Tc Winter Convergence Geocoin

ABXGuy

I am a little confused.

1st event 5/18/02

5th event 1/21/06

So you're celebrating the 4th anniversary of the event 4 months early and calling it the 5th anniversary. :lol:

True, the 1st event was 2 weeks prior to This event in Oregon so it very well may be the longest running annual event even though the 1st one was just 3 1/2 years ago :lol:

Anybody who has to remember their wedding anniversary knows that their fifth anniversary happens 5 years after their wedding.

Now - If you want to celebrate the 5th occurence of the event, I understand :lol:

Now the question is when was the first event.

The first one I attended was  Perseid Meteor Shower Campout on 8/10/01

Team Sand Dollar

I like how the event was before you were "official" :o

This Event was before my time.

Actually I found my first cache on 7/15/01. The event was my 10th but I didn't get a account till 8/20/01. Funny thing is I had a signature item before I even had an account. Of course at that time my geocaching name was L.

Plus I didn't log any only till I had over 50 finds. Luckly I was keeping a personal list of all my finds and could go back and put the logs in.

I guess I wasn't sure I would really liked caching.

Team Sand Dollar

I am a little confused.

1st event 5/18/02

5th event 1/21/06

So you're celebrating the 4th anniversary of the event 4 months early and calling it the 5th anniversary. :D

True, the 1st event was 2 weeks prior to This event in Oregon so it very well may be the longest running annual event even though the 1st one was just 3 1/2 years ago :D

Anybody who has to remember their wedding anniversary knows that their fifth anniversary happens 5 years after their wedding.

Now - If you want to celebrate the 5th occurence of the event, I understand :D

I think what ABXGuy means is this is the 5th annual occurrence of this event. Dates change from year to year, so it may be earlier than previous Convergences, but there has been one every winter and this is the 5th such event. He doesn't say it's the oldest, just that it's the oldest continuously held event. There may be some earlier ones, but they are have not been held regularly.

Not trying to pick details here. It's a great event and by past logs and with talking to people who have attended, it adds a 'caching in the deep snow' aspect to the sport. Some people put their caching activities on hold at first snowfall and don't start up again until the daffodils bloom. This will be our first time to attend this event and it looks to be a spectacular event.

I am a little confused.

1st event 5/18/02

5th event 1/21/06

So you're celebrating the 4th anniversary of the event 4 months early and calling it the 5th anniversary. :D

True, the 1st event was 2 weeks prior to This event in Oregon so it very well may be the longest running annual event even though the 1st one was just 3 1/2 years ago :D

Now - If you want to celebrate the 5th occurence of the event, I understand :D

I think what ABXGuy means is this is the 5th annual occurrence of this event. Dates change from year to year, so it may be earlier than previous Convergences, but there has been one every winter and this is the 5th such event. He doesn't say it's the oldest, just that it's the oldest continuously held event. There may be some earlier ones, but they are have not been held regularly.

Not trying to pick details here. It's a great event and by past logs and with talking to people who have attended, it adds a 'caching in the deep snow' aspect to the sport. Some people put their caching activities on hold at first snowfall and don't start up again until the daffodils bloom. This will be our first time to attend this event and it looks to be a spectacular event.

No gripes with the claim of longest running since it occurred 2 weeks before the first event I attended, which I failed to clarify is also a continously occurring annual event that will have it's 5th occurence next year.

And my last statement in my original post is acknowledgement of what you suggest in your first sentence.

Anniversary and occurence are not the same. I remember when the Boston Marathon was celebrating the 100th running of their race. That was 1 year before the 100th anniversary of the first race. (1897 was the first one in case you were curious).

More importantly - the coins sold out!! I wish I could be there. It sound like a (cold) blast.

These have been on sale in the local Michigan forums for two days with only a couple coins left... hurry and grab them or be added to the waiting list in case a current order cancels.

I should have had more than 100 made...

http://www.rjrudy.org/geocoin.html

Is there a list of who made the cut?

Upon second thought, a list will not be published. The people you made the list have been contacted via email. If they wish to post here that they "won", then it is up to them. Some people may not want it known that they won and I'm not about to email everyone to ask if I can list them... I guess I would consider it a privacy issue? :laughing:

Upon second thought, a list will not be published. The people you made the list have been contacted via email.

Do you mean a personalized response, or the automatic reply that was received when a request was made to the posted email address?

If you "won" you received an email with the mailing address to send the payment.