Creating Catagories

Why can only premium members create a catagory. It seems to me that catagories are like locationless caches, where people find an object that meets the criteria. I am a free member, and I would like to maka a catagory. It seems if a catagory (or subcatagory) is like a locationless cache, then all members should be able to make them. I am a free member because I dont geocache enough to make being a premium member usefull. The least I can do is try to make geocaching and Waymarking better for other people, free or premium alike. If you do only allow premium members to make catagories, then please bring back locationless caching on the geocaching.com website.

Please tell me if my theroy of catagories is all messed up. :D

Edited by Team Firebird
Please tell me if my theroy of catagories is all messed up. :D

Your theory is slightly wrong. The creation of new locationless caches has not been possible on geocaching.com for a long, long time, so what you are asking for isn't something that anyone has been able to do for years. As a free member, you are able to create new waymarks in existing categories, which is exactly the same as logging a find on an existing locationless cache. On Waymarking.com, you have the additional ability to log a visit on a waymark that someone else created. Bonus!

Also, premium memberships cost less than 9 cents a day if you subscribe yearly. 9 cents a day. For a little perspective, even if you have a hybrid car that gets 50 mpg, 9 cents worth of gas will only get you about 2 miles (if that). And you get a lot of benefits in return for your membership, including supporting these two great sites. ;)

--Marky

Edited by Marky