myself by doing that. Thanks

Yes, I would like to know the same thing. Can you change an entry at a later date? I realized I should've used a different cache... :rolleyes:

AHOY Able body seamen . . .

Iffen ya do it rite the first time . . .

Well, nevermind. . .

No currently thar be no way to change the type . . .

But we kin make the change fer ya . . . .

Iffen you cud dispatch a message with the info . . .

and always remember

Cave question here:

The requirement mentions that "some kind of hole in the ground" would be acceptable. How about a lovely reclaimed quarry that is now a gorgeous, VERY deep lake? Would that be stretching the definition too far or not?

Btw, that event cache placed by Lux's dog is the funniest thing we've seen in a long time. Gotta admire that pup's ingenuity! :anibad:

Ahoy Matey

I tried to log one and it came up with an error and now it says I must wait 23 hours and 59 min

SOS SOS SOS

ARRGH ALAS and ALAK

Thar be nuther ugly bilge rat a showin his face . . . .

Yar, From one old sailor to nuther. . . .

Sorry bout that . . .

You are free to log away. . . .

when you are done we'll fix yer time accordingly

I can assure you of that

or my sheets be blowing free in the wind! ! ! !

No question is stupid right? :anibad: (well maybe a few) but being a newbie I just have to ask. How do I tell if a cache is owned or co-owned by a dog? If the profile gives a picture of a dog with the dog's name under it but no reference to their people, does that work?

Thanks for all your work put into this game. Everyone here in Michigan that I've talked to are having a great time playing it!

LadyBee4T

Another quick query - does a travelling GeoCoin count as a travel bug?

Cheers,

Bambi.

AHOY ALL ! ! ! ! ! !

A trackable geocoin certainly counts as a Travelin Bug . . . . .

However. . . . . .

A BIG catch thar be . . . . .

And this cud be a dilemna fer sum of you . . . .

You MUST leave the coin in the cache! ! ! !

No problem there - This particular coin belongs to domeone else!!! :anibad:

Bambi.

QUOTE (Lux @ Nov 18 2005, 11:01 AM)

Looking for an icon?

Check out Lux's Dog's Cach-u-Nuts Coin Quest River Dance Event 

Ok, Calling all cachers in Westland, Michigan area. Someone needs to have a event like this.

TeamMaddog--the rumor is is that you volunteered to host it!!! :anibad:

LadyBee4T

No question is stupid right? :anibad: (well maybe a few) but being a newbie I just have to ask. How do I tell if a cache is owned or co-owned by a dog? If the profile gives a picture of a dog with the dog's name under it but no reference to their people, does that work?

Thanks for all your work put into this game. Everyone here in Michigan that I've talked to are having a great time playing it!

LadyBee4T

Here is a cache put out byD-A-P

Dog-A-Potamus D-A-P's profile right here.

To bad it isn't near you!

QUOTE (Lux @ Nov 18 2005, 11:01 AM)

Looking for an icon?

Check out Lux's Dog's Cach-u-Nuts Coin Quest River Dance Event 

Ok, Calling all cachers in Westland, Michigan area. Someone needs to have a event like this.

TeamMaddog--the rumor is is that you volunteered to host it!!! :anitongue:

LadyBee4T

Rumor has it there will be a event in the area just after Thanksgiving and if not I think I will do it. A meet & Greet simple thing.

Another question about the dog requirement #16 from anewcomer to caching. I just found a cache called the BowWow Barber. It is located on the property of a dog groomer who also owns the business and property. The cache is a micro. Does this qualify? Or how about Dog Park Micro since it is located right next to something that all city dogs love? Thanks