Squared22's Quahog Geocoin...sterling

SquareD22

UPDATE on the progress....

1. The list is in MY computer, if you are on it, you have been notified, and you have paid for your coin.  If not, sorry you missed out. :D

2. There were i think 2 or 3 people who I emailed, and never got a responce from. B)

3. I will place the last of the bronze coins in Pirates Tomb Cache in April! Sorry, not dropping $30 worth of silver booty in... :lol:

4. OH So Sorry that I am not Minting them.:P....low production, hand made in my basement doesn't permit.....casting will have to do!  ;)

5. Currrent status. Yea Ok, I did get a little behind in the holidays, but casting is done, I am in the final polishing and numbering stage...any luck, mailing will be next week.B)...or the one after.

6. I did do a slight over run...looks like final number will be 25 of these in 925. They're may be 2 or 3 left after the paid for orders. And Sorry, but I am giving in to capitolism, and am going to try to recoup by losses by selling the last few on ebay.. B) .yea, I know that is lame, but the cost went a bit over what was expected, and believe me, I am not getting rich here. So you few that missed out, watch ebay and we will see what the selling price will be.:unsure:

PS

The quahog is now discontinued..B)..I think.....always possible to make a reappearence sometime, but is not anticipated.

So yes that means there is a new design in the works. Some will be available on ebay, some will be available in local caches...imagine THAT!....in Newport RI!!! :blink:

Did you read this? B)

5. Currrent status. Yea Ok, I did get a little behind in the holidays, but casting is done, I am in the final polishing and numbering stage...any luck, mailing will be next week....or the one after.

Edited by Parrolet

well the day has finally come. After the trimuph of victory, and the agony of defeat, I have sucessfully and finally completed the grueling task of hand making 24 sterling silver Team [D]22 Quahog GeoCoins. I will never do that again. A few at a time is one thing, but 24 in one shot was a killer. I hope yous that ordered them will enjoy them, and remember that they are hand made, and there were a few flaws, but hey, they are hand made! They will be shipped this 13th day of Feb, only about a month late! A few obstacles had to be overcome, but thanks for bearing with me. The mere $32 that were paid for them seems to be a way underestimate on my part, but I ended up with a few extra that I am selling on Ebay to help my recoup my loses. I think there are 3 left, one up now, the other 2 to follow, so if you missed out, there are 3 chances left. And for you folks that paid $32, I have already sold one on Ebay for $135 so you know what they might just go for.

This makes the retirement of this coin....so yes, soon my new design will showup. Will not be doing any bulk castings like this one of 24, but a few here and there. They will be offered on Ebay, and for every one sold, another will be placed in a cache! Imagine that. I suspect 2 varieties, one in sterling, one in bronze. Overall numbers over the next 2 years are so will stop at 42 bronze, and 22 in sterling.

Thanks,

[D]22

Of course you know to have the complete set, you need the original in pewter, 2nd version in bronze, and final insterling....that will be know as the 925 version as they are numbered, 925-?? . The pewter were not numbered, and the bronze were dated 2005 and a number. I only know of one person that will now have a 3 set, but maybe there are more...

Oh and one more bit of trivia to throw out to you quahog coiners...the last of the 925 run is #23....how can that be? Well as things go in the world of handmades, I mucked up and made 2 of one of the numbers. But I will never tell which one there are 2 of, but uniqueness makes them more valuable! All I will say is that it is not #1, and it is not #23...hahahahahaha

Of course you know to have the complete set, you need the original in pewter, 2nd version in bronze, and final insterling....that will be know as the 925 version as they are numbered, 925-?? . The pewter were not numbered, and the bronze were dated 2005 and a number. I only know of one person that will now have a 3 set, but maybe there are more...

Oh and one more bit of trivia to throw out to you quahog coiners...the last of the 925 run is #23....how can that be? Well as things go in the world of handmades, I mucked up and made 2 of one of the numbers. But I will never tell which one there are 2 of, but uniqueness makes them more valuable! All I will say is that it is not #1, and it is not #23...hahahahahaha

.....hahaha.......I LIKE this guy!