Micro Logs

Ok..I have seen them someplace on this forum! Now that I need them, I am going blind from searching!! I need a micro log and a micro "Geocahce..please read" form. I need the size that would fit into a 35mm or small magnetic. Everyone seems to be using the same ones, I just must be overlooking them! Show me the way, send me the coordinates or justpoint me in the right direction! Thanks in advance for the help! :D

Edited by ATV Trail Girl

I don't have the location off the top of my head, but do have a suggestion your finders will appreciate!

Take a gem clip or other piece of small stiff straight wire and clip it off such that it's just short enough to fit in the micro but where when opened the wire can be grabbed.

At one end, the end the finder will see when they open the cache, bend it 90°. Glue this piece of wire across the top of your paper cache log and note.

Now you have a handle that the finder can use to pull the papers from the micro that also functions as a spindle around which they can tightly roll the papers to put them back neatly in the cache!

I hate digging around with a pen or knife-point trying to drag a log out of a micro! This is a much more elegant solution.

Have fun!

Ed

A 2" roll of plain cash register tape will make a lifetime of log material. It will fit full width in most pill bottles, and can easily be slit or cut in half for film cans. If you do a LOT of film cans, just cut a whole roll in half on a band saw (very fine tooth).

The paper clip hint is excellent, or use a round toothpick and a tiny smear of Elmer's.

Oh, and a stack of three short sheets is much easier to roll/unroll than a single sheet three times as long.