Waymarking Question

I keep seeing that Waymarking is replacing Locationless caches, but by browsing the Waymarking directory, it seems more like it's replacing Virtual caches. Unless I'm mistaken, Locationless caches have no set location, it's the caches job to go find a location that has the same object type there. In virtual caching there's is something there that you have to find and report back to the cache author.

So from my browsing Waymarking.com It's more replacing virtual caches, right? :D

The Waymarking category is meant to replace a locationless. Each unique waymark created in a catagory would be like logging a find for a locationless.

Others have gone on to say that after a waymark has been created, it is now like a virtual which others can then visit and log. Aside from the waymark lacking the "feelings" of a virtual, this is "technically" correct. However, some might not think so.

Edited by mini cacher

Horn229 , what mini cacher said. My Catagory Art o mats is just like a locationless cache . Finders would have to go and get coords for one of the art o mats throughout the country and then create the waymark following my guidlenies just like in locationless caches. Then once the waymark has been created other finders would travel to that location/virtual and see what they too discover at this waymark following the requirements just like in a virtual cache. This has endless possibilitie There has been talk in the forums of FTF and bounty hunting. Just imagine if you would that for a set time period ( lets say two months) a bounty was set by the catagory owner for finding Art o MAts that have already been created as waymarks; then bounty hunters ie cachers would search out all the art o mats they could in that set time period, then both the ftf and the bounty hunter with the most finds wins a piece of art from the Catagory owner and/ or points from Gc.com. For those discovering a new waymark the catagory Art o MAts they could also be given something special by the Catagory owner or GC.com in the way of points etc. This is just one of the possibilities that have crossed my mind.