Poll: Would You Trade A Poker Chip For One Of Your

Saving Shiloh

I wouldn't trade a coin for a poker chip. If I found one in a cache I would add to my collection unless it was a TB. Here in the Uk a lot of us had geotags made of acryllic and in different shapes and colours I might trade one of these for a poker chip as they are also a personal sig item. Any takers for trades?

Lynn

Edited by Team Maddie UK

I have. Usually for a few Poker Chips and not often. I appreciate the fact that the poker chip represents an enthusiasm for the hobby as my personal coin does.

My only problem is that the number of requests I would get to trade would outreach the number of personal coins I have.

So.....on very, very rare occasions I would -- maybe if I met the person face-to-face. (then there would be that "connection")

Nyet.

I would trade metal for metal.

Otherwise, a poker chip for my personal sig item (hand sculpted from polymer clay) is usually what I trade. I have two kinds of sig items. Ones that just get tossed in all caches I find, and ones which are really detailed that I mail out for trades and/or leave for first to finds and/or event trades and/or for really great caches. The others are smaller and very simple to make and are a little smaller than a poker chip.

That being said...

Team Maddie UK 

Posted: Nov 8 2005, 05:12 AM

Report PostQuote Post

Premium Member

I wouldn't trade a coin for a poker chip. If I found one in a cache I would add to my collection unless it was a TB. Here in the Uk a lot of us had geotags made of acryllic and in different shapes and colours I might trade one of these for a poker chip as they are also a personal sig item. Any takers for trades?

Lynn

Lynn (Team Maddie ) Email me directly, and I'd love to work out a sig item trade!

~Rose

I agree. A poker chip is a sig item, different than a coin. Metal for metal is what I've always done.

I agree with the "no", but disagree with the other statement.

IMO, the true geocoins are sig items not the commercial coins that are coming out.

Not that I have anything against the commercial coins; I just see the personal coins as the true sig items/geocoins.

I agree. A poker chip is a sig item, different than a coin. Metal for metal is what I've always done.

I agree with the "no", but disagree with the other statement.

IMO, the true geocoins are sig items not the commercial coins that are coming out.

Not that I have anything against the commercial coins; I just see the personal coins as the true sig items/geocoins.

I agree that the commercial coins are confusing the issue. I've really cooled to the whole coin collecting thing (except for some very specific ones) because there are just way too many out there! In the "old" days (6 months ago), I traded my personal sig item (a coin) for others personal sig item (mostly coins, sometimes a poker chip and even one guys crazy shotglass! :blink:

Back then, it was all good -- sig for sig. Now, with somewhere around 700+ coins out there (by my quick estimation) there are just too many to collect/trade for them all.

I wouldn't trade a coin for shotglass unless the shotglass was full of tequilla. :ph34r:

Actually -- the shotglass is one of my favourite sig items! It's one of the "old school" sig items. (like a Moun10Bike v1 or some of the other early items)

Yeah, he's just having some fun at my expense - Marky is local to me and just giving me a hard time :blink: