:shocked: Why Signal The Frog?! :shocked:

Wendigo7

Now I mean no disrespect to Signal the Frog, and I don't mean step on any toes (or webbed feet), But why a Frog?

I mean is a frog a great tracker?

Is it the frogs have a great natural ability to sense direction?

Or are they sure footed and steady going?

When I think of a frog, I think of slimy, wet, slick, jumpy, and quick. Now accept for maybe quick, as a new geocacher, the other description don't describe me or my other geocaching friends.

Now I'm not suggesting we replace good old signal, but why not give him a partner or sidekick?

Like maybe a wolf, a bloodhound, an eagle, an owl, or even a big radar eared bat?

Something that represents more of what we do and how we do it.

I realize this will probably never "fly", but I thought it might be cool to see some proposed ideas from some others out there. So let's see and hear some other ideas.

Respond to this topic with your art ideas for a Signal side-kick...

(Cheer up Signal, you may gain a new friend.)

Wendigo7

When I think of a frog, I think of slimy, wet, slick, jumpy, and quick. Now accept for maybe quick, as a new geocacher, the other description don't describe me or my other geocaching friends.

Wanna bet? Try picking a few less cityfied caches and you will be posting suggestions about local diners that allow mud-covered cachers.

I'm all for Signal. I would also enjoy a supporting cast. Maybe a group of geocaching wunderfauna who Signal can call on for specific superpowers needed for different caches/weather/terrain/CITO needs. Or maybe a character batch would be more fun...the Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam type of guest stars? Hmmmm.

lol. Oh dear lord. I dunno if I could take a full cast of characters.

Well, I would just like to thank all of you for this thread. I remain enlightened. I have to admit, before simply thought, "Eh, whatever... it's a freakin' frog with an antennae. Whatever floats their boat." But now that I've read the official signal page, I think she's cool.

I love the drawing with signal walking with an orange scarf on. It's great from a design standpoint: Simple and full of joy.

How about a blue 'devil-duck'...

Nah, the blue devil duckie would be the bad cacher who always tries to get Signal to cheat the system, place caches in dangerous locations, log his own cache, real naughty stuff like that.

Kind of a Goofus and Gallant thing. (hmmm, people sometimes do call me Drufus)

Drufus and Signal.

Edited by BlueDeuce
I found signals stat bar, guess what, no finds, no hides. :)

The tough-as-nails Washington cache reviewer determined that Signal's "maintainable distance" for a cache placement was a hop, a skip and a jump. When a cache one mile from his lily pad was archived on this basis, Signal lost interest in hiding and finding caches, preferring instead to focus on his mascot and CITO roles, and spending his lucrative merchandise royalty checks on tins of imported gourmet flies.