Waymarking Stats

I like the idea of Waymarking but i believe that waymarks you find should show up with a logo on your geocaching.com profile stats. This would make it similar to benchmarks, as you are not finding a container, but you are still getting credit for finding it. Is this in the plan, or would it be possible to have the # of waymarks youve found show up in your GC.com stats in your profile???

Thanks

Fishykid

QUOTE (sept1c_tank @ Aug 16 2005, 11:46 AM)

QUOTE (Pyewacket @ Aug 16 2005, 09:06 AM)

QUOTE (maingray @ Aug 16 2005, 09:28 AM)

One aside.. how about including your waypoints find / hide score on your geocaching user stats page somewhere..(and probably vice versa) but not included this in your total (*) score, but treat it like benchmarks / TG counts. This may add to the motivation for people to log finds and I like the idea of a one-stop page for numbers. Even though, we all know it ISN'T about the numbers.

I'm in agreement; I think it would be a nice touch to tie the two sites together by linking one's profile from Waymarking.com on a GC.com profile, and vice versa, as suggested by maingray. Thanks for the new game...since no one is hiding new caches in my area, this opens up a whole new realm of possibilities for me.

I agree. It would be nice if one profile told both stories; the stats shouldn't be combined, but treated seperatly and displayed side by side (like benchmarks).

Actually, since I haven't logged any waymarks yet, I don't know that this doesn't already happen.

The site looks nice. I hope it works as well as it looks.

It doesn't happen yet. At least it's not showing my waymarks that I've submitted. I haven't logged my own, basically because I'm doing this in reverse order. When I go back to some of my waymarks, I'll then log them.

I'm in agreement with the tallys in the user stats. Submitting a waymark could be treated as a "hide" while logging and existing waymark would be treated as a "visit" as Jeremy likes to call them.

OK, so this topic has been discussed and i just missed it, but ther has been no answer of whether it will happen or not. I think it would make the game more interesting and fun if the stats showed up on GC.com

I think I remember it being mentioned by one of the Groudspeak lackeys that there may eventually be another "tab" on your profile to show Waymarking stats. I support this idea rather than including Waymarking in the geocaching stats.

Yeah, the way the icons are going with geocoins, we're going to need a geocoin tab as well. :o

--Marky

I think I remember it being mentioned by one of the Groudspeak lackeys that there may eventually be another "tab" on your profile to show Waymarking stats. I support this idea rather than including Waymarking in the geocaching stats.

Yeah, the way the icons are going with geocoins, we're going to need a geocoin tab as well. :o

--Marky

haha :P

That works for me as well, but when, it seems like new developments on wm.com are coming slowly and the site needs a lot of work to catch up to gc.com standards.

Part of this may be a real low awareness of Waymarking among the users of geocaching.com. Anything we can do to increase this awareness and excitement about Waymarking should be done.

If we insist on seeing Waymarking as so different from geocaching that it should be totally segregated, with as little presence as possible on gc.com, we may be shooting ourselves in the foot. This is why, in another thread, I say the stat count of waymarks should be prominently displayed on our gc.com stats page. If doing that gets out of hand in some way a year or two from now, then, at that point, a change to a link or tab for Waymarking may be needed.

For now we need as much advertising as possible! Putting the waymark stats together with geocaching stats is easy advertising.