250 Free Coins

Cach-U-Nuts

Cache_boppin_BunnyFuFu  Posted: Nov 28 2005, 04:19 AM

Boy.. this is getting too close. I still need an event, have everything else. Looks like a drive to East Central Iowa (5+ hrs) from North East Wisconsin is a must. This one will be tough. It's on a Tuesday evening from 7-8p and I gotta be back for work at 7am Wed.

Boy a 600+ mile round trip in one day to bag your event!!! My hats off to you. ;) I'm rooting for you to make it and back to work the next day without old man winter rising his ugly face. It's players like you and CraiginCT and all the others with those long trips that make me furious with the ones who have logged events and not attended. Well as has been said to me what comes around goes around.

I've had an absolute blast!!! I will be watching the leader board for you guys to bag that coin....

Cache_boppin_BunnyFuFu  Posted: Nov 28 2005, 04:19 AM

Boy.. this is getting too close. I still need an event, have everything else. Looks like a drive to East Central Iowa (5+ hrs) from North East Wisconsin is a must. This one will be tough. It's on a Tuesday evening from 7-8p and I gotta be back for work at 7am Wed.

Boy a 600+ mile round trip in one day to bag your event!!! My hats off to you. B) I'm rooting for you to make it and back to work the next day without old man winter rising his ugly face. It's players like you and CraiginCT and all the others with those long trips that make me furious with the ones who have logged events and not attended. Well as has been said to me what comes around goes around.

I've had an absolute blast!!! I will be watching the leader board for you guys to bag that coin....

Just might be quicker to make your own event ;)

Get a group of fellow cachers together and go out for coffee and fellowship.

It's players like you and CraiginCT and all the others with those long trips that make me furious with the ones who have logged events and not attended. Well as has been said to me what comes around goes around.

Craig left the event in Philly about an hour ago. Nice meeting him. I'm glad the game gave him a reason to show up to my event. I believe that one other person was there because of the game also.

The problem with setting up your own event I thought was the timing involved in that it took 2 weeks or there abouts for an event to be approved. But I may be wrong on that. You need it set up through gc.com with a waypoint to log it into coin quest. It's worth a try though. It looks like the middle of next week when all the coins will be won......

Sigh, two hours into what will be FOUR DAYS of no logs from me while I wait for the only event within hundreds of miles to happen...... whimper..... whine.... ;)

I'm hoping the weather isn't as bad as it sounds this weekend. I am driving the other side of Cleveland for an event from PA. Oh well, I'll get to meet some cachers that I probably wouldn't have met otherwise! We''l probably hole up for the night and return home Sunday. all this for a coin?????

Edited by DancesWithMoose
The problem with setting up your own event I thought was the timing involved in that it took 2 weeks or there abouts for an event to be approved. But I may be wrong on that. You need it set up through gc.com with a waypoint to log it into coin quest. It's worth a try though. It looks like the middle of next week when all the coins will be won......

I got lucky... I have an irregular reoccurring event so I just reactivated it for this event. It worked out perfectly. We got our usual 10+ attendees and everyone had a good time!

I got #75! This has been a GREAT game! I've only been Geocaching for a couple weeks and I've had a blast! What a way to start out a new hobby! I sure hope there are more games to come. I went after some caches I probably wouldn't have yet, met some great people at a local event, and generally had a great time. For the game organizers, THANK YOU!!! It's been a great ride and I'll deffinately be playing the next game.

Great little puzzle at the end too. It had me looking in the wrong place for the answer for a few minutes. Once I realized that, it was smooth sailing. If anyone is thinking of cheating and asking people about the puzzle, don't. It's not that hard and you will be robbing yourself of half the fun!

I got #75! This has been a GREAT game! I've only been Geocaching for a couple weeks and I've had a blast! What a way to start out a new hobby!

Welcome to geocaching Travis. You picked a great way to get introduced to our addiction. Nice to see more Hams geocaching. ;)

73, Marky KI7AZF

Congratulations on finishing and bagging that coin that you've been waiting for!! My hat's off to you Craig...see my above post. I only went about 220 miles but a friend of mine is probably going about 450 miles this weekend for his.

A fellow player, known to Sinbad also, "Miles Stone" is driving to PA Saturday to get his event and complete it.

I figure I spent $75+ to complete the quest. The things we do for an $11 coin.

We got #79, following a massive jump from being placed #102 yesterday. My commiserations to all those we leap-frogged last night B) we just got lucky with the event (the FTF was a bit more tricky though as we had a couple of goes at that one...)

Thanks for all the fun Cache-U-Nuts/3 Sheets - looking forward to the next one... B)

Bambi.

(Now, where's that Coin Quest withdrawal club! :huh: )

A big THANK YOU to all those involved in creating and running this quest. We had a good time completing this quest. There are a whole lot of questers(?) waiting for an event, we jumped from 124 to get coin #88.

Looks like it will be a big race to the finish when the events occur, I'm glad we took our close to 400mile (round trip) trip to Eau Claire WI to attend the event there on the 19th. That also got us our Cave, Micro, and Dog caches that day after the event. Looks like we were also part of getting another WI player into the game from that event. Go Yuppers!!! Special thanks to BNB, White Pine, and Zuma! for bringing us along to Jesus' Tomb (our cave cache entry)

I would like to see a summary of states/countries/provinces/etc of the players. Both the winners as well as all those who didn't make it all the way in time. Looks like there should be at least 4 Wisconsin players getting coins.

Mike

Not So Lost Puppies

Looks like it will be a big race to the finish when the events occur, I'm glad we took our close to 400mile (round trip) trip to Eau Claire WI to attend the event there on the 19th. That also got us our Cave, Micro, and Dog caches that day after the event. Looks like we were also part of getting another WI player into the game from that event. Go Yuppers!!! Special thanks to BNB, White Pine, and Zuma! for bringing us along to Jesus' Tomb (our cave cache entry)

What about us? We told you about the event in the first place!

Just kidding. It wasn't as much work as going out to that cache with you. Congrats on getting your coin! See you at the next event. :P

To Cach-U-Nuts and 3 Sheets and the skeleton crew - a big hug and thanks!!!!! We had a lot of fun and really enjoyed the pirate talk too. Hope you are similarly inspired for another game in the future.

I am getting the same errors. I am hoping that by emailing the log, they will be able to place the log in the time the email was sent so we can mantain our position.

Sorry for the problems guys, guess too many folks are logging in. Please email us and we will make sure to reset your time....we must receive an email from you at: games@thecachingplace.com

Thanks for your patience and understanding!!

Okay folks, looks like we're still having some server problems :ph34r: We are in the process of trying to work it out...guess there is just to much ACTION for our little ole server to handle.

Once the server is up and running and you are able to get in go ahead and make your log - we will then go in and adjust the time to whatever your prior log time was. Please email us once you've made your log :D

Remember....it doesn't do any good to sit and hit refresh every few minutes, your best bet is to go out caching or shopping or whatever you have planned for the day, check in when you return and hopefully we'll have it back up. The amount of traffic hitting it all at the same time is really creating an issue - we really didn't expect this kind of response... so please bear with us here, we're trying our best to resume the game!!

I guess now that we have so many 'Quest' addicts we better be investing in a new server before we release our next game eh?

Thanks everyone for your support and understanding! We'll keep working on a solution and in the meantime.....go out caching!!

Edited by Cach-U-Nuts

Well, it took me over three hours of firing broadsides at the site today before I was able to board her and plunder the dubloons today, but server troubles aside the game was really wonderful. I'm prone to setting odd caching goals for myself anyway so these challenges were perfect for me. Thanks so much for putting the whole thing together, your hard work is very much appreciated!!!!

Okay folks, looks like we're still having some server problems  :lol:
Ahoy Mateys! The Captn's done gone and made that blidge rat of a server walk the plank. It made a right fine splash as it sank down to Davy Jones' locker.

You's be pointin yur favorites and bookmarks to:

{links removed by moderator; the game's over.}

The Captn he bees aplogizin for that blige rat, it be darn hard begger to catch. If'n you's had problems with a time or somthin, emails the skeleton crew.

Edited by Keystone

ARRRGHH! Mateys . . . . .

All Hands On Deck . . . .

Be ye hereby notified . . . .

Thar be a bit of confusion about placement numbers . . . .

With all the changin around of times . . . .

Due to factors beyond our control . . . .

The final coin numbers are subject to change . . . .

As we str8en things out . . . .

So don't be a countin yer chickens . . .

b4 they git to hatchin . . . .

3sheets.gif and Always Be Rememberin . . . .

Having trouble discovering what kind of code that is on the left and right hand sides of the map...the squares and the < symbols. After searching for days I feel like a complete idiot. After 11 hours today of googling I give up and beg for help. The stress of this is quite horrible. Is it suppost to be this hard? Any help would be appreciated.

Ok help has been given...ty very much but I still feel like a kindergardner in a class room full of advanced physics majors lol

Edited by WeatherednBoston
Having trouble discovering what kind of code that is on the left and right hand sides of the map...the squares and the < symbols.  After searching for days I feel like a complete idiot.  After 11 hours today of googling I give up and beg for help.  The stress of this is quite horrible.  Is it suppost to be this hard?  Any help would be appreciated.

Ok help has been given...ty very much but I still feel like a kindergardner in a class room full of advanced physics majors lol

Yarrrrrr ! ! ! ! ! !

Tis a hint this be . . . .

Don't ever let yer ship . . . .

A Pig Pen become . . .

And while yer thinkin bout that . . . .

A new chapter in the story has been found . . . .

You kin read about it here . . . . .

We've Only Just Begun by Cach-U-Nuts, Hawaii Monkey Boy and Tekka

ARRRGHH! Mateys . . . . .

All Hands On Deck . . . .

Be ye hereby notified . . . .

Thar be a bit of confusion about placement numbers . . . .

With all the changin around of times . . . .

Due to factors beyond our control . . . .

The final coin numbers are subject to change . . . .

As we str8en things out . . . .

So don't be a countin yer chickens . . .

b4 they git to hatchin . . . .

YYYEEEEHHHHAAAAWWWW!!! That means I still stand a chance at getting number one :laughing::anitongue: ! What great news!!!!

I had a little trouble when I logged my last one so if it said I didn't see it. Does anyone know when we should get our coins? I'm hoping that it's before Christmas so I can show it to my parents (they live in Houston and I'm in Little Rock) who went on a couple of the hunts with us.

I had a little trouble when I logged my last one so if it said I didn't see it. Does anyone know when we should get our coins? I'm hoping that it's before Christmas so I can show it to my parents (they live in Houston and I'm in Little Rock) who went on a couple of the hunts with us.

Yarrr ye deck swabbin limeys!

Preparin to mail we are . . . .

However thar be a concern . . .

That the postman won't know ya by yer playing name . . .

A new field thar be in the database . . .

So please edit your profile and give us yer mailin name . . .

And we'll be getting the coins out strait away . . . .

Having trouble discovering what kind of code that is on the left and right hand sides of the map...the squares and the < symbols. After searching for days I feel like a complete idiot. After 11 hours today of googling I give up and beg for help. The stress of this is quite horrible. Is it suppost to be this hard? Any help would be appreciated.

Don't feel bad. I stared at those stupid symbols and pondered the meaning of the morse code for two days. When I finally learned the secret I felt like jumping out of a palm tree!!