Other Sports You Do Or Like !

Hey there I do a sport called Parkour Info about Parkour

I have been doing it for almost a year !!!

The sport is as adictive as Geocaching (Belive it or not) you may of watched the programe's about It on Channel 4 called "Jump London" and "Jump Britain"

Here is an Parkour based advert that was on the BBC BBC Advert Below are some Pictures of me :D

mevaulting6zp.jpg

Me Vaulting Off Big a** Slide

mevaulting20cn.jpg

Me Vaulting Off Big a** Slide Again

medoingaspeedvault6nk.jpg

Me Doing a Speed Vault

medoingakong4bg.jpg

Me Doing a Kong on Low Wall (Hard!!)

Here are some more videos by Urbanfreeflow

PKUK - Parkour Rama

Clicky Clicky

PKUK Day 2

Clicky Clicky

PKUK Day 3

Clicky Clicky

PKUK Day 5

Clicky Clicky

PK7

Clicky Clicky

Breakfast

Clicky Clicky

Guerilla's in the mist

Clicky Clicky

Urban Freeflow summer preview 2004:

Clicky Clicky

No secrets - a gym session:

Clicky Clicky

Motion 1.0:

Clicky Clicky

Karate

I also do Shotokhan karate along side Jill,Graham & Robert aka Jolly Green Giants we are taught mostly By Sensei Wellington aka Sensei TSKC I do karate 4 times a week and would say Im fairly good at The sport at the moment I am a red belt (8th kyu) I realy enjoy the sport and will do it it for many years to come :D

Enough about me and my sport lets here abot yours!!

Edited by Da Rubber Chicken

I saw Jump London and Jump Britain - it looks very exciting and I'd have been interested 25 years ago.

Last time I took up a sport from watching telly was Kitesurfing in 1999 - when, probably 20 people in the UK did it. Promptly had kids and never had time to carry on, but it was cool for a while - I need to get my gear on ebay!

Potholing - kids have stopped it and frankly I wasn't encouraged - I had a spoken agreement with my wife to tell her I was mountainbiking all day whenever I went so she didn't worry about me. These days I only go a couple of times a year, usually when the group I used to go with need a fat bloke along to give newbies some confidence.

Mountain Biking - probably the only other sport that I do these days and I couldn't last all day any more. I used to race sports class but those days are long gone.

Nothing quite as avant garde as Parkour, but these and others kept me busy until the kids took over.

Adrian

Interesting - but stoopid!

Reminds me of my younger days when, working on Her Majesty's Buccaneers (Atom Bombers), I used to think nothing of jumping down from the wings to the concrete, a good 16 - 20 foot drop, as a short cut to the toolbox. It was a lot quicker than walking 20 feet up the wing, another 20 feet up the spine to the side of the cockpit, down the access ladder, over to the kit.... blah, blah.

Now in my mid-50's, nice shiney X-ray photos of my hip joints show the signs of my youthful impatiences and impetuousness, there's plenty of excessive wear and damage.

It did seem such jolly good fun at the time...

...seeya in 40 years time DRC.

Edited by Sue and Bernie

:ph34r: Hey Da rubber - you're no chicken!

I have been discouraging my 14yr old son Ed from extreme parkour (anything over 5ft high) for purely selfish reasons I don't think you can understand until you become a parent. I thought geocaching was an exciting twist to an afternoon stroll until he realised all the extreme approaches we could take:

in the dark

timed

'as the crow flies'

off roading in a jeep

on a mountian board......

Thankfully he is determined to stay on the right side of the law. I just hope my nerves survive.

Jo

I thought geocaching was an exciting twist to an afternoon stroll until he realised all the extreme approaches we could take:

in the dark

timed

'as the crow flies'

off roading in a jeep

on a mountian board......

Thankfully he is determined to stay on the right side of the law. I just hope my nerves survive.

Jo

I would like to comment about your reference as OFF ROADING being on the WRONG side of the law!

I wish that the moderators would place a link at the top of the Forum, which clearly states that if caches are left on or near a RUPP's, by way's or unclassified roads with vehicle access, then they can be LEGALLY approached by those who use off road vehicles.

Off roading is certainly within the law! and if anyone thinks otherwise, then they are in for a VERY big surprise!

Impressive. Most impressive...

My thing is canoeing/camping. I like to combine the 2 if possible.

:ph34r: Do you buy special long, thin tents to fit in the canoes?

I particularly enjoy Free Climbing. Not a weekend passes without finding me, clad in red lycra, halfway up the side of a precipice clinging to the rock face with my 2" long french manicured nails. It's very exhilarating - the only draw-back is having to wear open-toed sandals all year to leave room for those toe nails.

Mrs B :lol:

I just love watching Free Running/ Parkour, particularly good in Paris last year. Far too old to to do it now, and would have been useless even at my 'peak'. Couldn't even walk along a wall without falling off.

Sports now are skiing, white water rafting, kayaking, a bit of sailing. Nothing competitve though, never been into football etc.

I got 'arrested' for Pakour (though it wasn't called that then) in my early teens very close to this cache. The nearby healthcentre had a superb route all the way around!! :rolleyes::P Thankfully we were all let off, after being collected from the local police station by our parents ... but that didn't stop us from then Pakour-ing nearly every flat roof/wall or building in the town centre!

... ahhh the memories!! :)

M&Ms comment reminds me of all the mad things we used to do when into climbing. One of our lot spotted a great looking traverse on the wall opposite... er. it was the wall of Leicester Prison, with obvious consequences! We had a climbing route on the back wall of out house... jusy chip out a bit of mortar here and there... if you used windowsills and door frame it was only a V Diff.

I also used to go ice climbing and play hockey (not at the same time). These days the only sport I do is a bit of gentle mountainbiking (non competative) and I play squash.

ah yes, and there is also pool, darts, bar billiards, cribbage and the other finer sports in life... :rolleyes:

From a few years ago (well, 25 :anitongue: ) - although I do still have all the gear ready for the occasional climb:

memlane2_small.jpg

imposs-slab-2-81_small.jpg

There seem to be many ex-rock climbers in geocaching - oddly enough there are strong similarities, so it's not so surprising. No doubt several will recognise the routes in the photos straight away!

HH

Edited by Happy Humphrey
Hey Nobby.Nobbs....

Go to Google and type French Military Victories then click the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button...

hahaha :lol:

well it is an oxymoron after all!

the only country that could loose a civil war. :lol:

bot, sports i like to do.....used to play car snooker! stop check a red car then stop check a colour then red and so on. see how many points you all had after a night shift!!! :lol:

bot, sports i like to do.....used to play car snooker! stop check a red car then stop check a colour then red and so on. see how many points you all had after a night shift!!! :lol:

No wonder my black Fiesta was always getting pulled over at night! Explains why the white cavalier never got pulled up... :lol::lol::lol:

Archer4,
<in-joke> that bottom slab looks impossible though </in-joke>

You're right, of course, but have you "forgotten" :lol: what the other one is?

HH

Ah, thank you for that trip down <becoming irritating by now in-joke> memory lane </becoming irritating by now in-joke> :lol::lol:

I wonder how many 40 something ex-climbing cachers with children find themselves dusting the kit off. We roped up our 6y old for an excellent 5/5 at Froggatt and he's very keen having bouldered about a bit afterwards...

Edited by Archer4

Certain members of the incredible team are more active than others.

Dash & Jac Jac do karate, rock climbing, swimming, football and Jac Jac is a potential fell runner in training.

Mr Incredible does rock climbing, gliding and swimming.

Mrs I - does as little as possible apart from wine tasting the offers in Asda everyweek

Carol

x

editted for spelling

Edited by Team Incredible

i now play..........'thong' snooker much more worth while. :P

enjoy

B.

the rules for this i have to hear!!! when is the next game? can i join?!!! :lol:

Rules are simple.

You score 1 for spotting a red

2 for a yellow etc

all the way up to 7 for a black

4 away for spotting a white.

The really competitive go for the red, colour, red, colour version and your break ends when you spot a white.

We both like kiting. I just bought James a power kite for his birthday, if you see a man being dragged across a field in the Berkshire area, that could be him. I like kiting because it covers the whole spectrum from high-adrenalin scary stunt kites, to very peaceful pretty sky-decorations. And it's fun to make your own.

I used to do shotokan karate when I was at University, I got to 3rd kyu (brown belt). I haven't trained for years though.... thought about taking it up again, but I have too many things battling for my time and attention!

Mich

Edited by Another Mr Lizard

"Hamster baiting" ......

Sadly, following the demise of bear and badger baiting , the pseudo ban of fox hunting, and deer hunting.... all that remains is Hamster baiting .... I have a pair of hamsters who have savaged more than 100 opponents and I train them daily in readiness for their big day on Sunday .. I've been using ferrets to toughen them up , but have had to move on to Jack Russels... wasnt fair on the ferrets :lol:

see Channel 4 for "hamster challenge" Thursdays 02:20 am.