Searching For Caches

Hey, you could also use Google earth to plot the caches and then plan your route from there. GC.com provides a file that you can import into Google earth and it will then pull all of the caches from GC.com and display there in Google earth (though I think this is for premium members only).

Another option is to use VeZA Route Planner, we used it a little but it was much nicer to view the caches in Google earth with the terrain images.

The final option that I can think of it to use Mapsourse (only recently started using it :ph34r: ) and if you have a GPSr cable and a laptop it make caching much, much easier :lol: Though here also you need a decent set of maps.

Happy Hunting

Part 2 QFC

You don't have to be a Premium Member to import the caches into GoogleEarth. As suggested in some of the other posts, if you have a particular area in mind, you could do a search for a cache there by name and then click on the "find all nearby caches" hypertext, or better yet, if you know the approximate co-ordinates of the area, do a search by those. That will automatically include all nearby caches.

If you are logged in, you will be able to check each cache or all of them in their check boxes. Then download them (they will be in .loc format). This file you can then import into GoogleEarth, and all the caches in the .loc file will be displayed on your map. GoogleEarth also links the markers back to the original pages on geocaching.com, so if you see a marker near where you would like to be, you can click on the marker and it will open the cache page in geocaching.com. All wonderful stuff. I hope that helps.

regards

Stef