Weekend Caching Gang #3, Totally Tubular

AndrewRJ

Well since Analog Dog hasn't posted I will chose this weeks mini adventure.

After hearing so much about the Totally Tubular series, and having Kiersolve mention that he wanted to do them, I decided that this would be the perfect trip.

We will meet at 8AM at the parking lot near N 47 39.919 W 122 20.678

which is near TT2 and TT5 and do the rest in the best order we can

See you there!

Edited by andrewrj

Thanks for posting AJ, and sure, lets go caching the TT series. JCAR has been tugging on my cape to get us to go do Nellie does Greenlake, and I did mention that to Kiersolvd, which elicted his post.

So I say that we do the TT series, and leave Nellie for next weekend, as TT is going to have us go over hill and dale to grab it. I have done 1 and 2, 5 is a multi in the same area, 4 is on Magnolia, and 6 is down along Lake Washington.

Who has the biggest car? I say we take one with everybody in it. That way the geobullers and the latte drinkers can have their designated driver.... And we grab whatever caches we can on the way. Maybe we can grab all of Dayspring's caches except for SEATAC Plane Exchange and fill his email! They are all more or less along a route between the TT series.

Next week, lets take on JCARs nemisis, Nellie Does Greenlake. And looking ahead, lets take on the U District on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, while the kids are out of town. But that weekend could have some special trips planned for each of the days.

IF I can get myself out of bed early enough and get ready, I'm going to try to be there.

I don't know Allanon, you're not much of an early riser! :)

I'm looking forward to joining one of these outings, now that I have a little more time on Saturdays. Maybe in December, since the agenda for Nov is all stuff I have already done. Too bad I missed Redmond, you all got a bunch of caches that I've been wanting to do! :)

Who has the biggest car? I say we take one with everybody in it. That way the geobullers and the latte drinkers can have their designated driver.... And we grab whatever caches we can on the way. Maybe we can grab all of Dayspring's caches  except for SEATAC Plane Exchange and fill his email! They are all more or less along a route between the TT series.

This looks to be a good gang tomarrow! :)

I share AD's concern about overwhelming neighborhoods with too many cars. Totally Tubular! seems to be a case in point. Is there somewhere else that we could meet that we could park cars at and do some carpooling? Totally Tubular V at Woodland Park might be better to meet at for that reason. What do you think?

IF I can get  myself out of bed early enough and get ready, I'm going to try to be there.

I don't know Allanon, you're not much of an early riser! :)

[whine]

BUT...I like to sleep in to 7:00am on Saturdays...

[/whine] :)

It also depends on the weather...if it's raining like it is right now tomorrow morning, I'm definitely sleeping in. :)

Ok I understand the parking concerns. So where would be a better place to park? I know that some of the lots around the zoo are pay parking.

Does anyone have a good place near TT5?

Erik, I will pick you up at your house if you wnat, just PM me the coords or instructions.

Also it looks like rain we should all be prepared.

Very often (even on weekends) there is parking just off of North 50th St. in Woodland Park, and it's definitely easier than trying to park closer to the lake.

Here are some approximate coordinates for that parking lot driveway:

N 47 39.919 W 122 20.678

That will put you very close to TT2 and another short walk to the start of TT5. It's really not worth parking twice for those two caches.

You shouldn't have too much trouble parking near TT1. Even though it's very residential, there is a lot of parking on Wallingford Ave on the east side of the park if the streets closer to the cache are somehow packed. If someone asks, I could reactivate Wallingford SOOP for a quick multi while you're in the neighborhood.

Have fun!

Very often (even on weekends) there is parking just off of North 50th St. in Woodland Park, and it's definitely easier than trying to park closer to the lake.

N 47 39.919 W 122 20.678

That will put you very close to TT2 and another short walk to the start of TT5. It's really not worth parking twice for those two caches.

You shouldn't have too much trouble parking near TT1. Even though it's very residential, there is a lot of parking on Wallingford Ave on the east side of the park if the streets closer to the cache are somehow packed. If someone asks, I could reactivate Wallingford SOOP for a quick multi while you're in the neighborhood.

Have fun!

Ok thanks for the coords. So I think that given that we have coords and concerns about parking that we will meet here.

N 47 39.919 W 122 20.678

And if you do park there, you will be less than 0.2 miles from my Very Bunnycache. Why not grab it during your tour? Also, parking will likely be most problematic at TTIII. You want to park on E. Calhoun St. (just east of 18th Ave East). You can't reach the cache from W Montlake Pl E though that is the closest street. Have fun at all of them! peace, fishiam

:D  "If it can be reactiviated, we'll try to find it," he asks hopefully.  :D

Will do. It will be active again in an hour or so. While work is being done near the cache location it is really out in the open because part of the cache-cover has been removed. In fact, you might even find it before stopping at all the parts. This will be a good test!

Well shucks, ya'll will be so darn close you should do some nolenator caches in the UW.

Sure, they can squeeze in Something Evil in no time!

OK, she called sooner than I thought...we're meeting in South Kirkland and will see you at the meeting place, but we'll definitely be leaving at Noon at the latest.

Unless it's pouring Cats and Dogs and Chickens...then you're on your own.

See you tomorrow...probably. :D

Well shucks, ya'll will be so darn close you should do some nolenator caches in the UW.  Oh there I go with that shameless self-promotion that I promised not to do.  Peace, Nolenator

The problem with that is that there is a football game not too far from there on Saturday.

Edit to note that as long as we are getting into self promotion, I have one that starts not too far from TT6

Edited by WeightMan
Heck I dropped the final waypoint so it should be a snap. If LittleBlue goes with them I would say it would even be painless. Of course she hasn't been to the final yet. Peace, Nolenator

And I haven't logged it yet, have I, tinkerbell :ninja: ...

I'll get back there! Always have to cut it short of the prize with the kids to pick up from school...

:lol:

See you all at way too early in the morn, and it's dry for now!

The problem with that is that there is a football game not too far from there on Saturday.

Unfortunately it's true. Tomorrow is the Homecoming football game vs. Oregon State, so hitting some caches on the UW campus might be tough. The good news is that the game is not until 3:30, so an early morning cache run could be possible. As far as getting to TT3, you might want to come from the south anyway, parking at N 47 38.485 W 122 18.655

That's right by MGTS Excess-or-rize, and another short .1 mile on to TT3.

Well, we had a blast today, even if it was raining. I bagged 9 caches, including 5 of the 6 TT series. Only III was left, and LB and I ran out of time because we had to get her back to the eastside by 12:30...and we didn't really make it. :unsure:

Looking forward to more outings with youse guys.

Well, I made it to the baby shower just a few mins later, but before the 'surprise' appearance of the mom-to-be, so it all worked out in the end. I thought I knew how that 'find address' thing worked on the Garmin, but it turns out I keep forgetting... Looks like I can't poke fun at PP so much now! :ph34r:

I had lots of fun, took lots of pictures, and will try to log soon... :lol: looking forward to hearing where the next adventure will lead.