250 Free Coins

Cach-U-Nuts

If you have decoded the phrase before getting the final piece, then it does only take a few seconds to type it in.  The final piece can just be icing on the cake if you have figured it out beforehand or it can be the piece that pushes you in the right direction.

I'm curious as to how you were able to decode the final phrase without the key(last piece)?

There were various hints along the way, both on the map and the rules, as well as here in this very thread.

It was definitely decoded by many people prior to the last piece appearing, which as was said, was just a confirmation. :(

I was at a very nice event today in NH and someone took this picture of all the Current Coin Quest winners that attended from NH and Massachusetts....now that there are 40 more winners coming...the picture is incomplete..that means the picture taker will be a winner too as well as the event holder!

293a698b-1537-4355-bc15-a70d52d0dffa.jpg

Edited by WeatherednBoston
I was at a very nice event today in NH and someone took this picture of all the Current Coin Quest winners that attended from NH and Massachusetts....now that there are 40 more winners coming...the picture is incomplete..that means the picture taker will be a winner too as well as the event holder!

Arrggggh - be a very fine bunch of winners - but we be wantin to know who's who...

If you have decoded the phrase before getting the final piece, then it does only take a few seconds to type it in.  The final piece can just be icing on the cake if you have figured it out beforehand or it can be the piece that pushes you in the right direction.

I'm curious as to how you were able to decode the final phrase without the key(last piece)?

By recreating every possible "last piece" one could come up with until one of them finally worked. That's what I did. And it was 2 hours before I logged #16 too.

It CAN be done. BUT, I would have saved myself HOURS of frustration and stress if I had just waited and solved after I logged #16. If you were on the right track coming into the last cache, it should only take a few minutes to solve once you get the 16th piece.

Edited by AtlantaGal
I'm a new cacher and not very good with names.  I can identify 5 of us...hopefully someone else can id the other lucky winner:)

Top Left is Derb522022

Top Middle is BigRock95

Top Right is Camaro_kidd

Bottom Left is Goldfinch593

Bottom Middle is me Weatherednboston

Bottom right is NH geobear

Pictured at top right is Camaro_kidd

It was a fun event and many thanks again for getting us all involved in the "Coin Quest" game! :(

293a698b-1537-4355-bc15-a70d52d0dffa.jpgmeandmydogs.jpg

Derb522002 (#147)-----------------------------BigRock95 (#223)----------------Camaro_Kidd (#168)----------meanmydogs (#252)

Goldfinch593 (#51)-------------------------WeatherednBoston (#224)--------------Geobear (#145)

A fine showing of Coin Quest winners from NH and MA!

Edited by Goldfinch593

For any who were interested, the Cache-U-Nuts were true to form to the end and offered a creative and wholly satisfying solution which pleased both my family and STBK's.

Once again, I would like to express my thanks and ever deepening appreciation for Craig and Georgia (and 3 sheets 2 the wind, wherever he got off to...) who personally embody the goodwill and kindness which the geocaching community as a whole has shown my family time and again.

Thanks!

That is possible using normal cipher skills.

I am just a lurker and don’t visit the coin forums very often but a fellow cacher mentioned this challenge and I have been hooked on watching ever since. Since I haven’t really been a coin collector (although I have been lucky enough just to “find” some in caches) I decided not to play but to be a “watcher”. I think the game was very well planned and thought out. A great game for those of you into coin collecting. It was great of cach-u-nuts to offer the coins for free and see how creative and industrious the cache seekers could be. Through many logs I have found numerous caches that I have added on my “hope to do list” and caches that I have already found. It was interesting to watch people search for elusive caves (some driving to a few states) and the hard to get first to finds. I enjoyed viewing the views along with the cachers in some of the graphic logs. I was also surprised to see what some would do be in the top 250. Logging your own caches that were placed a while back, swapping bogus FTF’s with family members, deleting previous cache logs of friends caches and logging them anew (it appears). There is even a cache that was logged as a cave where there is no cave just titled that way because of the hiding method and a view that is of nothing but back country roads. I guess those kinds of things are to be expected in any game but always sad to see. Aside from those few, this was great fun to watch, read and learn. Congratulations to cach-u-nuts for a great, clever and fun twist to geocaching and congratulations to all of you die hard geocaching coin collectors. Whether you earned a coin or not, it was fun watching your journey. I hope to see another spin off quest one day.

THANKS.... the coin #56 arrived in GERMANY

Glückwunsch! :lol:

We are still waiting for our #11... :rolleyes:

Glückwunsch an Manituela und Balla & Silly. Möglicherweise werde ich auf meine #213 noch etwas warten müssen?

Congratulations to Manituela and Balla & Silly. May be i have to wait for my #213 for some time?

Regards from Neu-Ulm, Germany

Sister-City of New-Ulm, Minnesota

Peter aka Schnuffel from Schnuffel & Spürnase

:anitongue: Hurray I made it. I don't know how long it will take for me to get my coin, but I completed the Quest tonight and am # 279. I almost had the answer before I completed the quest. I've done some reading of Pirate novels and just had to wait for the last piece to see if I was right. And low and behold I was almost on the money. Thanks to cachunuts and 3sheets2thewind for this game and giving me a chance to complete.
:anitongue: Hurray I made it. I don't know how long it will take for me to get my coin, but I completed the Quest tonight and am # 279. I almost had the answer before I completed the quest. I've done some reading of Pirate novels and just had to wait for the last piece to see if I was right. And low and behold I was almost on the money. Thanks to cachunuts and 3sheets2thewind for this game and giving me a chance to complete.

What coin? There was only 250 coins be handed out. Looks like you may have missed it by 29?

:anitongue: Hurray I made it. I don't know how long it will take for me to get my coin, but I completed the Quest tonight and am # 279. I almost had the answer before I completed the quest. I've done some reading of Pirate novels and just had to wait for the last piece to see if I was right. And low and behold I was almost on the money.  Thanks to cachunuts and 3sheets2thewind for this game and giving me a chance to complete.

What coin? There was only 250 coins be handed out. Looks like you may have missed it by 29?

Arrgggh where ya bin mate......

Happens to be that the crew found a second map in that skaliwag Maloney's pockets . . .

Leading to a stash of older and even more rare coins . . . .

But these coins be ruff and dull from the seawater . . .

And only 40 thar be so those that shud have gotten a coin . . .

From number 250 on to 290 will be gettin one of these newfound coins . . . .

By recreating every possible "last piece" one could come up with until one of them finally worked. That's what I did. And it was 2 hours before I logged #16 too.

It CAN be done. BUT, I would have saved myself HOURS of frustration and stress if I had just waited and solved after I logged #16. If you were on the right track coming into the last cache, it should only take a few minutes to solve once you get the 16th piece.

Yeah I didn't bother working on it until we had the final piece. It only took Nazgul and I a few minutes to get the answers while standing in a parking lot working with a palm and a sidekick :anitongue:

THANKS.... the coin #56 arrived in GERMANY

Glückwunsch! :)

We are still waiting for our #11... :lol:

Still no sign of our coin...we are starting to get a bit nervous now... :lol:

Hold your heads up Balla & Silly remember it's the holiday season and the busiest time of the year for the postal service, your coin will show!

You know those folks won't let ya down.

We are still waiting for our #11... :lol:

Still no sign of our coin...we are starting to get a bit nervous now... :o

Hold your heads up Balla & Silly remember it's the holiday season and the busiest time of the year for the postal service, your coin will show!

You know those folks won't let ya down.

Thank you, Pepper, you are right. We just got a mail of the skeleton crew that our coin returned because of an insufficient address. We don't know why but we are very happy that it didn't get lost! So it will be on its way again shortly and if we are lucky we might still get it before Christmas or at least between Christmas and New Year which would still be fine because it's my birthday on december 30. :lol:

Greetings, Balla & Silly

Edited by Balla & Silly

Arrrgghhhh matey...

We made 250 Antique Silver coins for the Coin Quest game. These were given out to the first 250 players who placed.

Because of the problems we had with our server and our provider - some players had a hard time logging their final requirements...which caused quite a stir at the end. In an effort to be fair and try to award those who were competing for a final spot we tried to figure out some way to be fair!!

We had an additional 40 coins that were 'mis-struck' that we didn't know what to do with...so we decided to offer these to the next 40 players.

So...in answer to your question...290 coins were awarded - We've didn't count the number of buttons awarded...but they were NOT numbered <_<

Stayed tuned for our next Quest....

Happy Holidays and may everyone's New Year be filled with exciting Adventure!!

The Caching Place Team B)

Edited by Cach-U-Nuts