South Carolina Geocoin

CoyoteRed

Well, the artwork issue has been resolved, but monies to have the dies created have come up short and our little enterprise has such short profits that I've decided to go ahead and start taking orders.

So that there is no doubt, you are at this time ordering on future coins. As soon as we have enough orders to create the dies they will be created. As soon as the sample coin is approved, the coins will be ordered. These are going to be ordered from Pressed Metals. Dies and the sample coin should take about 1.5 to 2.5 weeks and then the full order will be about 2.5 to 3 weeks according to their website. The big variable is getting enough orders to start the process. When that happens depends on how quickly the orders come in.

Two issues with pre-ordering. One is the shipping charges. We've had to guess at the amount to charge for shipping. We'll stand behind the charge for those who order, but when the coin comes in we might have to adjust for all future orders.

The other issue is the fact that pre-ordering is the only way to be guaranteed of getting coins. Once we place our coin order there will be a limited number of extras. Once they are gone, they are gone! Future coins, if they are made, will be at least slightly different.

The link to the order page: SC geocoing order page.

Thanks!

EDIT: To answer some of the below queries, these coins are not trackable, only serialized.

Send your queries about shipping outside the U.S. to scsissy (at) sc.rr.com.

Edited by CoyoteRed
I'm a little disappointed. Should have made it trackable with an icon. How many are being minted??

Sorry about that.

Don't know exactly how many yet. 500 minimum most likely. Will probably depend on the number of orders going in and then just add a few extras. Probably won't want to order too many extras and have that much money tied up in inventory.

Send an eMail becuase of shipping to Germany.....  :ph34r:

When did you send the email? I haven't gotten it yet. Nevermind, I just got it. Forwarding to Sissy...

The best email address to send outside-US shipping queries to is "scsissy (at) sc.rr.com"

Edited by CoyoteRed

Just a quick note-

We do not have these coins in our hot little hands yet. As such, the shipping charges are just a best guess.

If the US shipping ends up being more, you win!

We will pay the difference.

If the shipping is less, I will refund the difference back to you through paypal. I will use the least expensive method to ship them possible. Most will be going USPS first class mail. On larger orders, it might be a flat-rate priority envelope or box.

You will not be overcharged for the shipping.

Sissy

If the shipping is less, I will refund the difference back to you through paypal.

Sissy

Hopefully we can have a unanimous vote from the geocaching community that this would not be necessary. Your shipping prices seem reasonable, although you may end up having to pay more on the single coin orders. Don't forget there will also be the costs of envelopes, labels, etc. If the shipping charges paid are more than your actual shipping costs, it won't be by much and certainly not worth the hassle of going through PayPal to make the refunds. Besides, by the time PayPal takes their share of the fees, there would be nothing left anyway.

If the shipping is less, I will refund the difference back to you through paypal.

Sissy

Hopefully we can have a unanimous vote from the geocaching community that this would not be necessary. Your shipping prices seem reasonable, although you may end up having to pay more on the single coin orders. Don't forget there will also be the costs of envelopes, labels, etc. If the shipping charges paid are more than your actual shipping costs, it won't be by much and certainly not worth the hassle of going through PayPal to make the refunds. Besides, by the time PayPal takes their share of the fees, there would be nothing left anyway.

Ditto for us

Sissy

Ditto for us

Same here...

MMS

Sissy,

In the past here, the makers of the coin donated any profits from the coin sale to the local geocaching organization (in this case the GGA). Wouldn't the SCGA be a great outlet for any money made from the coin rather than trying to refund 20-25 cents per order?

I can't speak for anyone else, but your shipping charges are quite reasonable and I'd be more than happy to know any extra money taken in would go to help the state's main geocaching assocation.

Just my $.02