Popularity Filter For Non Premium Member

When viewing some categories, I get

There are subcategories containing waymarks that are not being displayed due to your filter (popularity or location) settings.

But I'm not a premium member so dont have a popularity filter, I also havent setup the location filter yet,

Present Location Filter:Filter is off

I guess not being a P.M. I have a filter applied that I can't change, is this correct?

{I have searched but cant find anything on this, guess cos its only just become available to non P.M.'s}

I may be wrong but I don't think Waymarking offers any premium member-only features at the moment.

I just went in as a "guest" and was able to perform searches etc. From the directory choose one of the 3 main sub-categories. Over on the right side in the Waymark search box choose "advanced search" and then pick a search type.

Members logging in will see an additional search box called "You are here". Multiple search "origins" can be setup like home, work, Mom's, and so on. Then you can do a search "by origin".

Have fun, Olar

When viewing some categories, I get
There are subcategories containing waymarks that are not being displayed due to your filter (popularity or location) settings.

But I'm not a premium member so dont have a popularity filter, I also havent setup the location filter yet,

Present Location Filter:Filter is off

I guess not being a P.M. I have a filter applied that I can't change, is this correct?

{I have searched but cant find anything on this, guess cos its only just become available to non P.M.'s}

I have the same thing happening to me and I can't find the popularity filter (I'm not a premium member).

Popularity filter is only available to Premium Members at this time. So are items like favorites and ratings.

I understand that the popularity settings are for premium members, but I have no location filter on and if I go into Pet-Friendly places I get a message saying that there are sub-categories but I can't view them because of popularity or location filter on. I'm not using a location filter, but if I go into the full listings of categories by clicking on entire list on the home page I can find off leash dog areas, which is under per-friendly places. This happens to me in other categories also.

Popularity filter is only available to Premium Members at this time.

I understand that I cant set a value, but is a filter still being applied? (that I dont have any control over)

If there is no Popularity filter *at all*, then why do we get this message (in my first post) about a filter being applied? (when supposedly there isnt any)