The Lowracer Geocoin

Hugh Jazz

Thinking about making a coin for my old gc.com (and current tc.com) account, "lowracer." Lowracer account had 500+ finds and around 80 hides when I retired it from GC.com.

Something kinda like this:

lowracercoinrev07er.jpg

Though the design could change slightly depending on what the coin maker can/can't do with 3d image texturing. Individually numbered but not trackable as this is basically a sig/trade item, not a traveler. Probably won't do a run larger than 300 total of these due to costs and the fact that my wife will need to find a very large place to stash my body after she's done killing me for spending $1K on geocoins.

Would there be any interest? These will be of the same material and quality as the ladycacher coins, I was impressed by the workmanship and quality on those.

Don't worry, a Hugh Jazz coin is in the works.

Thanks for the responses!

I am going forward with this project. The artwork/wording is going to change slightly to commemorate my 4-year caching anniversary (early 2006) and the coin makers *can* do a 3-d engraving right on the die, front and back. These will be in Antique Bronze color and an individually serial-numbered run of 100, a subset of which will be made available to the caching public on an ordering website (yet to be announced) and the rest will be distributed randomly in caches (as sig items) around the country as I travel for my day job.

-mark

aka lowracer, Hugh Jazz, Judy_Jetson, Dr. Vile, and a host of others too numerous to mention.

These will be in Antique Bronze color and an individually serial-numbered run of 100, a subset of which will be made available to the caching public on an ordering website (yet to be announced) and the rest will be distributed randomly in caches (as sig items) around the country as I travel for my day job.

Does this mean you won't be trading for other personal coins?

:rolleyes::D

Does this mean you won't be trading for other personal coins?

<_<  <_<

I might do some trading but I'm trying real hard not to start a 'collection.' Mainly I'm hoping to get these out into the caching field to put a little bit back into the hobby that has given me so much enjoyment (and grief) over the last four years. I travel the USA quite frequently so chances are you will find a lowracer geocoin in a cache near you. Of course everyone will have a shot at pre-ordering them off the website for whatever they cost me plus shipping.

This is the lastest artwork I've submitted. We'll see if it can all fit, and I'll post updated artwork later after I hear back from the coin maker:

lowracercoinrevb6gl.jpg

Edited by Hugh Jazz

After consulting with the coin manufacturer and due to the overwhelming email demand for this coin from clubs and individuals alike, I have decided to order 250 of these in Antique Bronze. I will also have a limited edition of 50 coins struck in Antique Silver, which will not be available for preordering, but which you may find in a geocache near you, should you venture out to find a cache someday with one in it. Oh and my Mom will probably get one without having to look for a cache (hi Mom!).

This coin will be the first geocoin (as far as I know)...

...to mention an alternate caching site.

...to use a cacher's very own ugly mug for the artwork.

...to feature an uber-geeky recumbent bicycle (the rare, very fast and tres expensive M5 lowracer).

In the interests of 'full disclosure,' After this run of 300 individually numbered (but not trackable) coins, the dies will be broken or disfigured in such a way as to prevent minting another batch. Chances are good you'll find the broken dies up for auction online somewhere (not saying the name of the site but it rhymes with D-Day).

A website link will be available in a few days for your pre-ordering convenience.

Cache on...

-mark

lowracercoinrevb6gl.jpg

Edited by Hugh Jazz