Logging Requirements

While in the process of creating a waymark the logging requirements were as follows:

Instructions for logging waymarks of this category:

No log instructions provided.

After I submitted the waymark for approval the logging requirements changed after I EMailed the Category owner an answer to their question. The logging requirements were as follows:

Instructions for logging waymarks of this category:

This is left to the owner of each waymark.

This just leads to more confusion which makes this even more confusing while trying to figure out this waymark thing.

So this means that a simple waymark can be made even harder than what the catagorie owner had in mind because most requirements for what I have listed or hid are usually a 4 to 6 mile hike. Which sounds about right to bag a waymark without a :rolleyes:

Yes me too I submitted several waymarks when it read:

Instructions for creating waymarks in this category:

No instructions provided.

Instructions for logging the waymark

No log instructions provided.

( I believe they were auto approved)

Then I get an email from the Catagory owner saying please post the photos, I pointed out that there is no such requirement, and the response I got back said it was elsewhere on the page. I personally find this very frustrating. The owner then changed the requirements for logging but not yet for creating. I am working on adding what they requested but I do find this VEry Very frustrating, I choose to create based on the requirements posted and then they change them. Dreadful!!!! <_<<_<

Edited by chstress53

I had that happen to me as well. When I pointed it out to the category manager, he corrected the stated requirements. This is a learning experience for them too. Hopefully they will adjust the requirements for all future people who wish to create or log waymarks. If the category manager doesnt fix the stated requirements on the category page, then that should be brought up in the forums.

Some have no requrements, some have easy going requirements and some are very specific and more demanding than the LC's. If one is a real pain, than we can vote with our feet. You can also use your voice and vote it off the island. If a lot of people find it to burdensome, than out it should go. At least that is how i have been decifering this new frontier.

Hmm, maybe you do not wish to have strict requirements but if Im forced to have easy to no requirements to satisfy the rest of you, I wont be bothering with this game. Those who want stringent requirements should be allowed to have them in the categories or waymarks they create just as much as you all should be able to create categories or waymarks without the stricter requirements. Then we can all play as we wish.

Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking this thread was not in the least about strict or not strict requirements; but about Catagory Owners changing the requirements AFTER we choose to log based on their initial requirements then getting emails from the catagory owners asking us to comply with the new requirements that were created AFTER we created the waymarks based on what they posted as requirements first. I for one specifically choose their catagory for the no requirment factor when I created the waymark. Just for info sake I have created very complicated waymarks too and met the posted requirments. But the angst comes when we get emails asking for something that was not required when the waymark was created. This is not fair to the waymark creator..

Edited by chstress53