Proposal

The Trans Canada trail is still under construction and is not yet a continuous trail. My idea would be to have a category for the locations of parts of the trail that are active. The idea would be to add your waymark you need to post a picture of the trail head and post the coordinates of the trail head, where the section ends, the total length of the section and the terrain difficulty of the section. Anyone have any other suggestions.

I think that's an excellent idea. As a matter of fact I made a proposal post back in August (see below) that is very similar but for the Bruce Trail system in Ontario. I can see potential for both as sub-categories, something like; "Bruce Trail Trailheads" and one for your "Trans-Canada Trail Trailheads".

I'm currently putting together details and wording for a proposal that would be best placed as a sub to a "Trailhead" category. The name will need some extra thought but what I am aiming for is waymarks that are for a specific trail system's trail access points and parking coordinates for that access. This major trail system here in Ontario, called the Bruce Trail, consists of approximately 700 kilometers of main trail and 800 km of official side trails. At last count there are in excess of 200 geocaches along the system. It's map book does show "official" parking locations but none of the numerous roadside spots. Also the mapbook has absolutely no reference to coordinates of any kind. The maps do however show a trail mileage reference which I would somehow like to incorporate into each waymark created. As manager of this subcategory I would provide this info to each waymark creator for them to add to their listing. I doubt if managers will have the authority or ability to go in and edit WM listings.

Cheers, Olar

The ' TransCanada Trail' intersects with the 'Bruce Trail' System and the 'Oakridges Morain,' where I and others also have "Geocaches' hidden, would make an excellent cross-country log in system.

There could be other trail systems too.....like the 'Lake Ontario Waterfront' Trail' from Niagara on the Lake to Brockville a 740 km stretch.

The 'Trans Can Trail' should in itself create enough interested.

Lake Ontario Waterfront Trails

Bruce Trail

Trans Canada Trail Link :D

And lastly... "Oak Ridges Morain"

I went looking for something about the Trans Canada Trail on here thinking it would make a great category to add to Waymarking. I found nothing so here I am in the Forums and here is a proposal idea.

I think it would be a great idea, part of the trail is just north of where I live in Saskatchewan. I haven't been on much the the trail in this area but what I have been on is great as it follows along the Qu'Appelle Valley in Southern Saskatchewan.

Something like the Trans Canada Trail that will cross the country would make a great category, all the trail heads, sign and information posts would be a great addition to Waymarking.

I hope this post gets people talking about this again.

Spud