Military/vets Geocoin Club

oldnavy59

so should there be a cap on how many members or set a date and time and if your in by then or just make it open to all vets?

Generally, the membership drive is a free-for-all.

When I announced the HFGcC last night, I knew that it would take a couple of hours, and the 50 slots would be filled. And, I was right. This is what happened at GHOST, probably at 50/50, and at Cornerstone4's new group.

IMHO, you should take the names that have responded to this thread so far, add them to the list, and flat-out state that you are setting up a new group.

You'll have a full roster very shortly.

Why not make the coins and limit them to 2 per person? I was not in the Military but there might be coins I would like to pick up for my Dad, USMC, Vietnam. This way, you give many people a chance to pick up the coins.

If you need help with coins, or even underwritting some of it to make sure you dont have a lot of coins laying around, feel free to contact me. In the end, you will most likely sell out of coins you produce.

If you dont do this, the other option is to put people on a wait list. So if we dont join the club, an extra X coins are produced. The people on a list get a chance to buy a coin, even if it was just one, I know I would pick one up here and there.

Regards,

nielsenc

i would hate to see to many people get left out but you have to cap somewhere i guessand alot of people who didnt or couldnt serve doesnt mean that they don t have a military connection so maybe 50 or100 mil/vets and half that many as assc. members and i would like someone who is a little more organized then i am to feel free to step in and help. i will freely admit that i am a noob to geocaching and geocoins and know absolutely nothing about making or designing a coin

So HELP

:o I would definitely like to join, I did my time as an MP, (don't hold it against me) :P Also, try to save a spot for Cavscout if he would be interested, He's currently serving in Iraq and may not be available to sign up right now. He may be one to help with coin designs and production ideas. Bear in mind I am not voulenteering him, I would keep him in mind though. :laughing: Edited by 57chevy

Hi, I'm an Iraq Marine vet and would LOVE to help with the design process! I really enjoy playing around with the design on these coins, but I'm just an amateur. However, I did the CCGC CITO coin and another "secret" coin coming out soon.

I could commit more to the club once I knew the monetary commitment :laughing:

BG Ben

slammer thats when the idea came to me also but didnt have time to post until today so far i have 25 names of vets and 2 non vets but who have expressed some interest. not sure about the monetary part but i think after 1 or 2 coins it would become self sustaining. when i joined GC.com i really liked the geoocoin part of it remeinds me of Challenge coins I won many a drink with my SECDEF coin

slammer thats when the idea came to me also but didnt have time to post until today so far i have 25 names of vets and 2 non vets but who have expressed some interest. not sure about the monetary part but i think after 1 or 2 coins it would become self sustaining. when i joined GC.com i really liked the geoocoin part of it remeinds me of Challenge coins I won many a drink with my SECDEF coin

Ditto :o Challenge coins got me interested in Geocoins. Better have yours next time I see you :laughing: .