Well I Hope You All Get A Good Laugh..

rutson

<KTFROG> 155. who is the gayest geocacher in the village?

<KTFROG> Here's a hint, ru____

<rutson> rutson

<rutson> ????????

<KTFROG> Winner: beginner rutson Answer: rutson Time: 17.435 Streak: 1 Points: 102 WPM: 4 Rank: 4th

Tee hee flipping (substitute any other word beginning with F here) hee.

Do you not all think I've had a bad enough day?

Well you all laugh, I'm now GLAD I have to go back to Germany on Thursday if this is the depths UK geocaching is sinking to.

To lose a GPS and have my sexuality questioned in public in one day is just too much.

I can NOW understand why people are quitting caching.

Edited by rutson

Will do.

There is a UK geocacaching chat room and attached to this there is a quiz room. A 'bot' asks a question every minute or so and you get points for getting the answers correct. Whoever set this bot up can add their own questions (AIUI) apart from the normal trivia.

Someone thought it was amusing to set the question in the quote in my original post.

That person has since said it was a 'throw away comment", but in my opinion, 'throw away comments' are made off the cuff, not by programming bots to do it for you.

Now, insults against me I can take, especially to my face. However, questioning my sexuality is questioning the basis for my very happy marriage and therefore insulting my wife and my children.

Insulting THEM is a step too far, I do not take kindly to it, especially from someone that I do not know hiding behind a bot.

Edited by rutson

How sad Rutson.

Being involved in the promotion of the chat room I am really upset that this has happened. Knowing the jovial tone of the chat room which I know you have personally enjoyed I am convinced that this was meant in jest.

However I agree that the end result is juvenile and offensive. I don't know who has access to the programming of the quiz bot but I will discuss this with Stuart. In the meantime I appeal to the culprit to own up and apologise to Rutson immediately.

I hope above all else that you won't stop dropping in - you would be sorely missed.

Simon

I've visited the Chatroom and have taken part in the Quiz occasionally. There's a lot of friendly banter between folks and some of it can be a bit "edgy" at times but, as far as I could tell, that's usually been between friends who know each other very well and know what they can get away with as a "joke".

In this case someone has misjudged a "joke" and caused offence. I hope an apology will be offered to Rutson and I hope he'll feel able to accept it and move on....to Germany....then back again to the Chatroom :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you'd lost your GPSr :D perhaps Father Christmas will bring you and even better one.

Mrs B

Blimey, wish I woke up sooner to dodge this bullet!

It was my fault, myself and rutson were battling in the geoquiz room for the top spot, and lost_it was inserting the odd personal question, so I suggested that one to him. When the question came up, the actual answer was "LordElph" which everyone found amusing :D

Looks like the question remained to pop up long after "the moment" had passed.

It was never meant to cause such offence, so my sincere apologies to a clearly stressed out Ian, who will no doubt find himself several pints the richer when I bump into him next :rolleyes:

Sorry that you have taken such offence Rutson.

I think it was just a joke, in fact in the village I live in, several of the most virile (married with kids) guys in the neighbouring streets often compete and banter about being the "only gay in the village" and I think they are just having a laugh at the character from the tv show, nothing more, nothing less.

However, it seems to have caught you on a bad day. I'd suggest that you just let it ride ... I was flattered when the "bot" made a question where the obnvious answer was me ... and if you were there you'll know it wasn't something that would be funny after the moment!

I'd accept the apology, the offer of beer and wish you a safe trip :rolleyes:

If I might add my 2 penneth worth here; the way I feel about this is that we are all different and if you really do not know the person involved then DON'T offend them.

I myself would never get offended by anything so KTFROG can ask anything about me!

I'm with Rutson on this point, I think an apology might be in order!

Milton

I myself would never get offended by anything so KTFROG can ask anything about me!

[rolleyes

B) Careful!... You might initiate a "Get At Moote" evening :rolleyes: ....Just how thick-skinned are youlolhuh: :D Mrs B

Let KTFROG start the Moote slating! I'm sure my my usual wit can cope with an inanimate bot!!

Bud Lightbeer: Thanks, will give it a go over lunch if the network lets me.

Yeah come on in Bud and we can discuss the latest adventures of Chugga Chugga Choo Choo TB. He's still overseas where you left him! Liane :D

Hey Rutson, at least we got some more promotion for the chat room - always look on the bright side B)B):rolleyes:

Edited by The Cache Hoppers