Google Maps For Mobile

This is WAY cool.

I just downloaded Google Maps to my Nokia 6620, and cancelled my MapQuest Mobile. This application is much cooler and much more robust. It even supports input of Geocaching.com coordinates to locate caches either using a map or a satellite photo!

Did I mention the app itself is FREE?

I posted a couple of screen captures in my online gallery to give you a look. I entered the coords for my "Under the Little Blue Top" cache (that I just archived :rolleyes:) and show it on both street map level and satellite image. I simply entered the coords using the same format as on the web site (without the degree symbol), and it converted to the decimal when it did the search. Mapquest Mobile cannot do this.

Note, you should have an "unlimited" data plan on your phone if you want to use this; it makes use of the network often to download map tiles.

The Google Maps site on your mobile to download is google.com/glm. The app is called Google Local for Mobile.

The gallery is at gallery.sanctuaryweb.org (click on Mobile Phone Pictures, then Google Mobile to see the screen shots).

Edited by Scooter Geek