South Carolina Geocoin

CoyoteRed

Okay, update.

The design is, in fact, changing slightly to accommodate the tooling process. Nothing significant.

Got some figures back on the price of the fine silver. We're able to offer these at $25.99 each. Shipping is still USPS, but the price includes insurance. Same deal goes on the shipping prices. These are available to order on the site, right now.

I can't say for certain, but we're thinking we're not going to purchase any extra fine silver coins. Considering tooling and the sample is going to be 2 to 3 weeks, that's all you got to get your order in. Better hurry!

Thanks all!

Got some figures back on the price of the fine silver. 

...<snip>

...we're thinking we're not going to purchase any extra fine silver coins.

I like the way that reads...

Just the regular "fine silver" coins are being ordered :lol::(

:rolleyes:

Now, on the other hand, maybe some extra-extra-fine silver coins. Just maybe.

I called the mint yesterday to see where production stands.

The dies should be complete and a proof made Monday or Tuesday. I'll be looking for the coin in the mail by the end of next week.

If the proof is correct the order will be placed right away.

So are both coins still selling? If so when will the sale close? How many of each will be minted?

I called the mint yesterday to see where production stands.

The dies should be complete and a proof made Monday or Tuesday.  I'll be looking for the coin in the mail by the end of next week.

If the proof is correct the order will be placed right away.

So are both coins still selling? If so when will the sale close? How many of each will be minted?

Both coins are still selling. Sales will close when all of the extras, if any, are sold. Don't know the exact figures of each, but already sold are 900+ nickle and 50+ fine silver.

Well folks, this is unbelievable. Anyone who has been sending me email through my gc.com account, which is sent to a gmail account, has not been getting through.

I profusely appologize.

I had the account set to foward the emails to my personal account at home so I'd have a copy saved on gmail. Folks rarely ever tried contacting me through that account so I didn't really think I was getting any fewer messages.

But, lo and behold, I log on and there are plenty of emails I didn't recognize! Gmail had, for whatever reason, turned off forwarding!

"Not pleased" is an understatement of how I'm feeling. I pride myself in having better consumer service skills than that!

Again, I appologize and am working through the list.

Thanks for understanding.

Well folks, this is unbelievable. Anyone who has been sending me email through my gc.com account, which is sent to a gmail account, has not been getting through.

I profusely appologize.

I had the account set to foward the emails to my personal account at home so I'd have a copy saved on gmail. Folks rarely ever tried contacting me through that account so I didn't really think I was getting any fewer messages.

But, lo and behold, I log on and there are plenty of emails I didn't recognize! Gmail had, for whatever reason, turned off forwarding!

"Not pleased" is an understatement of how I'm feeling. I pride myself in having better consumer service skills than that!

Again, I appologize and am working through the list.

Thanks for understanding.

I was wondering why you weren't answering your email. That's why I decided to post my questions here.

I guess you have lots of reading to do. ;)

OK folks, finally got in the samples. I'm finding it's pretty hard to get a decent image with a $100 camera, no tripod, crappy lights, and a shiny object, but here are my attempts:

c629f74a-764e-4565-8d7d-8aa84052072a.jpg

f7c3b043-7946-48fd-875b-ac51e04d2fda.jpg

You can see larger versions here and here. The nickel silver is on the left, the fine silver in on the right. Looks like you can tell a difference between the two afer all. The fine silver is much brighter.

That's the good news.

The bad news is in the package was a note telling me when the mint will be closed for "Winter Vacation"--Dec 21 through Jan 3. We had a decision to make. We can either get the order in tomorrow or allow for another 2 weeks of ordering and put it in on the 4th. The difference would only be two business days.

In the interest of folks who want a coin and were waiting to see a picture of the coin, we're waiting the 2 weeks.

Come early on the Fourth of January though ordering for the coins will close until further notice and remain so at least until all of the, then, current orders are filled.

Thanks!

If anyone has emailed me looking for a response to some query in the past couple of weeks and never got a response--first, I apologize--second, email me again.

I had to leave town on a family emergency with 2 hours notice and as you can imagine posting updates was the last thing on my mind. I have an automated spam removal program and I always check it for good emails, but the system cycled while I was gone.

So, I'm not ignoring you.

Yes, the coins got ordered.

I'll post appropriate updates as I whittle down my work load.

Latest update:

I spoke with the mint yesterday and they let me know the reason they were dragging their feet. The design is more complex than they originally thought and as a result in order to get the level of detailed required they are having to strike each coin 6 times. The extra labor is pushing the delivery back at each step.

The fine silver was ready to ship yesterday and a batch of the nickel is supposed to go out on Friday. As soon as they come in, we'll start getting them out!

Thanks everyone for your patience on this matter.

This there on updeate on the nickel silver coins?

Sissy is visiting her sister in NY, but we've had the first batch of coins sent to her. She's fulfilling orders even while on vacation! The batch arrived yesterday and I can see from the shipping program she has been doing a bunch of mailings. (She's purchased $100 worth of postage so far!)

I just spoke with her and she has already gotten those coins processed! The first 42 orders are being taken to the post office today.

Now, according to the mint, the rest of the order should be ready to ship in about a week. So, sometime week after next will see the remainder of the orders go out.

Just wondering if everyone's backside's of their coins were minted upsidedown. If I look at the front right side up and then turn the coin over, the tree and text are upsidedown.

:lol:

Turn it over top to bottom like a real coin. US coin that is. Considering it represents a US state I figured it should be made like a US coin.

Medallions and tokens you flip left to right. I'm told Canadian coins flip left to right, as well.