Traveling To Atlanta - Any "must Do" Caches

panhandlephillips

Look at this cache and all nearby caches. There are 2 others near this one, though I think this one is actually gone. Still one of my favorites hundreds of finds later, it's in an old Civil War area, fascinating stuff and a quiet, peaceful walk of moderate length, I HIGHLY recommend it!

I was just down there myself last week, but was in a shirt & tie most of the time, though I did manage to grab this travel bug hotel even in dress clothes!

Any caches around Lake Allatoona are great, especially this time of year.

I'd also recommend anything on the Silver Coment Trail. You can rent a bike for the day at the Floyd Rd Depot and really enjoy hitting a lot of decent caches. Run a PQ from this cache and import it into any mapping program (like delorme). Then just pick out any of the caches you like from Smyrna to Rockmart.

In the same respect, you can head NE of downtown and check out any of the caches along the Suwanee Greenway. Run a PQ from this cache and do the same as above.

Is it still there?  The last few logs would indicate that the cache was muggled back in March.
though I think this one is actually gone.

Johnnie Lacy &/or I are trying to adopt it and replace it. I received an email from a local approver stating that if caches are missing unless the owner plans to replace, they will be archived. However, I brought up a recent adoption of another older cache here in GA that was also missing/muggled and that person was allowed to adopt it. So I'm hopeful the cache will be reborn soon. The listed owners have not logged onto gc.com since January. Johnnie lives about 5 minutes from that location. So it could be up and running in no time.