250 Free Coins

Cach-U-Nuts

Yeah well it's been a loooong time since my husband the SuperGenius actually helped me with a puzzle and wow that nice we spent ALL day together working on it. Normally he's home and I'm out caching.

teammaddog I expect to hear you howling all the way down here in TX when you log.

thanks AG ;)

Pepper

Yeah well it's been a loooong time since my husband the SuperGenius actually helped me with a puzzle and wow that nice we spent ALL day together working on it. Normally he's home and I'm out caching.

teammaddog I expect to hear you howling all the way down here in TX when you log.

thanks AG ;)

Pepper

aaawwooooooooo

Yeah well it's been a loooong time since my husband the SuperGenius actually helped me with a puzzle and wow that nice we spent ALL day together working on it.  Normally he's home and I'm out caching.

thanks AG ;)

Pepper

aaawwooooooooo

thanks tmd I heard it loud and clear!

pep

i don't but what cha gonna do AG to stay at the # 7 spot?

Whatever I have to. I only want #7.

You seriously mean to say that you wouldn't LOG for your 16th piece if you can't have #7 :ninja:

Sort of... I'd log my 16th piece, but would have waited to put in my puzzle answer until someone else did. But Darby came through in the nick of time so I didn't have to wait it out in the end :ninja:

i don't but what cha gonna do AG to stay at the # 7 spot?

Whatever I have to. I only want #7.

You seriously mean to say that you wouldn't LOG for your 16th piece if you can't have #7 :ninja:

Sort of... I'd log my 16th piece, but would have waited to put in my puzzle answer until someone else did. But Darby came through in the nick of time so I didn't have to wait it out in the end :ninja:

So what's the story on why #7 is important to you? Just curious?

Ahhh, the relief! I was stressing out big time tonight over the last puzzle. I had horrible visions of looking like a prime doofus in front of a big audience. I've been watching and reading this thread all evening and even resorted to e-mailing a couple of folks for help. No one gave away the answer, but they reassured me that we were on the right track.

Now what will I do every night at 10:14 pm EST? :ninja:

Mrs. Car54

So the booty is being claimed eh?

I figure the earliest that it is all handed out is 2pm (eastern) Dec 6th.

I said EARLIEST!!! There may be a few left after that.

I'm driving 200 miles to get to an event to log for the last piece of the map, in Dec 1st. I hear they have cheesesteak in that port.

I'll need the extra time to decode it - this pirate's not the sharpest blade on the ship.

AG - Congratulations on getting the coin you wanted... I've got to wait another 24 hours before a can get mine....

Hurry up slowpoke :ninja: Thanks for the congrats!

Car54, it's nothing really. Just my lucky number, favorite number, etc. I started to think a few months ago it would be neat to have all the numbered coins in my collection be #7. I don't have all, but I do have a lot thanks to folks I trade indulging me from time to time :ninja:

I'm driving 200 miles to get to an event to log for the last piece of the map, in Dec 1st. I hear they have cheesesteak in that port.

Assuming you mean my event in Philadelphia, you'll be the 4th person attending just to be able to log an event. And at least 3 will be done logging with the event! Sorry, I couldn't schedule it any sooner! :ninja:

AG - Congratulations on getting the coin you wanted... I've got to wait another 24 hours  before a can get mine....

At least I did the final puzzle this afternoon... so it should be quick when I reach my alloted time....

Congrats AG and Fotomom

I still have to wait a week just so I can do the event.

I'm driving 200 miles to get to an event to log for the last piece of the map, in Dec 1st.  I hear they have cheesesteak in that port.

Assuming you mean my event in Philadelphia, you'll be the 4th person attending just to be able to log an event. And at least 3 will be done logging with the event!

Yes I am talking about your event - but I may save my appetite for a cheesesteak comparison at Geno's and (vs) Pat's. This will be my 16th piece and wil (hopefully) finish this fun adventure that night. So I am the 5th to say I'm attending for the coin quest and 4th to be getting his last peice of the map. I plan on hitting up a few virtuals in town and some with logs - and a bunch on my way down and back.

AG - Congratulations on getting the coin you wanted... I've got to wait another 24 hours  before a can get mine....

At least I did the final puzzle this afternoon... so it should be quick when I reach my alloted time....

That was tough to solve too! My head still hurts, lol!

On the event, I had attended one a few days before the quest. My regular event isn't until 12/10! Luckily there was another event I could attend. 4 other coin questers joined me in attendance for that one too!

My problem wasn't the types of caches because Atlanta has a nice cache density. My problem was that I have found so many caches that I had to leave the state for over half of them! I had found most of the caches here that met the requirements. New placements were the only exceptions. I never thought I'd say that sometimes "the numbers" are not such a great thing :ninja: :ninja:

Boy.. this is getting too close. I still need an event, have everything else. Looks like a drive to East Central Iowa (5+ hrs) from North East Wisconsin is a must. This one will be tough. It's on a Tuesday evening from 7-8p and I gotta be back for work at 7am Wed.

Am I NUTZ or what??!!!

Otherwise.. got the 1st phrase and the sides figured out.

Can I REALLY figure out the final?? :ninja:

me_ta_07.gifYippeah! Just invented a new dance this morning! :ninja::ninja::ninja:

Boah, that was getting pretty heavy near the end. For us the 16 caches weren't easy either and we drove hundreds and hundreds of miles the last two weekends to get them all together. But the hardest day and night was yesterday when the map was nearly complete and we thought we won't be able to find the solution. That was close to torture, I was googling and thinking and looking and typing and my head was spinning around the more I was trying...icon8.gif

But it was a good preparation and when we got the last bit of the map this morning the rest was solved within minutes. So don't worry, Bunny FuFu and DresselDragons, we are sure you will get it at the end as well.

Congratulations to all coin winners in front of us and still to come, especially to the first ones at the top who went their way through to be and stay at the top places all the time, respect.

We will love to follow the movements on the leaderboard and on the coinlist until the end of this game, well relaxed now. :ninja:

So thanks again to the game crew for this marvellous entertainment and all the luck and best wishes to everyone who's still playing!

Balla & Silly

Edited by Balla & Silly
Congrats Car54!!

Thank you! Best of luck to you tonight! I'm assuming you've got your last cache ready to log. We're rooting for you and the rest of the Indiana cachers still in the running.

It sure is neat to see this game bringing so many cachers from around the world together. Way to go, Balla & Silly - we had some puzzle stress, too, and we're glad you got it all worked out.

Does anybody know where we can go to deal with our Coin Quest withdrawal? :ninja: Oh yeah, I guess I'd better get busy with my holiday shopping, decorating, etc. :ninja:

Mrs. Car54

We had the good fortune to attend an event on 11/12. Got about half the required caches that day too. A triple digit, which I could see being tough, a FTF (two actually), a cache placed in 2003, which would have been tough & a virtual. But it was long enough drive to the event that there were some old guys around that we hadn't already found. I will say finding that one was pure dumb luck, as I didn't know about the coinquest that day, or that I should be looking for a 2003 cache. Oddly, the hardest one for me was statue. Drove down into urban Tampa for that one. Then placed a statue cache near me for other folks who might need one. Not too many in rural areas.

I've enjoyed the heck out of it, thank you Cach-U-Nuts.

We had the good fortune to attend an event on 11/12. Got about half the required caches that day too. A triple digit, I've enjoyed the heck out of it, thank you Cach-U-Nuts.

Aye Matey's ! ! ! !

Tis True, we be having fun too . . . .

Just watching the new posts . . .

And readin all the fabulous stories . . . .

3sheets.gif and Always Be Rememberin . . . .

Edited by 3 Sheets 2 The Wind
It sure is neat to see this game bringing so many cachers from around the world together.  Way to go, Balla & Silly - we had some puzzle stress, too, and we're glad you got it all worked out.

Mrs. Car54

Thank you very much, Mrs. Car54, our biggest fear near the end was also to fail because of language problems. When it comes to word games or anything like that we notice our limit with the knowledge of the English language. Fortunately the difficulty at the end wasn't any language barrier.

And we also think it's great that this game is like a very big international mega-multi-cache for all cachers around the world. We are fascinated by all the different countries shown up on the Leader Board. I was even showing that list at work last week and my collegues were quite surprised that we joined such an international game and asked every day how we were doing. And today they were gratulating when I arrived a bit late but told them we got through. Great feeling! :ninja:

ARRRGH ! ! !

The scurvy skeleton crew . . . . ssc.gif

Has asked me to clarify the rules about event caches . . . .

Make sure to be seen by somebody so if yer attendance is in question . . . .

Witnesses you will have . . . .

As fer claiming events that have not yet transpired . . . .

This be against the pirate code . . . .

Don't be loggin the event until yuv actually attended it . . . .

3sheets.gif and Always Be Rememberin . . . .

Need clarification on cache type #3

3) GRAVEYARD CACHE

Find a cache that mentions a cemetary or is in or near a graveyard. The cache must contain a logbook that you can sign and date. As long as you can see a cemetary from the cache location it can count.

I'm going by the last sentence in the description. Correct me if I am wrong, but this means you must be able to see the cemetery from the found cache location, and in the case of a multi-cache from the location of the final and not one of the stages?

It's really a shame that some cachers are free loaders. I loved the game and let me tell ya, most of the caches I've done in the pase 16 days I would of not done. Especially the event cache 4 hours away from my house. Thanks for the game can't wait for you to do another one. ...

I hear ya loud and clear. I would not have finished todays cave cache. I have a bad leg - no a wooden leg AAARRRRGGHHHH! (cough cough). This cache had me climbing up and over a rock ledge. But there's a $10 coin on the line.

Oh yeah - not to menction my upcoming 374 mile round trip for an event to for my 16th piece. (well I hope to grab 30+ other caches over the two day trip).

If I don't solve the puzzle - oh well - this has been a fun hunt.

Call me Grog!

It's really a shame that some cachers are free loaders. I loved the game and let me tell ya, most of the caches I've done in the pase 16 days I would of not done. Especially the  event cache 4 hours away from my house. Thanks for the game can't wait for you to do another one. ...

I gotta agree here. Even though I freeloaded a little of TMD with a hint on part of the puzzle. Going to the caches has been amazing for me. It took a lot of searching to find some. I had a BLAST making and editing my bookmark list for the event. I would have never visited my "3 same digits" find and it was cool. My "River" cache I might have eventually got to, but it was a great adventure I had. And the cave cache was one our favorites to date!

Best of all I got to place my first cache!!

One more to go, I left the one of the closest for my last find. Going for it on Wednesday afternoon and will log it on Wednesday night. My last day of consecutive logging.

Now, just two more decoding steps to go...I think (hope)

Edited by Teamhawaii1981 & blueicyrose
It's really a shame that some cachers are free loaders.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Care to explain?

My guess is people who aren't actually doing parts or not following the rules...

Example, personally, I don't consider a storm drain a 'cave' but I know it's been logged as such. Its been accepted to I guess it's ok. I'm guessing there are other things like that that others see and feel the same way about.

My guess is people who aren't actually doing parts or not following the rules...

Example, personally, I don't consider a storm drain a 'cave' but I know it's been logged as such. Its been accepted to I guess it's ok. I'm guessing there are other things like that that others see and feel the same way about.

Oh alright. I follow now.

Well I asked about a few cache qualifications before I went to find them. So when the Cache U Nuts said "no" to pedestrian tunnels, I drove to TN to get a bona fida cave. But I have seen some pedestrian tunnels logged as the cave requirement so I understand what you're saying. I just didn't want to be disqualified in the end because I misunderstood something. I put a lot of time and effort into this. So I always asked ahead of time.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Just logged number 15 and now I gotta wait 5 more days :D to log my last and final requirement, the event cache.

The way I figure, I should still get a coin, I'm currently number 60 on the leader board.

Number 162 is the first to only have 10 of the requirments logged which means that they need at least 6 more days to log all requirments. :P

well, I have no problem with helping people or hints of any kind. My problem is when people log that they went to an event and I know for sure they were never there and people logging an event before it even happens.