Amateur Radio Repeater Sites

Would like to suggest amateur radio repeater sites as a Waymarking category. Waymarks would include the repeater sites, frequency, PL tone, etc. in the posting. This would be a really cool thing to be able to always find the closest repeater to your present position.

Would like to suggest amateur radio repeater sites as a Waymarking category. Waymarks would include the repeater sites, frequency, PL tone, etc. in the posting. This would be a really cool thing to be able to always find the closest repeater to your present position.

Bumping this category up because I think it would be a very valuable resource to have available. I would probably keep a downloaded list in my PDA if this category were available.

73, Marky KI6AZF

If we were really clever, we could include antenna and transmitter data in the listing so a palm-ish application could be written to tell you the nearest repeater site both geographically (miles) and RF-ically (milliwatts). That would be totally cool.

This also solves the driving-down-the-road-and-need-a-repeater problem. You put in your coordinates, it gives you the repeater data back. Great application for emergency services.

Clay

(N5CLJ)