Analyze This

I have been caching for 3+ years now and last night I had my first “Geo-Dream” :laughing: It was a multi that I was doing with a Geo-buddy of mine… We solved the first part but had a real hard time finding the cache itself… Now I know that if you dream about tornados, your life is in some sort of turmoil, if you dream that you are falling, it means some thing else… But what the heck does it mean when you dream about caching :P ??? Worst yet, what does it mean when you don’t find the cache! Is there any such thing as a “Geo-Shrink” and if there is should I be on his couch right now? :o

Up until a few years ago, I had a similiar recurring dream. Geocaching didn't exist then, but I think you'll see the resemblance:

I'm in middle school, between classes, and time is ticking down to the dreaded bell. But I can't remember where my locker is. The bell rings, and I'm left alone, standing in the hall holding the materials from my last class.

In another version, I can't find my next classroom, and in yet another, I can't even remember what my next class is.

I suspect that those sorts of dreams have to do with expectations vs. failure, either self perceived or assumed by your peers.

Shucks, the other night I dreamed I had something important to say and couldn't find the forums. :laughing::o

Holy spruce needles; that's taking cammo to the extreme. :laughing:

I have a caching friend who was doing a maintenance check on a cache of his in the NC Sandhills. I't not far from where Delta Force and other groups that don't exist :o train in the woods at times.

He got within 10' of a soldier in a ghillie suit before he recognized a human shape, they made eye contact, the soldier moved 1/8" and Harry turned and walked away!

Back OT-did you at least dream of posting the DNF? :P

Here's my "One-Minute Dream Interpretation" guidelines:

- First, consider a literal interpretation. (For example, if you dream your house is on fire, go see if you left the stove on.)

- Your subconscious will use symbols that mean something to you. (E.g., I like snakes, so if I dream of a snake it may mean something quite different than for someone who dislikes them.)

- Other people in your dream may represent different aspects of yourself. (E.g., if I dream of my mom, it may represent motherly aspects of myself.)

- What were your emotions in the dream? (Happy, sad, mad, frustrated, ...) They reflect how you feel about the underlying situation.

- If you dream something more than once, pay attention. Your subconscious is trying to tell you something.

- Write the dream down and the meaning may pop out at you.

- "What if I interpret the dream wrong?" If it results in a positive change, then it's a good thing anyway. And if the other message is important, your subconscious will bring it up again.

When I read about your dream, this is what popped out to me: sounds like you have some sort of problem in your life that you haven't yet figured out how to solve. Some people ask their subconscious for a solution and look for it in future dreams. Hope that helps! :o

Here's my "One-Minute Dream Interpretation" guidelines:

- First, consider a literal interpretation. (For example, if you dream your house is on fire, go see if you left the stove on.)

- Your subconscious will use symbols that mean something to you. (E.g., I like snakes, so if I dream of a snake it may mean something quite different than for someone who dislikes them.)

- Other people in your dream may represent different aspects of yourself. (E.g., if I dream of my mom, it may represent motherly aspects of myself.)

- What were your emotions in the dream? (Happy, sad, mad, frustrated, ...) They reflect how you feel about the underlying situation.

- If you dream something more than once, pay attention. Your subconscious is trying to tell you something.

- Write the dream down and the meaning may pop out at you.

- "What if I interpret the dream wrong?" If it results in a positive change, then it's a good thing anyway. And if the other message is important, your subconscious will bring it up again.

When I read about your dream, this is what popped out to me: sounds like you have some sort of problem in your life that you haven't yet figured out how to solve. Some people ask their subconscious for a solution and look for it in future dreams. Hope that helps! :)

Whoa!!! Now my head hurts :o Thanx for your time... how much do I owe ya :) PS you have a nice couch :)

sept1c_tank Posted: Nov 12 2005, 07:56 AM

Up until a few years ago, I had a similiar recurring dream. Geocaching didn't exist then, but I think you'll see the resemblance:

I'm in middle school, between classes, and time is ticking down to the dreaded bell. But I can't remember where my locker is. The bell rings, and I'm left alone, standing in the hall holding the materials from my last class.

That is just to weird. I have dreamt for years that I am in school between classes standing in front of my own locker but for the life of me I can't remember the combination :signalviolin:

I have been caching for 3+ years now and last night I had my first “Geo-Dream” :mad: . . .

In 3+ years of caching, this is your first "Geo-Dream."

Wow . . . I had my first "Geo-Dream" the first night after I found my first cache . . . and they continued every night for months. :signalviolin:

They were finally tapering off until I got a White Jeep in my possession.

Now I'm having "Geo-Dreams" again, but this time they are about the jeep and where to put it so it doesn't go the way of so many of the YJTBs and other WJTBs and GeoCoins people seem to value in their possession, as opposed to "out in the wild" where they were intended to roam. :(

That is just to weird. I have dreamt for years that I am in school between classes standing in front of my own locker but for the life of me I can't remember the combination :(

Yep. Thats another variation. Been there.

And then there's the version where I can't remember what my next class is, and also the one where I know what class it is but can't remember where it is. :mad::signalviolin:

Edited by sept1c_tank

I've been having cache dreams recently too. In one of them I was with co-workers (who I never see outside of the office) we were all looking for a cache and having a great time. Unfortunately my daughter knocked on the door and woke me up before anyone found the cache. This past weekend I had a cache dream, but I can't remember what it was about. I've only been caching for 6 months.

That is just to weird. I have dreamt for years that I am in school between classes standing in front of my own locker but for the life of me I can't remember the combination :D

Yep. Thats another variation. Been there.

And then there's the version where I can't remember what my next class is, and also the one where I know what class it is but can't remember where it is. :P:P

Or what about the dream that it's final exams and you haven't attended a class the entire semester?

(You've got to take the test anyway because in dream world they don't care that you never showed up, you can still pass the class if you pass the exam.)

I'm in middle school, between classes, and time is ticking down to the dreaded bell.  But I can't remember where my locker is.  The bell rings, and I'm left alone, standing in the hall holding the materials from my last class.

So... you've got a situation that needs to be resolved soon (deadline/zero hour approaching). Everyone else involved is squared away. You feel you ought to know how to resolve it but don't know where to go to get the stuff you need (resources, knowledge, etc.) to do so. The resources/knowledge you've got won't do for the current situation.

I have dreamt for years that I am in school between classes standing in front of my own locker but for the life of me I can't remember the combination  :(

... you feel you ought to know how to come up with the combination of things needed to resolve your situation.

Now I'm having "Geo-Dreams" again, but this time they are about the jeep and where to put it so it doesn't go the way of so many of the YJTBs and other WJTBs and GeoCoins people seem to value in their possession, as opposed to "out in the wild" where they were intended to roam. ;)

... you have something special that you need to let go of but you don't think people will treat it properly.

Or what about the dream that it's final exams and you haven't attended a class the entire semester? 

... you've got a situation that you should have been preparing for but have been putting off and now you're about to be called on it.

I also dream about going to work and not being able to find the timeclock. (I haven't had to punch one in years and years.)

... and you don't even know where to start to resolve your situation.

That'll be $50 each, thank you. :(;):ph34r:

What I hate are the dreams where I'm naked in a crowd of people who don't seem to notice. I figure they mean I'm embarrassed about something or there's something I want to hide, but I shouldn't be so concerned because others wouldn't think it's that big a deal. :P

. . .

Now I'm having "Geo-Dreams" again, but this time they are about the jeep and where to put it so it doesn't go the way of so many of the YJTBs and other WJTBs and GeoCoins people seem to value in their possession, as opposed to "out in the wild" where they were intended to roam. :ph34r:

... you have something special that you need to let go of but you don't think people will treat it properly.

Very good . . . that seems to be a theme for me.

Several years ago I had to sell my horses. For years I had "horse dreams." In the dreams I hadn't sold the horses, but arranged for someone to care for them. I returned to find they hadn't been treated properly . . . :(

ok....

i had a dream in which i was placing a complex multi. i dreamed the clues and some of the hiding placed and some of the mathematics involved.

so i went out to check where i thought it should go, but the wasn't anything.

then i had a v-8 moment and realized where the center point should be. and when i started doing the math and going to the appropriiate sites, there were places to hide containers. and what's more, the things i was supposed to use for clues were all there, too.

imagine driving all around a whole county looking for a plaque that has the right letters on it to solve the puzzle from your dream...

the record time for solving the cache is just over 10 days. the average is measured in weeks.

ok....

i had a dream in which i was placing a complex multi. i dreamed the clues and some of the hiding placed and some of the mathematics involved.

so i went out to check where i thought it should go, but the wasn't anything.

then i had a v-8 moment and realized where the center point should be. and when i started doing the math and going to the appropriiate sites, there were places to hide containers. and what's more, the things i was supposed to use for clues were all there, too.

imagine driving all around a whole county looking for a plaque that has the right letters on it to solve the puzzle from your dream...

the record time for solving the cache is just over 10 days. the average is measured in weeks.

Wow!

You join the ranks of the many great people who achieved success after receiving (some would say "divine") inspiration from their dreams and following through with it. :ph34r:

I have not had that dream for about 10 years now ... and I have been out of school for 35 years. I hope this does not start it again. :(

Thanks alot. :ph34r: I had a dream about that last night. Guess that's what I get for reading the forums before I go to bed. And oddly enough, it was a German class. Guess that's because I had received an email from a cacher from Germany right before I went to bed, and thought to myself how handy it would be if I could remember any of those two semesters of German I took as an undergrad.

Ok, I must admit I thought it was goofy to have a dream about caching, that is until I did so last night.

I've been working on a cache I am going to hide soon. I have it all ready except for the location which I've been looking for.

Last night I was dreaming of driving around in my Jeep and looking for spots to put it.

So, if you find a good doctor, please get his/her name for me. :lol:

I am a bookeeper and can not tell you the number of times I've had problems balancing the bank statement...haven't we all :D

There have been a number of times I have solved the problems in my sleep. Oh the joy of coming to work and tracking down a solution in 5 minutes that you had worked on for hours the previous day.

I'm in middle school, between classes, and time is ticking down to the dreaded bell.  But I can't remember where my locker is.  The bell rings, and I'm left alone, standing in the hall holding the materials from my last class.

In another version, I can't find my next classroom, and in yet another, I can't even remember what my next class is.

Did you by chance go to school in the 70s ? I had several younger friends that experianced the same Thing on a regular basis.

I dreamt one night that I ate a giant Marshmallow.When I awoke my pillow was missing.

I'm in middle school, blah, blah, blah...

Did you by chance go to school in the 70s ? I had several younger friends that experianced the same Thing on a regular basis.

Very early '60s.

Another common dream for me (for the life of me I can't relate this one to geocaching, but since I'm admitting that up front, and using the word geocaching, it can't be too much off topic) is that I've been traveling in some unknown country, where I've been for an extended amount of time, and it's time to return home, but for a variety of reasons I just can't seem to gather my stuff together in time to catch the plane. :D:D

I was once out geocaching one very hot summer's day

When I thought I'd lay myself down to rest

In a big field of tall grass

I laid there in the sun

and felt it caressing my face

As I fell asleep..... and dreamed

I dreamed I was in a hollywood movie

And that I was the star of the movie

This really blew my mind

The fact that me,

an underfed, short haired, leaping geocacher

Should be the star of a hollywood movie, hmmm

But there I was

I was taken to a place

The hall of the mountain kings

I stood high by the mountain tops

Naked to the world

In front of

Every kind of cache

There was long one's, tall ones, short ones, brown ones,

Black ones, round ones, big ones,

crazy ones

Out of the middle,

came a lady

She whispered in my ear

Something crazy

She said

Dont you whine, find that URL Dont you whine, find that URL

I thought to myself what could that mean

Am I going crazy or is this just a dream

Now, wait a minute

I know I'm lying in a field of grass somewhere

so it's all in my head

and then.. I heard her say one more time:

I could feel hot flames of fire roaring at my back in the forums

As she disappeared, but soon she returned

In her hand was laptop, in the other, a e-trex

She entered some of the info from the laptop into the e-trex

And raised it to get a signal

And just before it did, I awoke....

:anitongue:

I have not had that dream for about 10 years now ... and I have been out of school for 35 years. I hope this does not start it again. ;)

Thanks alot. ;) I had a dream about that last night. Guess that's what I get for reading the forums before I go to bed. And oddly enough, it was a German class. Guess that's because I had received an email from a cacher from Germany right before I went to bed, and thought to myself how handy it would be if I could remember any of those two semesters of German I took as an undergrad.

lft051117.gif

After a particularly challenging caching day, you wouldn't think I would have a caching dream about "urban micros," but I did. ;)

In it, I picked up some people who needed a ride. I made a wrong turn that took me across a bridge into San Francisco . . . ;)

That was okay until I realized I didn't have any caches for that area in my GPSr. I started looking under lamppost skirts anyway . . . :mad:

It's very clear; you're dreaming about hydee!  :huh:  :P

:blink: Actually, what it meant was that reading these posts caused a certain 1970 Eric Burdon song to get stuck in my head and I expected at least oneperson to recognize it despite the geocaching variation added. B):P

http://www.buzzstuff.net/archives/000041.php

I recognized it about the second paragraph (stanza?), but I never cared for the original. (uh oh... is that a hint about how old I am? B) ) I like your version better. B)

Edited by charliewhiskey