Need Help And Guidance

Charlie777

I have in my possession from a cache today what I believe to be a geocoin. It has on one side: 2004, then the picture of the State of Washington, with the geocaching symbol inside the state, says "Home of Geocaching World Headquarters" around the top circle of the coin, and www.geocaching.com around the bottom circle of the coin. It also has a number under the picture of the state: WS 0353. On the other side is a picture of mountains, and it says Washington, the Evergreen State. Is this a Geocoin? Is it considered a "US Geocoin." How and where do I track it? Someone from another forum once told me that you treat it just like a travel bug and log it that way, but when I put in as WS 0353, I get a message saying something like "this travel bug does not exist." Can someone please help? Thanks.

Edited by Charlie777

I was also wondering about that. A while back I had a coin that I logged my 'grab and drop-off' of at their website... however, how was I to show that this geocoin was now in a cache, ready to continue its travels? I couldn't figure out how to make it show on geocaching.com.:rolleyes:

How do some of the geocoins get listed? And when those are found, where do I list my grab and drop-off? And, is there a way (on geocaching.com) for me to track them just to see where they've been?

If I were to custom make a coin, what are the stipulations to make it trackable?:blink: