Survivor & Immunity Idol

ChileHead

I picked up on the slight relationship to caching when they were doing the promo earlier this week. The big difference is that we know within about 30ft where to search, since we're supplied with coordinates and use a device to guide us to the coords. Meanwhile, these folks were told simply to go find an idol with these dimensions in a forest. No instructions as to where in the forest to look.

I picked up on the slight relationship to caching when they were doing the promo earlier this week. The big difference is that we know within about 30ft where to search, since we're supplied with coordinates and use a device to guide us to the coords. Meanwhile, these folks were told simply to go find an idol with these dimensions in a forest. No instructions as to where in the forest to look.

Still, I would assume that whoever hid it either took the path of least resistance and hid it in an easily reachable place, OR left a slight trail of bent grass and ruffle leaves.

(I didn't watch the show just making general observations about people hiding things)

1. Temporary caches cannot be listed.

2. This cache was placed beyond the hider's maintainable distance (vacation cache).

3. This cache does not involve GPS use through providing meaningful coordinates.

4. The cache is near a sensitive archaeological site (Mayan ruins), in violation of the "Off Limits" section of the Geocache Listing Requirements/Guidelines.

This cache is archived, with extreme prejudice. The tribe of reviewers has spoken. It's time for you to go.

1. Temporary caches cannot be listed.

Who needs a website when you have a successful TV show? I mean, one episode probably costs multiples more than Jeremy's yearly budget. 99% of the viewers would probably say "geo-what?" if you asked them if they saw a parallel between the hidden idol and hunting for a micro in the woods with bad coords.

Mark Burnett could launch a geocaching site tomorrow and instantly have more traffic than this one.

The big difference is that we know within about 30ft where to search, since we're supplied with coordinates and use a device to guide us to the coords. Meanwhile, these folks were told simply to go find an idol with these dimensions in a forest.

Almost like looking for a cache hidden by someone that was using a Magellan GPSr.

You know it is in the woods somewhere. :D

Who needs a website when you have a successful TV show? I mean, one episode probably costs multiples more than Jeremy's yearly budget. 99% of the viewers would probably say "geo-what?" if you asked them if they saw a parallel between the hidden idol and hunting for a micro in the woods with bad coords.

Mark Burnett could launch a geocaching site tomorrow and instantly have more traffic than this one.

Um...wrong side of the bed this morning?

I think the humor and sarcasm in Keystone's post was clear, wasn't it?

I immediately wondered if any of them had ever done geocaching. From the heavily edited shots we saw several people seemed to just walk around but a couple of them were shown looking in crannies and under places where I would hide a six inch Idol. Maybe they will get a GPS in a reward challenge next week and a set of clues in Mayan like we have for This cache in Lincoln :ninja:

Hmmm...sometimes I wonder if geocaches are idols for some people on here, hence the name geocachers, (those who worship geocaches),...or maybe obsessions is the right word...even if they don't have mayan clues.

Oh well, either way, this is a fun thread :ph34r:

Anybody watching Survivor tonight think ... I could find that idol! i mean, it's 6" long. That's huge! Just how many places could it be? I think most of us would have an advantage finding that idol after doing it hundreds/thousands of times before!

That was exactly the same thing we said when we saw that!!!!

Ed & Julie