250 Free Coins

Cach-U-Nuts

I went looking for a cache on the 18th it would have been for the Placed before 03. However when I got there the cache was missing or destroyed by fire. I asked the cache owner and they said it was missing. Would this be a find. I would say no since I did not sign a log book. But I had to ask.

Richard

We think not, there was nothing to find...and you found nothing

We do hope you're having fun playing!

Thanks

Okay, a couple of questions, hopefully not already asked and answered:

1- While out trying to get an FTF for one of the goals, I ran into a fellow cacher, and we searched together. Now, logging Co-FTF's isn't uncommon, but, the cacher I was with is also part of the Quest, and we both want to log it as our FTF requirement. Any problems there?

2- I didn't click on the links of all the goals we have, so I assumed that when I moved a TB, it was going to ask me for the TB name and number. When I went to log that requirment last night, the info I was asked for was the cache name and GC number. Since the cache I moved the bug to was the cache I used for my scenic requirement, can I enter those numbers again? I grabbed the bugs elsewhere, so the move was really independent of finding that cache.

I went looking for a cache on the 18th it would have been for the Placed before 03. However when I got there the cache was missing or destroyed by fire. I asked the cache owner and they said it was missing. Would this be a find. I would say no since I did not sign a log book. But I had to ask.

Richard

We think not, there was nothing to find...and you found nothing

We do hope you're having fun playing!

Thanks

But there was something to find and I should have found it if the Fire did not distroy the area. :-) :anitongue:

Edited by GeoCrickets

Richard

Rich, it's find a cache placed IN 2003 not before.

Anyway, I found one of these tonight also, and the final cache was missing. But in my case the cache owner said I could log it and appologised for not checking on it sooner with all the DNFs. It's just a hard cache anyway and even when it was in place, it always had a lot of DNFs. So he said he didn't think anything of it.

Anyway, since he said I could log it as a find, can it count for my 2003 cache or not? I logged it as a note for now, but will change to a smiley if it can be used in the Quest.

Okay, a couple of questions, hopefully not already asked and answered:

1- While out trying to get an FTF for one of the goals, I ran into a fellow cacher, and we searched together. Now, logging Co-FTF's isn't uncommon, but, the cacher I was with is also part of the Quest, and we both want to log it as our FTF requirement. Any problems there?

2- I didn't click on the links of all the goals we have, so I assumed that when I moved a TB, it was going to ask me for the TB name and number. When I went to log that requirment last night, the info I was asked for was the cache name and GC number. Since the cache I moved the bug to was the cache I used for my scenic requirement, can I enter those numbers again? I grabbed the bugs elsewhere, so the move was really independent of finding that cache.

thanks fer asking..don't think you'll like me answers...

1 - have already told folks NO on this issue..two players cannot both log FTF's

2 - each cache can only be used once as a requirement...move the little varmint to a different cache...not used as a requirement..

In the end each player should have 16 distint caches.

Have fun!

Anyway, I found one of these tonight also, and the final cache was missing. But in my case the cache owner said I could log it and appologised for not checking on it sooner with all the DNFs. It's just a hard cache anyway and even when it was in place, it always had a lot of DNFs. So he said he didn't think anything of it.

Anyway, since he said I could log it as a find, can it count for my 2003 cache or not?  I logged it as a note for now, but will change to a smiley if it can be used in the Quest.

He may let you claim a find but to get your map piece it is necessary to find a container and sign a logbook.

Be Ye Hereby Warned, The Scurvy Skeleton Is Out Tonite! ! !

Anyway, since he said I could log it as a find, can it count for my 2003 cache or not?  I logged it as a note for now, but will change to a smiley if it can be used in the Quest.

He may let you claim a find but to get your map piece it is necessary to find a container and sign a logbook.

Be Ye Hereby Warned, The Scurvy Skeleton Is Out Tonite! ! !

Fair enough. Just thought I'd ask cause it's a much "better" cache than the 2003 virtual I have in a holding pattern to log (you already said yes to that one earlier in this thread somewhere)

Who knows, perhaps TN on Monday will give me a better one for that requirement.

Edited by AtlantaGal

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

DREADFULL BE THE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me hates to informs you that some selfish scurulous scum eating malodorous filthy pack of pirate thieves have . . . . . .

. . . . . . seacaptainmugshot.gif

. . . . . driven me downtown and taken me picture.

They must be thinkin Im sumbudy famous. . . . .

Anyway. . . . back on task.

Sorry, pepper a nasty habit it is. . .

Arrgh! A problem thar be nuntheless. . . .

Thar be so many pirate logs . . . . .

Tis hard to see but hours few . . . .

On the page of recent yarn spinnin . . . .

100 seemeth not to do the trick . . . .

200 it is hereby set . . . .

Let us know if your pageloadin is no longer slick . . . .

and always be to rememberin

Edited by 3 Sheets 2 The Wind
I'm having great fun with this game so far!!

When looking over my previous entries I discovered that I have entered one that could have been used in two and I entered it in the wrong one. If I change the original entry to another one I have found and wait to relog the original one in the category I would like it to be in (of course waiting for my 24 hours to do that) would that be allowed? I guess what I'm asking is can an entry be completely changed by editing it after it has been submitted? I don't want to disqualify myself by doing that. Thanks

You can only use a cache in one category. Otherwise, a lot of us would have our coins in our hands by now. :lol:

I have to say that I'm having a blast doing the coin quest, and that there's nothing like being addicted to geocaching...

ERM... You think there's help for me? I was out at 11 pm - 1 AM yesterday morning just to get a FTF cache. Note that I took a spotlight, my GPS, and my car.. then proceeded to be hunting in an industrial park (open fields near there) right under the landing area of the International Airport in the dark.. Humm.. Gee... COULD I BE ANY MORE SUSPICIOUS?!?

Note that I left the dog at home thinking If he was with me, he would draw attention... (Ya right.. like me with a spotlight wasn't doing enough of that myself!?!)

:lol: Oh the things we do for a geocache!

;) Oh the things we do for a geocache!

Yess, we're back from our weekend trip and beside visiting family and joining a great event (hurray! :) ) we were just trying to find some of the required caches. Instead of going for a relaxing easy-to-get series with many caches which wouldn't require this game we spent nearly 2 hours on one of the best caches for children we have seen so far. At several stations through a big forest you had to do some tasks which were perfectly made for kids. And we both, being around 50 (one over, one under), had a lot of fun and felt like kids again ourselves on this tour. Okay, it would have been a bit difficult to explain to our bosses if they would have cought us at some of the stations - but just thinking of it makes us giggle again. ;)

Finding some of the other caches was sometimes very difficult (still not all done yet) but once we did one of the difficult ones we said "Gimme 5!" and grinned as if we just swallowed saucers. We hope this game will never end but we know already that we will also enjoy a little rest of all the "stress" afterwards... :(

Thanks again for all the fun we are having!

Balla & Silly

I have tried to keep up with all the FAQ's so I won't repeat a question. I couldn't remember anything so here it goes.

When you have an event submitted and approved, do you have to wait until the date of the event to log the cache?

Arrg...Us Canadian Pirates are starting to get chilled to them bones. Thar winter winds are a starting to blow matey. Must complete the Quest before thy ship freezes in the waters.

Having tons of fun with this Quest. Thanks for all the work that went into this.

Falling_from_tree.gif

Edited by 3 Bubbas
I have tried to keep up with all the FAQ's so I won't repeat a question.  I couldn't remember anything so here it goes.

When you have an event submitted and approved, do you have to wait until the date of the event to log the cache? 

Arrg...Us Canadian Pirates are starting to get chilled to them bones.  Thar winter winds are a starting to blow matey.  Must complete the Quest before thy ship freezes in the waters.

Having tons of fun with this Quest.  Thanks for all the work that went into this.

Falling_from_tree.gif

QUOTE (Car54 @ Nov 15 2005, 10:45 AM)

If I am going to count hosting an event as our "placing a cache" requirement, do I have to wait until the day it takes place to count it or is that just for attending?  As a point of reference, our event is planned for Jan. 28. 

Well, let's think about it a bit. . . . .

Ok, if the event is listed on geocaching then you can count it as a cache placed since we said place any kind of cache.

This is what the pirates told me when I asked that question (I believe it's on page 3).

HTH,

Mrs. Car54

Edited by Car54
QUOTE (3 Bubbas @ Nov 20 2005, 09:35 PM)

I have tried to keep up with all the FAQ's so I won't repeat a question.  I couldn't remember anything so here it goes.

Arrg...Us Canadian Pirates are starting to get chilled to them bones.  Thar winter winds are a starting to blow matey.  Must complete the Quest before thy ship freezes in the waters.

Having tons of fun with this Quest.  Thanks for all the work that went into this.

QUOTE (Car54 @ Nov 15 2005, 10:45 AM)

If I am going to count hosting an event as our "placing a cache" requirement, do I have to wait until the day it takes place to count it or is that just for attending?  As a point of reference, our event is planned for Jan. 28. 

Well, let's think about it a bit. . . . .

Ok, if the event is listed on geocaching then you can count it as a cache placed since we said place any kind of cache.

I am looking to use it as #15 - Attend an event. As the host, I was wondering if I could log this early instead of on the day of the event.

Arrg....So many questions...not enough time looking for treasure...

The Games Objective:

Decode a phrase hidden in a Treasure Map, this phrase will reveal the location of our hidden Treasure Chest of coins! You will need to complete 16 caching requirements in order to complete your map. Each requirement logged will earn you one piece of the map

Arrg...They are talking about this mates. Those blimeys have thrown a puzzle at us. It works the grey matter between those ears.

The Games Objective:

Decode a phrase hidden in a Treasure Map, this phrase will reveal the location of our hidden Treasure Chest of coins! You will need to complete 16 caching requirements in order to complete your map. Each requirement logged will earn you one piece of the map

Arrg...They are talking about this mates. Those blimeys have thrown a puzzle at us. It works the grey matter between those ears.

I could tell there was some sort of another puzzle there. But I was referring to the red herring, I can not see it. Is each treasure map different in some way but they all say the same thing at the end? Or are they all different on pupose so we can't help each other in figuring it out?<hope your following me>

{I have probably not read everything that is needed to know, but enough that I know how to play}

Quite hilarious reading through this forum. I've got one small question that I haven't seen addressed but that may be because I've been laughing so hard and spitting beer all over my laptop.

Can I log a webcam as a virt or does it have to be a pure Ghostie Virtual?

Thanks for getting me out of the coin forums and out caching again. I've spent the last two days hiking for caches for this challenge which is cool even if I don't get a coin.

Ladycacher, I too was wondering if everyone's map was unique. But I have been "working" on my map as I log a cache each night. If I want to make sure to keep #7 (which is the only numbered coin I want, btw <_< ) I have a 20 minute window from the time I log my 16th cache till the time I submit my answer(s) to keep it.

Of course that's also saying the 6 cachers ahead of me can easily solve their maps after they submit their 16th cache, and also saying I can keep up with my current log time.

I have 4 more of the required caches to find and I'm heading to Tennessee today to cache for 3 of those in a rain storm. I think I have offically lost my mind at this point <_<:blink:

Look at your map...even if it is not complete, there is a message to be found...

How many pieces do you have to get in order to start seeing this "Red Herring"? So is it possible to solve the mystery before actually getting all 16 pieces? Do we have to solve the second mystery or is the objective to only get all 16 pieces?

I say we overtake the Captain and throw him off the plank before he changes how the game is played <_< !! Who is to say that the captain is actually going to hand over the loot once the treasure map is completed <_< ?

I have code coming in on the left and right sides of my map and my map has to have all 16 pieces in order to have all the code showing. And I don't know if mine has a red herring or not.

From what was told to us earlier in this thread, you won't get the special icon/link to submit your answer(s) until all 16 caches have been logged. So the answer would be YES, you DO have to find all 16 caches before you can claim a coin, even if you know the answer(s) ahead of time.

And as I understand it, you do have to solve the map's puzzle in order to claim a coin.

Edited by AtlantaGal
I have code coming in on the left and right sides of my map and my map has to have all 16 pieces in order to have all the code showing. And I don't know if mine has a red herring or not.

From what was told to us earlier in this thread, you won't get the special icon/link to submit your answer(s) until all 16 caches have been logged. So the answer would be YES, you DO have to find all 16 caches before you can claim a coin, even if you know the answer(s) ahead of time.

And as I understand it, you do have to solve the map's puzzle in order to claim a coin.

Arrrgh!!!!

The lady from Georgia has well spoken, mateys. . . . . .

Tis true thar be more than one code to be found . . . .

But which one leads to the trezur . . . .

That be the question. . . .

Red herring is along the TOP of the map.

We either have different maps or you're reading REAL deep into the graphics <_< Are those "lines & dashes" a font or something? I wouldn't have even noticed that to be honest, lol.

Check your email

Now you are getting it... "Dots and Dashes" you say? <_<

We all have the same map, btw...

Edited by Lux
Red herring is along the TOP of the map.

We either have different maps or you're reading REAL deep into the graphics <_< Are those "lines & dashes" a font or something? I wouldn't have even noticed that to be honest, lol.

Check your email

Now you are getting it... "Dots and Dashes" you say? <_<

We all have the same map, btw...

Well I do not see any flippin red herring.....I think ya'll been drinking to much whiskey there on the boat with the captain and see things on the map that are not there. :blink:

Well I was slow getting started on this quest , but I do have the first three squares on the top row from left to right. So unless something magically appears when I get that fourth square on the top, I think people have been staring at their screen to long waiting to log the next objective <_< .

Those rascally nuts!!!!! I have now stared at my screen long enough to see that @#$% herring. That was sneeky!!!!

From reading the posts I assume that the log entry has to be made first on geocaching.com and then at coin quest right?  (Geocaching.com seems to be having a lot of problems tonight.  Will put "for coin quest requirement" in log entry for future caches. 

Also if a virtual was placed in 2003 it would qualify for either the virtual category #8 or the cache placed in 2003 #12, right?

Aye matey, tis true..ye be claiming it fer ye #8 or #12 but not fer both....

I have another pesky question please - maybe it's been covered elsewhere, but I can't find it...

In the post above it seems that you've said that you can log virtuals for other categories (like cache set in 2003), but I just notived the general rules state that except for category 8, any cache that contains a logbook will qualify.

Please can you clarify?

Thanks,

Bambi.

From reading the posts I assume that the log entry has to be made first on geocaching.com and then at coin quest right?  (Geocaching.com seems to be having a lot of problems tonight.  Will put "for coin quest requirement" in log entry for future caches. 

Also if a virtual was placed in 2003 it would qualify for either the virtual category #8 or the cache placed in 2003 #12, right?

I have another pesky question please - maybe it's been covered elsewhere, but I can't find it...

In the post above it seems that you've said that you can log virtuals for other categories (like cache set in 2003), but I just notived the general rules state that except for category 8, any cache that contains a logbook will qualify.

Please can you clarify?

Thanks,

Bambi.

Looks like we could be doin the double step here....by rights, there should be a log book to claim the cache placed in 2003 - now perhaps there was more to this quote as I don't see an answer to the first question...perhaps not - we've been known a time or two to be makin the wrong call - If this be the case, then by all means....you have caught us and so do as you will...

QUOTE (Bambi&Thumper @ Nov 21 2005, 09:02 AM)

QUOTE (Cach-U-Nuts @ Nov 13 2005, 11:16 PM)

QUOTE (LadyBee4T @ Nov 13 2005, 09:33 PM)

Please can you clarify?

Thanks,

Bambi. 

Looks like we could be doin the double step here....by rights, there should be a log book to claim the cache placed in 2003 - now perhaps there was more to this quote as I don't see an answer to the first question...perhaps not - we've been known a time or two to be makin the wrong call - If this be the case, then by all means....you have caught us and so do as you will

I asked that question and from your answer logged the virtual that was placed in 2003 as a #12 and was going to upload a picture to show I was there. If thats going to be disqualified I have another found in 2003 that I could enter but since that's what you said..... I know of another person who did the same thing as I did with a virtual placed in 2003.

LadyBee4T

Hi :D

Just wanted to see if you could take a "gander" at GCNA09 - Where are the Swans

(gander, swan, get it?) <_<

no really, the cache was recently replaced as the first location was compromised. The new location is evidently in a small rock cave. There is mention of the word "cave" in the hint, as well as a recent log and the owner has posted a picture of the hidey hole.

I think it probably satisfies the requirements for #11 but can I get a verification before I make a special trip to it ?

Thanks for the great game, I'm having fun ! :rolleyes:

Just wanted to see if you could take a "gander" at GCNA09 - Where are the Swans

(gander, swan, get it?)

Arrghh! Thee Captn gets it and it tickles his skelton crew. :D

no really, the cache was recently replaced as the first location was compromised. The new location is evidently in a small rock cave. There is mention of the word "cave" in the hint, as well as a recent log and the owner has posted a picture of the hidey hole.

I think it probably satisfies the requirements for #11 but can I get a verification before I make a special trip to it ?

Thanks for the great game, I'm having fun !

That be a mighty small cave matey, but it could be a good place to hidy your plunder. If yee can find the cache while fighting off the muggle hoards about thee place, you can claim the cache.

I dont' think we should be pointing out all the codes and herrings, This is a competition here. Someone you tell about the stuf will probably pass you up.

I am sorry you see it as a compitition. I just look at this as a game, just like geocaching, everyone can play in their own manner. Its too bad that it ruffles your feathers.

Realisticly everyone will probibly have three days once they get to the bottom row to figure anything out so I doubt that helping anyone will cause them to pass you.