Insta-notify

Wreck Diver

I am currently using the Insta-Notify Service to receive local Archive logs and local Publish Listing logs, and was hoping to suggest three minor changes:

1.) Would it be possible to add a field for new cache submissions so that owners can enter a town or city name where their cache will be located? If such a field was available for new cache submissions, the name of the city or town could be included in the Insta-Notify instead of Location: Massachusetts, United States 19.3mi E (31.1km E)

2.) Would it be possible to add the cache owner's username to the Insta-Notify for Publish Listing logs so that we are able to see who the cache owner is? At the present, we are only receiving the username of the cache approver.

3.) Would it be possible to add the cache waypoint ID (GCxxxx) to the Insta-Notify to make it easier to look up the cache by cellular WAP?

Thoughts?

They all sound good to me. I understand that the Insta-Notify is following the standard Publish event, but much of the information listed in that particular Insta-Notify is junk. I don't care about the approver's profile. I don't care about the log entry for the Publish event. And if I click the link for the cache, I can't even get the coordinates (since I'm not by default logged in on my PDA where I get the Insta-Notify).

For me, the only useful thing in there is the distance, since it's from my home and I can gauge kinda where it is.

Proposal 1) might be a bit problematic, as it opens a new source of error and mistake, or at least confusion if it is not filled in properly. If it were (or the information retrieved properly by an automatic process) then it would be really useful, I agree.

I fully support proposal 2). This is, in my view, essential information on a cache and much more interesting than the reviewer's name. I would be pleased if this is added (like in the weekly cache notification mail).

3) is of course important for all FTF hunters who get the insta-notify on a mobile device. Maybe just add a link to the cache listing on the wap-portal, similar to the already included link to the cache listing on the web-portal. Then you can directly "click" through to the wapified cache listing.

Regards,

HoPri

Edit: spelling

Edited by HoPri