Coin "found" Icon For A Coin You Own?

Thrak

I activated a coin and dropped it into and then grabbed it back out of a cache I own. I thought this would give me a coin icon under my "found" stats but it didn't. Can somebody tell me how you get the icon there for a coin you own?

(I plan to drop the coin into somebody else's cache later today and see if it travels or disappears.)

Edited by Thrak
You can not find your own coin....  it would be finding your own caches that you have hidden.

GC- allows you to log your own caches...just not your own coins.

They also allow you to log cache finds (and get credit) more than once, for the same cache...but TB/coins only once.

Like this makes sense...both of these should be the other way around.

You should not be allowed to log your own caches or log caches more than once...however comma GC lets you do it...

Edited by GoBolts!

You should not be allowed to log your own caches or log caches more than once...however comma GC lets you do it...

I agree you shouldn't log your own normally, but what about a moving cache. You do have to find it.

Also for logging a cache twice, again there are caches that have moved or pages that have been reused.

There will be exceptions.

I managed to get a FTF on the same cache two times. First location was determined to be an illegal location so the owner moved it .5 miles.

Team Sand Dollar

If you couldn't log a cache more than one, for instance, you couldn't log event caches from an event.

:laughing:

Each event cache has a different GC # They are treated as seperate caches.

I think the reference was to abuses excesses uses of event caches like this one

wow...if people do thing like that...what is the point to keeping track?

That sucks for the rest of up...that only log caches once.

If you couldn't log a cache more than one, for instance, you couldn't log event caches from an event.

I think the reference was to abuses excesses uses of event caches like this one

wow...if people do thing like that...what is the point to keeping track?

That sucks for the rest of up...that only log caches once.

Just remember - it is not a contest. Your numbers only really matter to you. :o

Not all events have seperate gc #'s for events. Here in Indiana we usually place between 5-10 event caches and allow others that find them log them thru cache pages. These caches are not permament and do not have their own seperate gc#'s.

Wow. I can't believe folks logged 55 "finds" for that.

I got the answer I needed so I'll go ahead and close this thread. Thanks for the replies. I'll just hope to find coins for the icons. I don't really want to log "finds" that are in someones coin folder. I know the numbers really only matter to me but I'd like to keep them honest.

Thanks again for the helpful replies.