Jeep Tb's

dmrodco

So why are these being stolen as fast as they get put in a cache? I have found no less that 3 in the last 2 weeks that have been placed in a cache and are MIA not logged nothing is this how it is or are there alot of selfish folks out there ? SWEETBEE has the yellow jeep TB 1420 and has yet to log it he wrote in the log in august and has yet to log the bug under its number it makes it bad when you drives many miles only to fiund its been robbed by another cacher.

I agree that stealing Jeeps is a really dumb thing. It annoys me. I placed my first Jeep in a nice cache on the Cape. It was stolen very soon afterward.

However, have you emailed the person you called out in both the forum and in your log? IT is always better to try and solve the problem personally first. The person you mention obviously had no intentions on stealing it or would have Wrote it in the online log. Plus, he/she has only done one cache since then so he might have very legitimate reasons for not logging (maybe they went on a trip and mistakenly left the Jeep at home, health problems, lost the Jeep) jsut email him. Maybe you can even arrange to meet a cache have him place it and you grab it. You might even get a caching buddy out of it! :rolleyes:

So why are these being stolen as fast as they get put in a cache? I have found no less that 3 in the last 2 weeks that have been placed in a cache and are MIA not logged nothing is this how it is or are there alot of selfish folks out there ? <snip> it makes it bad when you drives many miles only to find its been robbed by another cacher.

That is the most annoying aspect of geocaching. I released a few of my own white jeeps http://www.geocaching.com/track/search.asp...cc-24df227a60a3 which I BOUGHT AT WALMART FOR $1.97(each). In part to illustrate the fact that the White Jeep contest bugs are the same as the ones you can BUT AT WALMART FOR $1.97. The first one which I placed was stolen anyway! :lol: And it was stolen from the first cache it was placed in! I have found another which I BOUGHT AT WALMART FOR $1.97 and will re-release it with the copy tag. I have no idea why someone would steal a contest (or any other)jeep TB when they can go BUY one AT WALMART FOR $1.97. What is the point of stealing a TB that can be bought at a crappy dept store for 2 bucks? (rhetorical question) Note to potential thieves: cough up the cash and buy one if you like them!

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

That is the most annoying aspect of geocaching. I released a few of my own white jeeps http://www.geocaching.com/track/search.asp...cc-24df227a60a3 which I BOUGHT AT WALMART FOR $1.97(each). In part to illustrate the fact that the White Jeep contest bugs are the same as the ones you can BUT AT WALMART FOR $1.97.  The first one which I placed was stolen anyway!  :lol: And it was stolen from the first cache it was placed in!

We also sent out a Wal-mart white jeep as a TB (White Jeep Travel Bug "Wannabe"). We didn't expect it to last very long, but it's doing suprisingly well so far. It has moved a couple of times a month every month since we released it in June. (It's had a longer life and more movement so far than some of our other bugs!)

We had a real white jeep TB which we attempted to paint for the October contest. It didn't come out as we had hoped; it was not very attractive when we were done with it. We were going to just put the tag on a new replacement jeep from walmart, but decided against it. The pristine-looking ones are more likely to get stolen, so this homely one might actually stay in circulation longer.

It's in a cache now, and I think it might stay in it for a while yet.

So why are these being stolen as fast as they get put in a cache? I have found no less that 3 in the last 2 weeks that have been placed in a cache and are MIA not logged nothing is this how it is or are there alot of selfish folks out there ? <snip> it makes it bad when you drives many miles only to find its been robbed by another cacher.

That is the most annoying aspect of geocaching. I released a few of my own white jeeps http://www.geocaching.com/track/search.asp...cc-24df227a60a3 which I BOUGHT AT WALMART FOR $1.97(each). In part to illustrate the fact that the White Jeep contest bugs are the same as the ones you can BUT AT WALMART FOR $1.97. The first one which I placed was stolen anyway! :D And it was stolen from the first cache it was placed in! I have found another which I BOUGHT AT WALMART FOR $1.97 and will re-release it with the copy tag. I have no idea why someone would steal a contest (or any other)jeep TB when they can go BUY one AT WALMART FOR $1.97. What is the point of stealing a TB that can be bought at a crappy dept store for 2 bucks? (rhetorical question) Note to potential thieves: cough up the cash and buy one if you like them!

What? These Jeeps are $5 at Canadian Walmart. That's not fair :P . Nevertheless, I've only seen a red Jeep (which I bought as a replacement for a stolen contest Jeep) and some other colour, which I can't remember at the moment.

EDIT: Haha, actually, no. The Jeep I bought for $5 looks bigger. I've never seen the actual contest white or yellow Jeep in person, so I wasn't sure about its size... :D

Edited by Thrasher22

The first one I foud was actually not listed in the description. IT showed on the site as having a wjtb in it, so we went for a nice drive and got it. It was one of the first in the area, then they started showing up all over the place. The note attached to it asked that who ever found it not log it in the cache to avoid it being stolen, and it seems to have worked for it is still out there traveling around. The other units I found, I did the same kind of tactic and so far all of them have not turned up missing. Sorry there are so many turds out there that like to wreck things.