South Carolina Geocoin

CoyoteRed

As a reminder, the mint said the coins have more detail than anticipated and has caused production to take longer. The second batch ships from the mint today. We will have them in hand, most likely, Monday. Sissy will be enroute back home starting Sunday. ETA here is Monday sometime. Don't know how tired she will be, but I picture the next batch from us will be in the mail no later than Wednesday.

Hi folks...

Sorry for the non-responsiveness on my part here. These coins were supposed to be here and shipped before I went on vacation. I put the vacation off for a month just for this reason. Imagine my disappointment when I found out the #@$#@ mint would be closed for 2 weeks!

So, I packed up my computer and printer, co-opted my nephew's desk and spent one day of my time on LI, NY, shipping coins. I will say that the lady at the post office in Ridge NY is one of the nicest I have dealt with! This also explains why folks in NY got their coins quickly.

While I was up there, I had access to my incoming e-mail, but my shack-up bro-in-law couldn't figure out how to network my pc in a way to allow for e-mailing out. And CR does all that stuff here, so I am useless. I needed a map just to connect all the parts of my computer back together!

The second batch of coins came in yesterday. We are still waiting for the rest. I got home around 5pm and had been driving all day (My parents think having a personal driver for their 40' RV and towed car is the bomb!) I was too tired to concentrate, so I just wrapped them last night. Most were packaged up and sent today, and the rest will be sent tomorrow. I do not know when the next batch is due to be sent from the mint.

Where does your order stand?

Rather than one person doing a lot of work (me), a lot of people can do a little work (ya'll). Check the date and time of your paypal order. If it was placed before 18:17PST on Nov 6, 2005, it is on the way. If it was placed after that time, I do not have enough coins yet to fill your order.

Extra postage:

Those who ordered one coin underpaid by $.03, two coins overpaid by .19, three coins by .36-.55, depending on how you ordered and whether or not you got insurance. And so forth...

I originally planned to refund thruough paypal anyone who wanted the difference. Unfortunately, paypal only holds this option available for 60 days. If I use the send money option, not only do I not get part of the fee back, but paypal will take another cut. I think they will take all of it if it is less than .40, but I have never tried it. Either way, for amounts overpaid that are under $1., the funds will be used for the SCGA unless you e-mail me at scsissy @ sc.rr.com (no spaces).

Anyone who overpaid by more than $1 will be getting an e-mail about it. If you do not get an e-mail, it was less than $1.

Hope this helps clear things up!

And btw, if you look at my profile and read my latest logs, you will see what else I did in NY!

Sissy

Well folks, I am back at it again. The mint sent 300 coins yesterday, and I have packaged to mail all but about 25 of them. I will take care of them as soon as I get home from work tomorrow.

If you placed your order before 14:04PST Nov 8, 2005, yours are on the way. Check your paypal transaction receipt for this info. I have 45 packages that will be mailed tomorrow.

The mint should be sending the next batch next week.

I know that this seems to be dragging out forever....but it is not due to foot-dragging on our part. When we get a shipment from the mint, every coin is dispatched within two days of its arrival here.

Please continue to be patient, I promise we are getting them to you as fast as the mint is getting them to us!

Sissy

Well folks, I am back at it again. The mint sent 300 coins yesterday, and I have packaged to mail all but about 25 of them. I will take care of them as soon as I get home from work tomorrow.

If you placed your order before 14:04PST Nov 8, 2005, yours are on the way. Check your paypal transaction receipt for this info. I have 45 packages that will be mailed tomorrow.

I know that this seems to be dragging out forever....but it is not due to foot-dragging on our part. When we get a shipment from the mint, every coin is dispatched within two days of its arrival here.

Please continue to be patient, I promise we are getting them to you as fast as the mint is getting them to us!

Sissy

Not trying to be rude or hateful here, but why are the coins coming in batches??? And why did we order/pay in November to still be waiting in February????

Sissy

Not trying to be rude or hateful here, but why are the coins coming in batches??? And why did we order/pay in November to still be waiting in February????

So far, this is the longest wait for any coin I have ever ordered. :mad:

Batches

I was able to talk them into sending them in batches so we could start getting them out. The alternative would be to wait until they all were done and send them out all at once.

Long wait

The mint we used doesn't typically put color on coins as coins are rarely colored. (This being different from medallions.) Additionally, the detail on the palmetto side is much more complex than they originally thought pushing back production time considerably. They're striking the coin 6 times to get it right. Quality assurance is also pushing the time back. If a coin it not up to standards it is re-minted. Still, in order to get the order out, they are not holding a batch on a missing coin. That number coin is re-minted and sent later.

Believe me, we're as frustrated as anyone. We expected this to be complete before the holidays. However, the delivery situation is beyond our control and we're doing everything we can to speed it up.

If anyone wants a refund, email their receipt to scsissy (at) sc.rr.com and their coins have not yet shipped we will refund your funds with our appologies.

As always, thanks for your patience.

I have been working on getting your coins out non-stop since I got home from work today. I made a quick trip to the post office with what was ready about two minutes before closing time. Then came home and got more ready to go out tomorrow. And I still am not done! But it is getting late, and I have run out of the little forms for insurance and one type of envelope that I use, so I am calling it a night.

If you placed your order before Nov. 23 at 13:42PST, yours either went out today or will go out first thing tomorrow. I am hoping to get the rest of them finished over the next two days.

I will keep you posted.

Sissy

Got mine today also!

I agree with "cazray and Mrs.caz", good packaging of the coins!

Thanks! :P

D-man :P

PS: Also got most of a finished crossword puzzle from The Post and Courier from Jan 5th. And the Top Ten Fiction Novels for that week!!

The wife wants to know if that Love Seat from the ad on page 6 is still going on? :P

B)B)

Got most of the orders packaged today. I will make a quick trip to the post office in the morning with all orders placed before Jan 7, 2006. I have the day off from work tomorrow, so I should be able to get the rest packaged up and to the post office by noon.

And D-man, you wouldn't want that loveseat, I heard their dog wee-wee'ed on it!

Sissy

All of the orders have gone out today! Whoohoo!

I want to thank everyone for their extreme patience. I know it's been trying on mine.

That being said, we now know how many we have left and are opening sales back up.

Please understand, we don't have a way to throttle sales. We will be keeping a close eye on the number sold and when they are all gone we will pull the page. If there is any over selling we'll have to refund your money. Please understand, there is no gaurantee that if your order goes through that it will not be refunded because of limited quantities available. It's first come, first serve. You will not lose an money if your order comes too late.

Thanks!

Sissy & CR - We received our goins today...truly beautiful - you did a wonderful job, and the

packaging was "over the top" ;) It took a lot of effort, time and just plain hard work to design, produce, and distribute these coins...and we thank you very much!

Regards,

2Wheel'in & MooseMaMa

Edited by 2Wheel'in

Sissy & CR - We received our goins today...truly beautiful - you did a wonderful job, and the

packaging was "over the top" ;) It took a lot of effort, time and just plain hard work to design, produce, and distribute these coins...and we thank you very much!

Regards,

2Wheel'in & MooseMaMa

Thank you very much. That means a lot to us and is very much appreciated.

Update: I doubt very seriously there will be any more of this coin with a color fill regardless of material.

I got an update from the manufacturer stating they grossly under estimated the production costs of this coin. I was told on the next order there will be an approximately $7.00 increase in the cost of the coin. That's just too darn expensive.

We have a few left if anyone is interested. Yes, contrary to what it says on eBay, they are not sold out.