250 Free Coins

Cach-U-Nuts

A couple of questions:

Do CITO events count as event caches for your purposes?  They are listed as a separate type (with separate icon) on geocaching.com.  I have seen this question alsek already but have not seen a response.

In regard to the 3 digit match category...  Many puzzle caches use coords like this for the false location when posting the cache.  Do these qualify for 3 digit finds?

We're playing...

-S.

Arrrrgh.....thanks fer ye question...tis a bit easier to ask ye questions, then to be walkin de plank :signalviolin:

The CITO events are ok to claim as a requirement as long it's a posted CITO event at geocaching.com and more than just you attended the event...it really must be a gathering of cachers to make it an event eh?

RE the 3 digit cache requirement: cannot be false location coodinates. It must be an actual cache location with the triple digits in either the latitude or longitude.

What be the time limit on ransackin' the dozen and 4 caches?.... and if we drift asea without makin' our plunderin' quota... what be your address? We'll be makin' sail in your direction and prayin' for a wind at our backs...we be havin' our coins on way or the other!  ARGGG!

Arrrrgggg!! Will ye be answering me or will I be settin' a course for yer rat infested galleon and beatin' the answer out of ye?

ARRRG.jpg

What be the time limit on ransackin' the dozen and 4 caches?.... and if we drift asea without makin' our plunderin' quota... what be your address? We'll be makin' sail in your direction and prayin' for a wind at our backs...we be havin' our coins on way or the other!  ARGGG!

Arrrrgggg!! Will ye be answering me or will I be settin' a course for yer rat infested galleon and beatin' the answer out of ye?

deadmen.jpg

KEEP YER HATCHES BATTENED DOWN AND DONT BE BULGIN YER BULKHEADS ER YE CUD BE BLOWING YER BALLAST AFORE YER TIME!

Legend has it that thar be 250 coins to be found in the treshur chest. When the chest haz been fully plundered and rendered empty then and only then wil the game be finished!!! GOSHH

Edited by Cach-U-Nuts
Looks like this one will be my most costly coin yet..going to be doing some traveling to find these requirements.

Me too. I've cleared out half of Georgia in cache finds and that takes away about 6 assignments. There are a few that would qualify for those, but I won't be doing those caches... the terrain is "5" and requires special equipment. I'm hoping thanksgiving in SC will help with a few.

From reading the posts I assume that the log entry has to be made first on geocaching.com and then at coin quest right? (Geocaching.com seems to be having a lot of problems tonight. Will put "for coin quest requirement" in log entry for future caches.

Also if a virtual was placed in 2003 it would qualify for either the virtual category #8 or the cache placed in 2003 #12, right?

Edited by LadyBee4T
From reading the posts I assume that the log entry has to be made first on geocaching.com and then at coin quest right?  (Geocaching.com seems to be having a lot of problems tonight.  Will put "for coin quest requirement" in log entry for future caches. 

Also if a virtual was placed in 2003 it would qualify for either the virtual category #8 or the cache placed in 2003 #12, right?

Aye matey, tis true..ye be claiming it fer ye #8 or #12 but not fer both....

Looks like this one will be my most costly coin yet..going to be doing some traveling to find these requirements.

Yep, us too. We drove 60 miles one way yesterday hoping to score a FTF. Happily, we were successful. :P

What I didn't realize until after I logged our first qualifying cache Sat night was that the limit between logging was 24 hours as opposed to every day. (I know, it is documented, but I was so keyed up I logged before reading.) So our first log was 10:11 pm local time. That's fine on the weekends, but during the work week we get up very early and are usually in bed before 10. Mr. Car54 suggested just skipping a day of logging and start the next day logging at a more reasonable time. What? Skip a day? Let someone else get ahead of me? Unthinkable!! Guess I'll be doing a bit more yawning at work the next couple of weeks. :D

Thanks for the cool game!

Mrs. Car54

Edited by Car54

Well, I found a cache near a tunnel last wednesday in SC and have done one of the few doable cave caches that's in GA in 2004, sigh. I plan on doing some caching in AL, SC and TN to meet all the requirements. So as PP suggested earlier, this will be an expensive geocoin by the time it's all said and done, lol.

So far the hardest one for me is the FTF and Event requirements. I've been geocaching for 5 months and have yet to log a FTF. I doubt one is going to jump into my lap in the next couple of weeks. We have an event scheduled in Alabama next weekend but its 150 miles from my house so I wasn't planning on going. I might have to though.

How do I do a search for Virtuals and is there a way to do a search for lat/long coords ending in the same number?

Well we are definately in on this one. The hardest for us will probably be the cemetery one, since they have all been archived in SC.

Sounds like you need a road trip to Indiana. :D We have a whole series of cemetery caches, many of them co-owned by a dog (another Coin Quest category). Search by keyword "Indiana Spirit Quest" and check out some of the cache pages. The folks who hide these take great pride in researching the history of the cemeteries, with a special emphasis on veterans.

Mrs. Car54

<snip> is there a way to do a search for lat/long coords ending in the same number?

I would be interested in knowing if there is a shortcut for this too. I did it the hard way - by going through all the pages of nearby caches I haven't found and looking at each one seperately until I found one. But before I did, I found at least a half dozen with coords like .998 or .667 - very frustrating I must say!

But I found one and it's only about 20 miles away. :D

<snip> is there a way to do a search for lat/long coords ending in the same number?

I would be interested in knowing if there is a shortcut for this too. I did it the hard way - by going through all the pages of nearby caches I haven't found and looking at each one seperately until I found one. But before I did, I found at least a half dozen with coords like .998 or .667 - very frustrating I must say!

But I found one and it's only about 20 miles away. :D

I would suggest requesting a pocket query, and then using GSAK or some other similar tool to just scroll down the list that is sorted by distance from your house until you find one. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes to find one that way.

--Marky

Well we are definately in on this one.  The hardest for us will probably be the cemetery one, since they have all been archived in SC.

Sounds like you need a road trip to Indiana. :D We have a whole series of cemetery caches, many of them co-owned by a dog (another Coin Quest category). Search by keyword "Indiana Spirit Quest" and check out some of the cache pages. The folks who hide these take great pride in researching the history of the cemeteries, with a special emphasis on veterans.

Mrs. Car54

Wish we could! Luckily we live close enough to the NC border we can cross over, just have to find one we haven't done. :P

ok I've been doing my research all day for tomorrow's cache all day to get my puzzle pieces day, and I have one question. Cache requirement for # 1 is a Statue will a sculpture do are they considered the same thing in the eys of the Cach-U-Nuts if not what is the difference?

Pepper

ok I've been doing my research all day for tomorrow's cache all day to get my puzzle pieces day, and I have one question.  Cache requirement for # 1 is a Statue will a sculpture do are they considered the same thing in the eys of the Cach-U-Nuts if not what is the difference?

Pepper

Aye matey......ye be plunderin a statue or a sculpture it be the same to us..so yous n yer scurvy crew be after it fore we changes our minds.....

I just used GSAK to find coordinates where the last 3 digits match and it's only 13 miles away. Off to get it now :rolleyes:

Well, I guess that would require actually having GSAK.

Yes - I live in the dark ages. Don't even have a PDA yet.....

OnTopic: went and got the cache after school, so we finally have our first piece! :lol:

Edited by Team LightningBugs
What is a virtual cache? And how do I do a search for them? Thanks!

Stephanie you have already done one, you did Triangle Park Cache GC6165.

Go to that cache page and down on the left hand side of the page you'll see in bold black it says Find... click on nearby caches of this type, click on that and your good to go.

Pepper

Edited by Pepper
This game is so much fun. Someone needs to do more of something like this. Maybe instead of trying to buy a coin like the Georgia which sold out in 2 minutes, the first 100 people to complete tasks gets a coin (to pay for of course).

I like your idea and everone be able to do it. Not like an event.

I didn't add on some of my posts on the 12th or 13th that this was a coin quest requirement cache. If I log them into the contest (one day at a time of course :ph34r: ) would they be disqualified? If I edit the entries to add coin quest would that be ok or would that disqualify those entries? Thanks Logs from now on will say that as I didn't see it in the rules originally.........

phoenixrose must of found a glitch in the system as she has 6 caches logged!

Hmm...maybe she knows somebody on the inside? Nah just kidding I have a feeling the Cach-U-Nut aren't that type of folks.

How ever that happen I'm feel sure it will get fixed.

The nice folks down in my area at the Houston Geocaching Society have been a huge help to me in finding the caches I need.

Going out today a bag a few more.

Pepper