Letter Boxes

srt4guy

that site looks like all links and equipment. where would i put , say, a zip code to find the ones near me?

T

You can't. They don't have the functionality of this site.

Thought Letterboxing.org is the biggest listing site in the US, there are others. Letterboxingcentral.com is another.

Letterboxing is less centralized than geocaching so you will find many small, personal letterboxing sites with clues listed. Clues are also passed around outside the Internet. Remember, Letterboxing predates the Internet by over 100 years.

Letterboxing works through a map interface. You click on "clues" and you get the north america map. You click on your state, then the region you want to look for letterboxes. The boxes are listed by the city they're located in, and by name. You can also search by the name of the letterboxer, or by using a key word search. There is no zip code search, although World of Letterboxing is working on doing just that! I think their site is www.wol.com or .org or .net I'm not sure which. They have fewer boxes on their site, but I'm sure one day it will be incredible with all the functionality they're putting into it.

I hope you find some boxes, they're cool :ph34r: